BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Summer Transfer/discussion Thread

• Replies 4.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

No pal, that's been doubled too!! So we now have a £21m budget. Premier League here we come.

Ps...I said I believed that PL would have £5m to spend following the JR sale. That was based on HIS belief at the time from information id heard from staff at the club. The fact he didn't get that £5m was prob the beginning of the end for him...but whatever!

£21m? Excellent! If we sell a few more we might finally get to that £50m war chest that Nixon promised. Maybe they'll double that too. It's all coming together at last!!.

Whatever money Lambert was offered wouldn't have been enough for him. He never wanted to be at the club. Why do you think he had an exit clause? A quick pay day, getting his name back on the footie map and then off he goes after the Celtic job. Shame it didn't work out for him.

Some Rovers fans were well and truly sucked in by that guy.

In fact, let me jog your me memory some more. I told you that PL didn't rate JR and would push for him to be sold. £5m to spend st Christmas was what I believe he'd been promised from that sale...

You jog away! it was obvious Lambert didn't rate Rhodes, he kept substituting him. I think he even took him off in the Bolton game round Christmas when we were desperate for a goal. He just wasn't Lamberts type of player at all. You didn't need to be ITK to see that.

Honestly mate, I don't. For most of his career he's been a bit of a stump. Last season was his best by far, agreed. So for me the best time to sell is now....but ONLY if the money is reinvested. And I mean every single penny.

And you know that there is absolutely no chance of that.

This is asset-stripping full stop.

It will only cease when there is nothing left to sell.

The club and the supporters are being penalised for Venkys massive mistakes(to use a kind word).

If/When Hanley is sold only a very small fraction of the money will be given to Coyle to spend, the rest of it will be used to bring down the club's overall debt.

No surprise. The second Brown was brought to the club it was obvious that there was rationale behind it that extended past him being just a 'good guy to have around the place'. The only reason we'll be dipping into the freebie bin again at CB is if his never-ending injury problems don't go away and/or if Duffy leaves.

If/When Hanley is sold only a very small fraction of the money will be given to Coyle to spend, the rest of it will be used to bring down the club's overall debt.

If we're on course to lose another £20m at the end of the financial year it won't even touch the debt unfortunately. Lets hope the losses have been stemmed and the wage bill is at a reasonable level for a Championship side.

• Moderation Lead

It makes you wonder how their brains work, it really does. As if we're not losing money all the time, a Hanley sale won't even make a dent!

£21m? Excellent! If we sell a few more we might finally get to that £50m war chest that Nixon promised. Maybe they'll double that too. It's all coming together at last!!.

Whatever money Lambert was offered wouldn't have been enough for him. He never wanted to be at the club. Why do you think he had an exit clause? A quick pay day, getting his name back on the footie map and then off he goes after the Celtic job. Shame it didn't work out for him.

Some Rovers fans were well and truly sucked in by that guy.

You jog away! it was obvious Lambert didn't rate Rhodes, he kept substituting him. I think he even took him off in the Bolton game round Christmas when we were desperate for a goal. He just wasn't Lamberts type of player at all. You didn't need to be ITK to see that.

Same with Gary Bowyer :rover:

And you know that there is absolutely no chance of that.

This is asset-stripping full stop.

It will only cease when there is nothing left to sell.

The club and the supporters are being penalised for Venkys massive mistakes(to use a kind word).

Agreed.

In fact, let me jog your me memory some more. I told you that PL didn't rate JR and would push for him to be sold. £5m to spend st Christmas was what I believe he'd been promised from that sale...

let me jog your memory some more....Moyes/Joyce.You told us that too.

I never thought Duffy would go to Celtic anyway.

Big fanbase but not a big club.

Surely you are taking the p1ss here.

Champions League every year, enormous crowds, huge worldwide fanbase, blessed by the Pope. They are one of the biggest/most recognisable clubs in the world, especially in terms of fanbase. You don;t half talk some rubbish at times.

How can we be on course to lose another £20 million at the end of the year?

The last accounts posted a loss of £17 million. Since then wage and cost cutting has continued and the pay-offs are coming to an end.

We've sold in excess of £20 million of talent in that time.

So simple logic suggests one of 2 things must happen in the next accounts - either the '£100 million debt' will be reduced by a substantial amount and come down to £80 odd million - or we'll actually make a profit in our next accounts on the basis of the £20 million + wiping out whatever losses we've incurred.

So if the debt rises again or if we post another huge loss then its time to question precisely where that £20 million+ has gone if not into the club/debt.

I never thought Duffy would go to Celtic anyway.

Big fanbase but not a big club.

I've kept out of any 'chaddy bashing' up until now but this is a ludicrous statement. More people turned up at Celtic Park to see the unveiling of their new manager than we get for a league game!!

Wtf constitutes a 'big club' if it isn't the size of their fan base chaddy? Amount of TV revenue they get?

There are probably only about 4 or 5 clubs in England that are as big as (or bigger than) Celtic. It is genuinely a global club - as are Rangers.

They just happen to play in a crap league.

I think the "plan" is to show that we have much lower losses at the end of this financial period with all of the sales that have taken place and reduction in wage spend.

The model that they seem to want to follow is buy freebies/cheap upcoming players and use the loan market, in addition to continued investment in the academy with the hope that this model can keep us competitive in this league.

I think the "plan" is to show that we have much lower losses at the end of this financial period with all of the sales that have taken place and reduction in wage spend.

The model that they seem to want to follow is buy freebies/cheap upcoming players and use the loan market, in addition to continued investment in the academy with the hope that this model can keep us competitive in this league.

Sounds much like the plan that was going to take us to top 5 in the Premier League.

Thanks Kamy, we all know this will fail and none of us like the 'plan' however the problem is there is nobody to complain to or that would listen, the only thing you can do is walk away and hope they do too.

How can we be on course to lose another £20 million at the end of the year?

The last accounts posted a loss of £17 million. Since then wage and cost cutting has continued and the pay-offs are coming to an end.

We've sold in excess of £20 million of talent in that time.

So simple logic suggests one of 2 things must happen in the next accounts - either the '£100 million debt' will be reduced by a substantial amount and come down to £80 odd million - or we'll actually make a profit in our next accounts on the basis of the £20 million + wiping out whatever losses we've incurred.

So if the debt rises again or if we post another huge loss then its time to question precisely where that £20 million+ has gone if not into the club/debt.

Sorry, thought we posted a loss of £24m in last accounts.

Still, £17m isn't great. Let's hope we've nowd everyone off from previous contracts and that the wage bill is sustainable. With no money coming in except from a reduced crowd and reduced merchandise i still don't see how we won't make a loss in most years without a profit in transfer dealings.

Sounds like they've finally been reigned in by their bank who are the ones who've really been pouring millions in to keep rovers going.

Generous benefactors my ass, con artists all the way.

Coyle's done the freebies bit, money now needs to be spent on some quality young uns. It's false economy not to if we sign the right ones.

The first British club to win the European Cup - when it was a proper competition - is not a big club?

Yeah that is correct. But like I said a Big fan base club

The Champions League these days is about having the biggest clubs in the Competitions not just the League Winners. UEFA, want the top 3/4 clubs from England, Spain, Italy, Germany before they think other clubs from other countries

I was saying this in December that's Rhodes wasn't Lambert type of striker. and kept getting told I was wrong. I said that Lambert's style was a target man type(Graham) and skilful striker(Watt) striker force

not really going to have an impact on the debt is it really. The only way to get rid of the debt is getting promotion and using the Premier League money to pay of the day

Surely you are taking the p1ss here.

Champions League every year, enormous crowds, huge worldwide fanbase, blessed by the Pope. They are one of the biggest/most recognisable clubs in the world, especially in terms of fanbase. You don;t half talk some rubbish at times.

Champions League? haven't even make the group stage for the past 2 years. and loss yesterday to a Gibraltar side.

we should be investment in the academy but not keen on the rest of the plan.

Archived