BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Summer Transfer/discussion Thread

Do you have some inside information Chaddy because all I have heard is the six million figure. I would agree however that with the transfer fees being bandied about we should hold out for ten. Somebody will be prepared to pay it even if Newcastle won't. Anyway I would add an extra five million for any club in the same league as Rovers.

• Replies 4.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Moderation Lead

I'll be honest, nobody should be talking about any figures banded about with certainty as none of us know for sure. As a GUESS, I'd say £6 Million plus add-ons is what Hanley will go for if he is sold.

Lad's a Scottish international and still relatively young, so there is still re-sale value years down the line if he improves a lot.

Do you have some inside information Chaddy because all I have heard is the six million figure. I would agree however that with the transfer fees being bandied about we should hold out for ten. Somebody will be prepared to pay it even if Newcastle won't. Anyway I would add an extra five million for any club in the same league as Rovers.

Ive only read what Coyle has said on the matter. He keep saying our valuation is much higher than Newcastle bids have been for Hanley.

If Michael Keane is worth 18/20 mil then Our valuation must be 10 mil minimum.

Also Ive read the Newcastle local paper and it says reports in Lancashire says the asking price 6 mil. Dont know where they get their info from tho

If its a toss up between letting Hanley or Duffy go then for me it would be Duffy on his way.

However, if Rovers had any sense (big if) then they would have a 3 year deal on the table for Duffy. Give him 2 weeks to accept and if by then he hasn't signed it then get him sold for 2 million and then use that money to bring in 2-3 decent players.

Then I woke up and realised that we are being taken for fools once again. The plan from Venkys and Cheston from the outset was to cash in on whoever they could. They might drag it out for a few weeks to try and squeeze more cash out of interested clubs, but make no mistake, by the time the window shuts the saleable assets won't be here, if we're lucky they might be replaced by a couple of free transfers, but more likely they will use Wes Brown. Cheston is preparing the groundwork for major departures by making comments to Radio Lancashire. Dragging it out longer helps them because they might get more money as buying clubs become more desperate, and they can pretend the sale came about suddenly and they didn't have the time to find a cash replacement, or that there were no players of 'value for money' so instead they bring in some trialists or loans instead. On the cycle goes.

I almost, almost, feel sorry for Coyle in all this. He's come in here, clearly desperate to make a good job of it here, pressure on him from the off due to recent failures and sceptical fans, and yet he's got owners and a board actively trying to sell his best players when all efforts should be on spending some money to assemble a squad that is good enough for this division.

From Paul Wheelock

Owen Coyle says no new #nufc bids for Grant Hanley - and no change on his stance. #rovers

Dunfermline Athletic's out of contract striker Faissal El Bakhtaoui will join #rovers on trial tomorrow. May feature in pre-season games.

Just watched the vid of the lad from Dunfermline.

The lad is out of contract, looks to have a bit of pace, decent first touch, can use both feet and his head so why not have a look at him first hand, no harm done.

He can only score against the teams and players put in front of him, granted that's pretty poor quality up to now, but we'll never know unless someone gives him a chance to play against better opponents. One thing I am pretty sure of is that given the same amount of games in this division, I bet he scores more goals than Chris Brown!

For Christ's sake. The lad is coming for a trial. If he's not good enough he'll be sent packing. If you don't dig you don't find gold. Don't write him off before he kicks a ball with Rovers.

I give you Chris brown

Coyle has already said He doesnt want to Hanley to leave. Also I dont think Rovers asking price/Valuation is 6 mil more like 10 mil. So who keep telling the press that the asking price 6 mil? Cos everytime Coyle has spoken he has said his valuation is much higher than Newcastle's bids have been.

Cant see Hanley going public cos its just annoyed our owners to hell. Look what happened with Gestede, Rhodes and Phil Jones. They are very hard to do deals with.

Coyle tells lies

Andy Bayes - Mike Cheston has told us that its a 'definite possibility' that a first team player could leave before the season starts.

So it continues then. The prospect of losing first teamers shouldn't even be on the agenda at this stage. We've got a threadbare squad of 17 players topped up with u21 players. 2 recognised forwards on the books, and yet our 'Director' is basically saying all our players are for sale and we're going to let at least one go.

Yes, but the manager spoke very well at a Q & A session the other night. It's the important things that matter ;-)

It's a matter of opinion. Personally I don't think it's a "top" post but I can see why other posters would.

If you went to a staff meeting and after the first three meetings the coffee machine remained broken and NOTHING was being done to address the concerns, NOBODY was listening, and the management were continuing to talk about drinking coffee as though the thing wasn't broken then people would become very frustrated (but maybe healthier). They would have a low opinion of the management though and feel they aren't being taken seriously. That kind of attitude permeating through the entire list and half a dozen similar issues were being ignored then you have a real problem, not least with morale.

All that said, what has happened, and continues to happen, is nothing like a broken coffee machine. In fact, black smoking is billowing from behind an office door and nobody is listening to those worrying about the fire. "Stop complaining FFS, if you don't like it the you can leave but I'm not quitter *cough*".

Coffee machinne broken? I'm outta there.

The day is fast approaching des so I'm sure we'll find out.

We'll probably just carry on declining until we hit rock bottom, Venkys will then come out and say the they're fully committed to the club and on we go.

I just hope these predicted sales, if they go through will see them off, but you never know with this lot, mad as a box of frogs.

Rock bottom is the folding of iur once proud club

Thing that worries me about keeping Hanley if he wants to go is he very much strikes me as the kind to pull a stroke or two in defiance.

If its a toss up between letting Hanley or Duffy go then for me it would be Duffy on his way.

However, if Rovers had any sense (big if) then they would have a 3 year deal on the table for Duffy. Give him 2 weeks to accept and if by then he hasn't signed it then get him sold for 2 million and then use that money to bring in 2-3 decent players.

Then I woke up and realised that we are being taken for fools once again. The plan from Venkys and Cheston from the outset was to cash in on whoever they could. They might drag it out for a few weeks to try and squeeze more cash out of interested clubs, but make no mistake, by the time the window shuts the saleable assets won't be here, if we're lucky they might be replaced by a couple of free transfers, but more likely they will use Wes Brown. Cheston is preparing the groundwork for major departures by making comments to Radio Lancashire. Dragging it out longer helps them because they might get more money as buying clubs become more desperate, and they can pretend the sale came about suddenly and they didn't have the time to find a cash replacement, or that there were no players of 'value for money' so instead they bring in some trialists or loans instead. On the cycle goes.

I almost, almost, feel sorry for Coyle in all this. He's come in here, clearly desperate to make a good job of it here, pressure on him from the off due to recent failures and sceptical fans, and yet he's got owners and a board actively trying to sell his best players when all efforts should be on spending some money to assemble a squad that is good enough for this division.

Agree with most of this but I think they'll stagger the sales similar to last time, 1 now 1 in Jan then another in summer.

• Backroom

Barry Ferguson was a decent player. He just didn't settle at Rovers.

I know, that's why i was excited. Thought he would run our midfield.

Doesn't change that he ended up being a giant waste of time and money for us. Altho admittedly i can't remember what figure he left for.

And then there was Tugay ! - easily cancels out any failures

If stokes and the dunfermline lad turn out to be half as good as tugs I'll be surprised.

Coyle has already said He doesnt want to Hanley to leave. Also I dont think Rovers asking price/Valuation is 6 mil more like 10 mil. So who keep telling the press that the asking price 6 mil? Cos everytime Coyle has spoken he has said his valuation is much higher than Newcastle's bids have been.

Cant see Hanley going public cos its just annoyed our owners to hell. Look what happened with Gestede, Rhodes and Phil Jones. They are very hard to do deals with.

All three went chaddyrovers

Blackburn Rovers expect Newcastle United to return with an improved bid for Grant Hanley in the next 48 hours.

The club has already had two offers for the 24-year-old defender turned down by their Championship rivals.

Blackburn value Hanley at around £6m, and United's last bid was well below that figure, according to the South Shield Gazette.

From the Beeb

Archived