BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Summer Transfer/discussion Thread

That's why I would make 3 or 4 players as part of 24/25 man squad. Mahoney as 4th choice, Wharton as 4th choice and Hardcastle as 4/5th choice centre midfielder

Mahoney yes, the others should be out playing regular first team football. My worry is they will become regulars on our bench too make up the numbers not to assist their development.

• Replies 4.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We've seen first hand how tough the Championship is. I hope the plan is to loan him out League 2/conference level then build him up gradually. Not many 18 year centre halves in the Championship for a reason.

Absolutely, it isn't like there is a Phil Jones round every corner

"Hanley likely to go and Duffy/Marshall in the last year of their contracts. I fully expect Marshall and Duffy to follow Hanley out of the door. Can't blame them for wanting to further their career elsewhere. Zero ambition at Rovers nowadays.

A huge job ahead for Coyle".

.........................wondering how best to spend his percentage of the sale fee.

Presumably our recruitment of players is being held up by the need to sell Hanley. If Newcastle are going to get him anyway can they please cough up now and free up his wages for a couple more loans or freebies

I've been away for a long weekend so am busy playing catch-up but it will quite blatantly be Hanley out, Brown/Wharton in. Gobsmacked that some on here (not you Gumboots) still believe that we'll shell some decent money out on a replacement.

shouldn't we be bring through youth players after the past 18 months complaining that we aren't bringing through enough youth players.

if they are good enough then play them.

Only bring them through if they are good enough, we are clearly using them as squad fillers.

We will reach a level soon whereby a lot of our kids are good enough by default.

It's Abbey goading Chaddy, not the other way round. You and the rest of the mods seem unable/unwilling to tackle this problem so the rest of us have to put up with EVERY SINGLE DAY...which is surprising given how quick some of the mods are with the bans for people apparently 'ruining' threads.

No it's Chaddy irritating a lot of us. I've tried to stop posting to/about Chaddy but sometimes it gets too much to resist

Tell you what, it seems to have been conveniently forgotten just how many new players we actually need. It sounds alarmingly to me like we've over-promoted a few kids to plug the gaps.

Get a few injuries and we're knackered....

As for Irvine walking out on us, how about that leaked photo of Sandy Stewart as the new assistant manager before it was even announced? It's no doom and gloom, just a fact. Especially considering all the club said about 'the new manager working with the existing management team' basically being horse dung.

Why do we even have kids if not to "plug the gaps"? Far from all of them will have the talent of someone like Phil Jones, but would it be such a disaster to have someone like Wharton to fill in for a couple of games next season instead of spending a lot more money on some fed up, mediocre journeyman to do the same?

Why do we even have kids if not to "plug the gaps"? Far from all of them will have the talent of someone like Phil Jones, but would it be such a disaster to have someone like Wharton to fill in for a couple of games next season instead of spending a lot more money on some fed up, mediocre journeyman to do the same?

I agree.

Yes nothing wrong with experience players but we need to bring through youth players or we might aswell get rid of the academy.

Does any know what happen to Tomilnson? Last pre season he seems set to be part of the first team then he dissappeared.

How did Nixon miss the 1st 3 signings?

Stokes and Graham? He said that Coyle was meeting them both.

Hendrie? Said to me, That this was a surprise cheap deal and we got it quick.

Stokes name wasn't mentioned until the Express ran the article.

Nixon's stance on Graham was initially that it was unlikely to happen when Wheelock was saying talks were planned.

Hendrie he had no idea.

I commented on the first two and Nixons lack of apparent knowledge on them at the time. Let's not rewrite history on this. He's the journalistic equivalent of a pub psychic.

Nixon's stance on Graham was initially that it was unlikely to happen when Wheelock was saying talks were planned.

Hendrie he had no idea.

I commented on the first two and Nixons lack of apparent knowledge on them at the time. Let's not rewrite history on this. He's the journalistic equivalent of a pub psychic.

Nixon didn't have a clue on stokes tbh I can't remember anyone seeing that one coming

If they'd given £30m to Lambert we'd probably have been in the premiership next season, that would have paid off all the debts and then some.

Instead they'll run up another 10/15m in running costs and we'll possibly be in league 1.

If it doesn't make any sense its probably dodgy.

He only wanted 20.

YOU believe ? Ha then you say the two hacks believe .

If coyle punched you on the nose you would still twist it as good

. And you twist everything as bad,why don't you push off from this message board and come back when Venkys have gone,and do us all a favour(except for your band of followers). This is a transfer discussion thread,that means any bits of transfer news,whether it ends up true or not,all you do is diss off every bit of info,we all know you are boycotting till the Venkys go,so why don't you boycot this thread and go on the Venkys thread and argue on there between yourselves.I know its its hard for you to understand but there are still a lot of us who still get excited before the season starts regardless of the owners,manager and players,it's called supporting Rovers,you call us die hard,Rovers Fans no,it's called support your team through thick or thin...

Hendrie he had no idea.

Can't argue with that.

. And you twist everything as bad,why don't you push off from this message board and come back when Venkys have gone,and do us all a favour(except for your band of followers). This is a transfer discussion thread,that means any bits of transfer news,whether it ends up true or not,all you do is diss off every bit of info,we all know you are boycotting till the Venkys go,so why don't you boycot this thread and go on the Venkys thread and argue on there between yourselves.I know its its hard for you to understand but there are still a lot of us who still get excited before the season starts regardless of the owners,manager and players,it's called supporting Rovers,you call us die hard,Rovers Fans no,it's called support your team through thick or thin...

Congratulations. You have the DGS stamp of approval for that one! Now please rethink your life.

Seriously anymore and we'll just ban both and more.

Can't be bothered with the constant reports about the same few people all the time anymore; TJ is gone and others will follow if people can't just be reasonable.

Chaddy - you know you are managing to wind folk up with the Nixon stuff, it's fine reporting it but you can't be oblivious to the fact that you reporting it as gospel is getting on folks nerves. And yes we know Coyles son says Nixon is close.

The rest of you - ignore it if you don't like it, put him on ignore or simply don't reply to it, the constant digs are more annoying to read for most than the original content.

It's at the point when you see a name has posted in a thread and you can predict the content of the post and the ones that went before it!

I'm tired!

Perhaps a do not ignore function, anymore there are only a handful of posters I even read. Be easier to be able to select them and ignore the rest of it. Bunch of squabbling, back biting schoolgirls.

The plan from the minute last season ended was to 'cash in' on Hanley. Just like the plan last summer was to cash in on Cairney and Gestede and the plan in January was to cash in on Rhodes. Anyone who can't see a clear pattern emerging here needs to take a step back and study the developments of the last 12 months.

Any club that really meant business would produce a simple 'not for sale to a Championship rival' statement and end the matter there. If Hanley wants to further his career elsewhere then allow him to go to a Premier League club, which Newcastle are not.

Yet all we hear from Coyle is 'not matching our valuation' i.e. 'keep trying, he's for sale, we just want a bit more money'. He's our captain, arguably one of the best CBs in the league, has made over 100 appearances for the club since his debut as a teenager, is a full regular international and our reigning player of the season, yet the club want to sell him. Disgusting.

Sell, sell, sell is the project now. Replace with loans and free transfers, and yet our transfer business this summer is being hailed as brilliant by some.

The question is what happens when all the assets are gone? Which will be the case in roughly 12 months time once Hanley, Duffy and Marshall are out of the door for £7-8 million and we're building our squad around other team's cast offs and kids.

My theory is that Coyle took the job on the proviso that he would be allowed to very quickly bring in Stokes, Graham, Byrne, Hendrie and Feeney, but beyond that there was no agreement from Venkys. He had to get those 5 in to even field a team in pre-season. Now he's got them its blatantly obvious we need more, quite a lot more, to have a strong squad, but that business has been suspended pending sales and departures to finance some more loans and frees.

Irish sports site article on Duffy and Celtic and Swansea interest (citing links to Mail and The Scotsman stories etc)

http://www.sportsjoe.ie/football/shane-duffy-blackburn-rovers-celtic-swansea-city-transfer/86844

I saw that article yesterday, was actually on the Uddersfield Examiner website for some reason!

I doubt £2m will get Duffy, but I'd be surprised if he's here at the start of the season if Celtic decide to spend a few quid and not insult us with derisory bids like £2m.

I just hope those rats in Pune are now selling the family silver and sodding off into the hills with the loot.

Still desperately short of pace up top and have been for how many years now? We need something else what we already have else we're going to be too predictable.

I asked Nicko about the striker loan player Coyle wants.

Says Coyle is waiting for the team to release the player on loan. He is a pacey type striker. Wont say the name tho

Archived