BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Summer Transfer/discussion Thread

Big Sam used to bring players in all the time. So did Hughes, Bowyer etc. There's nothing to moan about here and nothing different to how we and most other club's operate.

Where did that N'Zonzi fella come from? Was it the French 3rd division? He's done ok for himself.

You cannot compare the two scenarios. We were an established premier league club who could afford to take a gamble/wait for someone to develop.

Now we don't have a full squad to pick from.

That's why you bring in players, to have a look at them and see what their attitude is like. Rather we had a look first before signing them straight away

On Koita, Not suited to the English game but Bowyer took a risk on him.

Petshi, I agree. was never convince by him.

supposedly Coyle has a loan striker with pace coming in. The loan deal is set up but we are waiting for the Parent club to sign a striker to allow us to sign this pacey player

We can surely work this one out. Who needs is after a striker in the Premier League?

Chelsea, Arsenal, Liverpool.

Ojo was on loan at Wolves last year, he is quick.

• Replies 4.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Gary Bowyer Signings:

Conway 150k - HIT

Duffy 1m - HIT

Marshall 1m - HIT

Steele 100k - HIT

Spurr 0k - HIT

Tuncliffe Loan - HIT

Cairney 500k - HIT

Gestede 200k - HIT

Evans 750k - HIT

Kilgallon 0k - HIT

C. Taylor 0k - HIT

Akpan 0k - HIT

Baptiste Loan - HIT

Mahoney - 350k - HIT

Doneil Henry Loan - HIT

Michael Keane Loan - HIT

Guthrie 0k - MISS

Delfonueso 0k - MISS

Koita 0k - MISS

Marrow 0k - MISS

Judge 0k - MISS

Kane Loan - MISS

Varney 0k - MISS

Dabo Loan - MISS

Brown 0k - MISS

Barrow Loan - MISS

Songo'o 0k - MISS

Petshi 0k - MISS

Feeney Loan - MISS

P.Taylor Loan - MISS

Spearing - 50/50

T. Lawrence - 50/50

Out of that Miss lists, Barrow plays often for Swansea, Dabo is a top talent in France, Judge is worth 4-5 million now and we made 350k on Koita, whilst Feeney is back!

Alastair Campbell would be proud of that spin. Jeeeesus. :lol:

This guy genuinely is playing in a league with part timers. Thats the level we are at now.

It seems as though we literally will not pay a fee for anyone despite being out of FFP. As I say, if Hanley goes we won't see bugger all of it other than a freebie ala Brown join.

From Andy Bayes on Twitter: @AndyBayes

#rovers director Mike Cheston has told us that it's a "definite possibility" that a first team player could leave before the season starts.
"Definite possibility". That's Hanley gone at a minimum and I'd imagine Duffy and Marshall. Roll up, roll up get your season tickets!

Andy Bayes - Mike Cheston has told us that its a 'definite possibility' that a first team player could leave before the season starts.

So it continues then. The prospect of losing first teamers shouldn't even be on the agenda at this stage. We've got a threadbare squad of 17 players topped up with u21 players. 2 recognised forwards on the books, and yet our 'Director' is basically saying all our players are for sale and we're going to let at least one go.

This guy genuinely is playing in a league with part timers. Thats the level we are at now.

For Christ's sake. The lad is coming for a trial. If he's not good enough he'll be sent packing. If you don't dig you don't find gold. Don't write him off before he kicks a ball with Rovers.

You know how long a season lasts Jal?

Show me a player that doesn't make any noticeable mistakes in any given season. Duffy has to be worth more than 1.5million in todays crazy world of football as tonyoz demonstrates. Irrespective whether he lost his man a few times last season.

Duffy's are regular highly costly errors unfortunately for him so his price is going to be low.

What self respecting looking to win things manager would employ Shane Duffy you wouldn't would you.

• Backroom

I struggle not to get filled with dread over any signing that comes south over the border.

Too many horror stories stuck in my head of excitement and optimism being swiftly crushed.

Barry Ferguson, Goodwillie, Amoruso.

It's why I'm not convinced on Stokes, but truly hope he proves me wrong.

It seems as though we literally will not pay a fee for anyone despite being out of FFP. As I say, if Hanley goes we won't see bugger all of it other than a freebie ala Brown join.

From Andy Bayes on Twitter: @AndyBayes

#rovers director Mike Cheston has told us that it's a "definite possibility" that a first team player could leave before the season starts.
"Definite possibility". That's Hanley gone at a minimum and I'd imagine Duffy and Marshall. Roll up, roll up get your season tickets!

Newcastle have maybe moved on from Hanley.

linked with Fulham defender

I struggle not to get filled with dread over any signing that comes south over the border.

Too many horror stories stuck in my head of excitement and optimism being swiftly crushed.

Barry Ferguson was a decent player. He just didn't settle at Rovers.

Newcastle have maybe moved on from Hanley.

linked with Fulham defender

Said it earlier on this thread, they are putting that out there to get the player and selling club twitchy so they'll pull their collective fingers out - happens all the time.

Hanley will not be here by the time the transfer window shuts and I'd be very surprised if he's here by the end of next week.

• Moderation Lead

Duffy's are regular highly costly errors unfortunately for him so his price is going to be low.

What self respecting looking to win things manager would employ Shane Duffy you wouldn't would you.

How many errors were there out of 46 games? More clearances and aerial battles won than errors made, by a distance. (No pun intended).

And then there was Tugay ! - easily cancels out any failures

So given a choice who would you rather keep? Hanley or Duffy?

Supposedly only one is going to go before season's start.

It often surprises me how stingy these super rich clubs are when it comes to haggling over a few 100,000 here and there. We do seem to get ripped off quite a lot considering the stupid money being thrown about for players these days.

In my opinion we shouldn't be letting international players like Hanley and Duffy got for less than £7.5 million and £6 million respectively. That's peanuts to Prem teams. . . and it's not like we are going to be getting big money for anyone else anytime soon.

Never trust a highlight reel. Plenty of players in the North West Counties could look equally as good based on a four minute montage.

I scored an on the run volley in the top corner with my weaker (left) foot once. :tu:

So given a choice who would you rather keep? Hanley or Duffy?

Supposedly only one is going to go before season's start.

It often surprises me how stingy these super rich clubs are when it comes to haggling over a few 100,000 here and there. We do seem to get ripped off quite a lot considering the stupid money being thrown about for players these days.

In my opinion we shouldn't be letting international players like Hanley and Duffy got for less than £7.5 million and £6 million respectively. That's peanuts to Prem teams. . . and it's not like we are going to be getting big money for anyone else anytime soon.

I scored an on the run volley in the top corner with my weaker (left) foot once. :tu:

So did I and then I woke up. :)

In the current climate I would agree with those valuations. If I had to choose I would let Duffy go. Ward is no dummy but we would need a reliable backup and I'm not convinced that that is Brown.

Said it earlier on this thread, they are putting that out there to get the player and selling club twitchy so they'll pull their collective fingers out - happens all the time.

Hanley will not be here by the time the transfer window shuts and I'd be very surprised if he's here by the end of next week.

Coyle has already said He doesnt want to Hanley to leave. Also I dont think Rovers asking price/Valuation is 6 mil more like 10 mil. So who keep telling the press that the asking price 6 mil? Cos everytime Coyle has spoken he has said his valuation is much higher than Newcastle's bids have been.

Cant see Hanley going public cos its just annoyed our owners to hell. Look what happened with Gestede, Rhodes and Phil Jones. They are very hard to do deals with.

Coyle has already said He doesnt want to Hanley to leave. Also I dont think Rovers asking price/Valuation is 6 mil more like 10 mil. So who keep telling the press that the asking price 6 mil?

Cant see Hanley going public cos its just annoyed our owners to hell. Look what happened with Gestede, Rhodes and Phil Jones. They are very hard to do deals with.

Coyle won't have a say in it, he will do what he is told whilst wearing a 'happy to be here' badge.

Is this £10m figure your own opinion or somebody else's?

Archived