BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Summer Transfer/discussion Thread

I quite like this idea of selling our best players so we can post lower losses this financial year. Back to square one by next season though. At that point we won't have anyone worth selling so the debt will be on the up again. Great long term plan, Venksters you @#/?!

• Replies 4.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think I recall it being 3 million/year Tony. The last accounts showed that over 70 staff/players were allocated against the Academy, nearly 1/3rd the total, which I thought was a ludicrous level to produce a player every two years. Would be much simpler all round to buy a 6 million player every two years.

Just what John Williams said once when debating the merits of the academy but everything at the club then was geared to keeping us competitive in the Prem.

I quite like this idea of selling our best players so we can post lower losses this financial year. Back to square one by next season though. At that point we won't have anyone worth selling so the debt will be on the up again. Great long term plan, Venksters you @#/?!

Run up a huge debt secured in India and serviced by Prem money / sales then parachutes and when that ends set about paying it down by chopping the team to bits and then repeat this process every 3 years or so. Isn't that actually what's been happening since they arrived though ...

Meanwhile someone somewhere drains out a nice little % of all the income, the project partners plan all along probably :blink:

Just what are they getting out of this?

which is the reason i think OCM will be able to spend a little cash and bring in 1 or 2 players that will be worth selling next year or the year after , it could be that even 1 of Hendrie or Byrne is signed permantley in January

which is the reason i think OCM will be able to spend a little cash and bring in 1 or 2 players that will be worth selling next year or the year after , it could be that even 1 of Hendrie or Byrne is signed permantley in January

Wishful thinking but no way. Billic likes Hendrie, I lived with a West Ham fan at university and he was banging on about him. Says he's a player with a lot of potential.

Byrne is onto bigger and better things. How I'd love to secure either one on a permanent deal - great resale value - but sadly it won't happen.

See Coyle's poor signing Feeney highlighting that he's not good enough on the back page of the LT but he'light for his place god help us why s he's even here in the first place.

He seems to have emerged as Coyles chief cheerleader, footballing ability aside, this sort of thing usually ends in tears.

We're minted lads. Iv heard the kitty is now upto £35m as we're remaining Ewood. Renamed the Chicken Shack from next season!? I love it!!

....bids in for Dann, Bolasie, Cresswell and Rhodes (permanent)...we're heading back to the big time lads!! 😎

We're minted lads. Iv heard the kitty is now upto £35m as we're remaining Ewood. Renamed the Chicken Shack from next season!? I love it!!

....bids in for Dann, Bolasie, Cresswell and Rhodes (permanent)...we're heading back to the big time lads!!

that's no worse than some of your other predictions. :tu:

....bids in for Dann, Bolasie, Cresswell and Rhodes (permanent)...we're heading back to the big time lads!!

awesome Mani. cant wait. :lol:B):lol:

Rhodes is crap though ! You told us enough..... :P

Byrne is onto bigger and better things. How I'd love to secure either one on a permanent deal - great resale value - but sadly it won't happen.

Don't be so sure, Steele, Evans, Cairney, Gestede etc - all originally loans?

You COULD argue that Bowyer built the best side we've had in 5/6 years.... Gestede, Cairney, Conway, Evans, Spurr, Duffy and Marshall for under £5m is ridiculously good business.

And before anyone starts pointing to the dross remember that he also reduced the wages AND made a net gain on his transfer business.

As Iv said before, average tactician, bloody brilliant in the transfer market!

Apart from Marshall the rest aren't ninety minute men for large periods of the season think you need to have a look at yourself young man.

Bowyer signed a massive 38 plus players as well during his two and half year stint.

38 players signed you only need ELEVEN players ffs why did it take so many for you to be unable to name a competent successful team of players.

Bowyer certainly got more wrong than he got right in the transfer market with his extremely high turnover of players.

None of whom were highly-rated prospects at a top PL club.

Truedat, but doesn't that also point to an improvement in loan recruitment? We both know it's an ideal way for a skint club to see a player first, settle them in and potentially get them interested.

Danny Graham for instance, albeit not a youngster- still wouldn't have fancied him on a free based on the offers he likely could've got.

It's not probable that either will become perm deals, but I wouldn't right it off just yet! Let's see them play first, decide if we want them..

;) 2 games enough? :)

Can we not send them Henley and pretend it was a bad phone line when they enquired about him, in fact in Geordie dialect the two names are identical

The beard may give Adam away though.

Its not quite as easy as when we sent Martin Olsson to Norwich.

Apart from Marshall the rest aren't ninety minute men for large periods of the season think you need to have a look at yourself young man.

Bowyer signed a massive 38 plus players as well during his two and half year stint.

38 players signed you only need ELEVEN players ffs why did it take so many for you to be unable to name a competent successful team of players.

Bowyer certainly got more wrong than he got right in the transfer market with his extremely high turnover of players.

Clueless.

Clueless.

Looks quite accurate, turnover of players seemed to be Bowyers forte. He dropped lucky with something like 4 players?

You mention Spurr as a bargain yet most on here are glad to see the back of him, there's one example.

Just saying.

Still, Chaddy liked you post.

Express article saying we want 6 million for Hanley and 4 for duffy, but Coyle is only willing too lose one of them. I think both will be gone before the end of the transfer window personally. http://www.express.co.uk/sport/football/689212/Blackburn-Grant-Hanley-Shane-Duffy-Newcastle-Fulham-Wolves-Transfer-Gossip-Rumours-News

Looks quite accurate, turnover of players seemed to be Bowyers forte. He dropped lucky with something like 4 players?

You mention Spurr as a bargain yet most on here are glad to see the back of him, there's one example.

Just saying.

Still, Chaddy liked you post.

Too be fair, when we first got Spurr he was solid and a decent player in my opinion, he's nowhere near the same player now as when he first joined us in my and was definitely the right move too let him go, don't think he could be classed as a poor GB signing though in the same ilk as your Koita's Delfouneso's and Guthries.

Express article saying we want 6 million for Hanley and 4 for duffy, but Coyle is only willing too lose one of them. I think both will be gone before the end of the transfer window personally. http://www.express.co.uk/sport/football/689212/Blackburn-Grant-Hanley-Shane-Duffy-Newcastle-Fulham-Wolves-Transfer-Gossip-Rumours-News Too be fair, when we first got Spurr he was solid and a decent player in my opinion, he's nowhere near the same player now as when he first joined us in my and was definitely the right move too let him go, don't think he could be classed as a poor GB signing though in the same ilk as your Koita's Delfouneso's and Guthries.

If Duffy only has 12 months and isn't looking like signing a renewal, then sell him as thats practical, wouldn't let Hanley go to a club in the same league, and I don't think it's a good move for him, he should be looking at the PL at his age.

Archived