BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Summer Transfer/discussion Thread

Seems the lad from Dumfermline is a free agent , so might be a case of getting him down here away from prying eyes and if he cuts it, try and impress him with the training facilities etc , as it does appear a number of Scottish clubs are monitoring him.

I'm sure he'll be blown away compared to the porta cabin he'll have been getting changed in up there.

• Replies 4.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Dunfirminho looks like he would add something to the squad in terms of creativity upfront and he looks quick. Obviously this is based on following him throughout his entire career watching this one video.

Any one know why he's out of contract ?

Dunfirminho looks like he would add something to the squad in terms of creativity upfront and he looks quick. Obviously this is based on following him throughout his entire career watching this one video.

Any one know why he's out of contract ?

Looking like he was angling for a move , the second link might have made his mind up

http://www.heraldscotland.com/news/14447366.Faissal_El_Bakhtouai__Dunfermline_has_been_great_for_me_but_I_feel_ready_to_step_up_to_a_Premiership_club/

http://www.deadlinenews.co.uk/2016/05/02/faissal-el-bakhtaoui-takes-swipe-dunfermline-manager-allan-johnston-last-day-snub/

Seems he was not offered a new contract in May end of season.

http://www.dunfermlinepress.com/sport/14489456.Johnston__Faissal_may_still_sign_up/

But there is a deal on the table if he wants it

http://www.dafc.co.uk/story.php?t=Manager_on_Thursday&ID=9363

Probably worth a look at this guy. Clearly too good for lge 1 in Scotland...but, then again, that's not saying much. I wonder if Stokes has recommended having a look at him?

Would rather we gave Mansell a chance as fourth choice striker rather than this guy.

Nothing wrong with having look and see what he is like.

How negative are some people.

Its a trial. Blimey everyone needs to take chill pill and calm down

Jordan Preston scored 20 goals in the same league and we let him go. Remember Koita and Petchi who must have convinced somebody they were good enough to get contracts. They were both useless.

It's not negativity by the way it's realism.

Probably worth a look at this guy. Clearly too good for lge 1 in Scotland...but, then again, that's not saying much. I wonder if Stokes has recommended having a look at him?

Would rather we gave Mansell a chance as fourth choice striker rather than this guy.

We need a third choice striker first before we can consider who is fourth choice!

Not grief as such, just highlights that we are now through the bottom of the barrel.

Big Sam used to bring players in all the time. So did Hughes, Bowyer etc. There's nothing to moan about here and nothing different to how we and most other club's operate.

Where did that N'Zonzi fella come from? Was it the French 3rd division? He's done ok for himself.

who's 3rd choice?

Jordan Preston scored 20 goals in the same league and we let him go. Remember Koita and Petchi who must have convinced somebody they were good enough to get contracts. They were both useless.

It's not realism if you've never seen him play. He could be 3 times the player Jordan Preston is.

No harm in having a look. He's still a good age and his scoring record is good, albeit in the lower divisions in Scotland (although Anthony Stokes spent the second half of last season playing below the Scottish Premiership).

We desperately need added firepower in my opinion, I don't buy Coyle's talk of being happy with what he now has at his disposal. We need at least one more quality forward and then a backup for when we're chasing games or having injuries.

In Today's Sun saying that Rovers have turned down Wolves offer for Duffy(1.5 mil) and have offer him a new deal

Should have offered him a deal long ago. Leaving it until other clubs start sniffing around is madness. Rovers probably know he won't accept now he's had a decent Euros and he can get more money and better prospects elsewhere.

Same goes for Marshall. A player of his quality and versatility should have been tied down to a new contract last season at the same time Evans and Conway signed up. Now he's into the last 12 months of his deal it puts the club in a precarious position - if a bid comes in we are immediately under pressure to accept it knowing that if we don't get them signed up to fresh terms then the money on offer will start to fall.

Was reading some Cardiff fans saying the same thing about letting players deals run down before they offer them anything. Works 2 ways as their agents get active so it flushes out buyers to start a bidding process which hopefully drives it up a bit or if there is no suitable takers player might get tetchy and take your modest offer anyway.

Dangerous game for clubs though as some players will be brave enough to sit it out then take their chance and leave for nowt. If your a selling club though then it seems the new way of doing things.

Duffy is seriously underrated in my opinion. Here are some Championship data comparing him to Hanley for last season (all data from whoscored.com):

Duffy Hanley
Rating (out of 361 players) 6th 11th
Goals 4 2
Assists 2 0
% successful pass rate 62 69
Aerial won per game 7.4 4.8
Man of the Match 7 4

In fact, only 2 players in the Championship had more MoM performances.

1.5 million? You might like to compare him with these transfers from the Championship last season:

http://www.transfermarkt.com/championship/transferrekorde/wettbewerb/GB2/plus/1/galerie/0?saison_id=2015&land_id=alle&ausrichtung=Abwehr&spielerposition_id=alle&altersklasse=&leihe=&w_s=&zuab=0

• Backroom

Offering £1.5m for Duffy is pathetic, and will only get Venky's backs up further. If there's one thing that seems to @#/? them off when it comes to the club (other than the fans/peasants daring to criticise) it's other clubs making stupidly low bids for our players. You'd think other clubs would have cottoned onto this after the Jordan Rhodes saga, but apparently not.

No problem with trialists. It's the quality that concerns

That's why you bring in players, to have a look at them and see what their attitude is like. Rather we had a look first before signing them straight away

On Koita, Not suited to the English game but Bowyer took a risk on him.

Petshi, I agree. was never convince by him.

We need a third choice striker first before we can consider who is fourth choice!

supposedly Coyle has a loan striker with pace coming in. The loan deal is set up but we are waiting for the Parent club to sign a striker to allow us to sign this pacey player

No harm in having a look. He's still a good age and his scoring record is good, albeit in the lower divisions in Scotland (although Anthony Stokes spent the second half of last season playing below the Scottish Premiership).

We desperately need added firepower in my opinion, I don't buy Coyle's talk of being happy with what he now has at his disposal. We need at least one more quality forward and then a backup for when we're chasing games or having injuries.

Should have offered him a deal long ago. Leaving it until other clubs start sniffing around is madness. Rovers probably know he won't accept now he's had a decent Euros and he can get more money and better prospects elsewhere.

Same goes for Marshall. A player of his quality and versatility should have been tied down to a new contract last season at the same time Evans and Conway signed up. Now he's into the last 12 months of his deal it puts the club in a precarious position - if a bid comes in we are immediately under pressure to accept it knowing that if we don't get them signed up to fresh terms then the money on offer will start to fall.

I agree with your posts.

Duffy and Marshall should have been offered new deals last summer.

Duffy is seriously underrated in my opinion. Here are some Championship data comparing him to Hanley for last season (all data from whoscored.com):

Duffy Hanley

Rating (out of 361 players) 6th 11th

Goals 4 2

Assists 2 0

% successful pass rate 62 69

Aerial won per game 7.4 4.8

Man of the Match 7 4

In fact, only 2 players in the Championship had more MoM performances.

1.5 million? You might like to compare him with these transfers from the Championship last season:

http://www.transfermarkt.com/championship/transferrekorde/wettbewerb/GB2/plus/1/galerie/0?saison_id=2015&land_id=alle&ausrichtung=Abwehr&spielerposition_id=alle&altersklasse=&leihe=&w_s=&zuab=0

Where the stat to show how many costly mistakes the big Irish man makes in a game.

Burnley away for starters couldn't redeem himself in that game to pull the game back for Rovers!

Yes mate, net spend. This is important because we are no longer the free flowing, care free, spend as you like types we were in 90's. We rely, as do many more on buying low and selling high in order keep the wolves from the door...results and trophies play no part in this metric.

Oh, and thanks for the several occasions that you have referred to me as being young. I appreciate that this has most likely been motivated by a patronising, misguided opinion on youth and their obvious lack of knowledge but as I approach my 35th year with a wife, two children, two business and the weight of a considerable mortgage around my neck, I'll accept your underhanded slap downs as a compliment! 😏

Our loss Mani trawling through all those players is poor quality football, poor results and a huge huge amount of debt.

Gary Bowyer Mani has contributed to the debt but I don't believe for once that he was alone in all those dealings during his period at the helm.

Where the stat to show how many costly mistakes the big Irish man makes in a game.

Burnley away for starters couldn't redeem himself in that game to pull the game back for Rovers!

You know how long a season lasts Jal?

Show me a player that doesn't make any noticeable mistakes in any given season. Duffy has to be worth more than 1.5million in todays crazy world of football as tonyoz demonstrates. Irrespective whether he lost his man a few times last season.

Archived