BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Summer Transfer/discussion Thread

• Replies 4.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Bradshaw moves to Barnsley for 750k. A goal every other game in league 1. How haven't we been involved in that.

There was a guy once who had a similar record in league 1. I'm told he was crap though.........

Bradshaw moves to Barnsley for 750k. A goal every other game in league 1. How haven't we been involved in that.

Whaaaaat? That much? Christ almighty thats absolutely @#/? all. Can't believe it!

For christs sakes...................................

I said a long time ago we should be looking at either him or Roofe. Roofe seems to be going for a lot of money but if Bradshaw went for 750k we should have been all over that. Considerably more pulling power than Barnsley.

Shocking that a team like Barnsley are buying a player like him and we're bringing in this kid on trial. I have nothing against him but Bradshaw would have been worth a punt. And, again my favourite saying, WOULD HAVE A RESALE VALUE!

Shocking stuff.

But as I said the club played hard ball over it.

Gestede kick off The previous transfer window and Rovers didnt sell him to the transfer window after. Same as Rhodes.

Jones, didnt we get extra money from Man Utd after they met the 16.5 million pounds release clause?

Not one penny went back into the side

hasn't he just said today that's he doesn't want to sell Hanley.

stop coming up from this conspiracy theories all of the time

Asked a straight forward question chaddy no conspiracy.

May I, also ask how much would his agent stand to make out of a transfer along with Owen ?

Just asking !

A colleague of mine is a Dunfermline season ticket holder, so naturally I contacted him today to ask about this lad we supposedly have on trial. (I only recall seeing him once myself, in a cup game against - I think - Inverness Caley Thistle and he looked pacey and sharp in front of goal).

Anyway, this lad reckons he was their star man last season, came out of nowhere and has a cracking first touch, blistering pace and an eye for a goal. But, when pressed, he conceded that he had absolutely no idea whether he would be good enough for the massive step up to English Championship level.

What manager would come out and say he wants too sell his club captain? Not many. Bottom line is if Newcastle offer a couple more million than there last offer he goes and we bring wes brown in as a replacement 😂

Do you think Owen Coyle will stand to pocket a few bob extra for himself by playing this game ?

Well one thing which can help mask a lack of ability is pace. Players have made careers for themselves being quick but average players. I'd have thought the step up will perhaps be a step too far. But he's a good age and everyone has to start somewhere. Who knows? The odds are stacked against him but it can't hurt to have a quick look.

A colleague of mine is a Dunfermline season ticket holder, so naturally I contacted him today to ask about this lad we supposedly have on trial. (I only recall seeing him once myself, in a cup game against - I think - Inverness Caley Thistle and he looked pacey and sharp in front of goal).

Anyway, this lad reckons he was their star man last season, came out of nowhere and has a cracking first touch, blistering pace and an eye for a goal. But, when pressed, he conceded that he had absolutely no idea whether he would be good enough for the massive step up to English Championship level.

Good. Hopefully OC can use the trial to get a better idea on whether he'd be any good in the Championship.

"We don't want to lose Grant Hanley".

@Rovers manager Owen Coyle on @NUFC interest.

https://t.co/RcBujD4lHUhttps://t.co/AobdFYRiLo

You need to read between the lines.

We don't want to sell Grant, but we felt we had to.

We don't want to sell grant, but the lad wanted to go.

We don't want to sell grant, but the offer was too good to turn down.

Then constant referral in the media by us is just to ramp the price up.

All three went chaddyrovers

This 'venkys are hard to do deals with, get good deals for us' needs debunking.

They just don't answer the phone because they don't give one. Nothing to do with their majestic negotiating skills.

Well one thing which can help mask a lack of ability is pace. Players have made careers for themselves being quick but average players. I'd have thought the step up will perhaps be a step too far. But he's a good age and everyone has to start somewhere. Who knows? The odds are stacked against him but it can't hurt to have a quick look.

Yes like Aaron Lennon ;)

But as I said the club played hard ball over it.

Gestede kick off The previous transfer window and Rovers didnt sell him to the transfer window after. Same as Rhodes.

Jones, didnt we get extra money from Man Utd after they met the 16.5 million pounds release clause?

They didn't play hardball at all. They argue like children as decisions need all three to be in agreement.

Rhodes was 'sold' on numerous occasions over the last few years, until one of the three stooges changed their mind. This came directly from Rhodes' dad.

We had one called rochina and some people thought he wasn't up to it

I enjoyed Ruben. Cracking player, who just needed somebody to keep him playing his best, and to help him forget his errors. Alot of fans jumped on his back when he gave the ball away, or when he didnt want to pass. I just sat thinking, let him play as he had the confidence to want to take players on.

With Cheston saying there's a 'definite possibility' (wow, so bad - literally contradicts itself) then I think that the offer of the contracts to those two now is to gauge their plans and sell this summer if it seems likely they will refuse to sign.

Archived