BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Summer Transfer/discussion Thread

You're in Vienna going to see some Mozart and you felt the need to share this to show what exactly? That people shouldn't bother you because you're there? I'm pretty sure no one would be bothering on this thread...you can choose not to read it while seeing some Mozart.

It's the discussion thread there is going to be discussion, no matter if it's 'pish' or not.

Mozart was an annoying little s**t anyway LOL

• Replies 4.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Funny one with Blackett, not seen him play but to make it this long at United he must have something at least... I saw the article slating his time at Celtic so he obviously must be raw.

and we have Journalist who is very good friends with Coyle and will talk to his on a regular basis

no

I lost track of what Nixon was saying when he completely missed his 'good friend,' Coyles's first two or three signings.

He's probably saying we will sell Hanley if Newcastle offer silly money which is the most obvious thing in football.

Personally I'd try our best to keep Hanley and would rather let Duffy go. However I'm coming from a point of view of winning football games and not covering the owners losses.

I don't follow him around. I have him on ignore. And still his all is well in the garden of rovers annoys me. Will people stop quoting him. Just start your post with his name then I'll know you are replying to something he's posted and I don't need to read it

I don't follow him around. I have him on ignore. And still his all is well in the garden of rovers annoys me. Will people stop quoting him. Just start your post with his name then I'll know you are replying to something he's posted and I don't need to read it

I can kind of cope with the grass is always greener attitude - it's annoying but it's a view. What grates is the quasi-condescending tone where (when the mood takes) everyone should accept the greenness of the grass.

Sorry, but imo we should never ever sell any of our players to a team in the same division as us, unless we were in the premier league and its a bigger team. Shows the lack of ambition, when we make other teams stronger, while weakening us. Its ridiculous.

Would you have given Hughes or Souness funds based on their initial 3-6 months with Rovers?

Doesn't matter, if you looked at who sat in the boardroom back then, you would have given them whatever they wanted when they asked for it. They werent mickey mouse managers, so early results were irrelevant. Everything back in the John Williams days were the complete opposite of what they are today. Yes there were issues, but man, the communication and direction were clearly visible for all to see.

I lost track of what Nixon was saying when he completely missed his 'good friend,' Coyles's first two or three signings

How did Nixon miss the 1st 3 signings?

Stokes and Graham? He said that Coyle was meeting them both.

Hendrie? Said to me, That this was a surprise cheap deal and we got it quick.

Coyle on Wes Brown and the bright future of Scott Wharton

http://m.lancashiretelegraph.co.uk/sport/14612367.Blackburn_Rovers_boss_planning_to_run_rule_over_Wes_Brown___and_tips_Scott_Wharton_for_bright_future/

I lost track of what Nixon was saying when he completely missed his 'good friend,' Coyles's first two or three signings.

He's probably saying we will sell Hanley if Newcastle offer silly money which is the most obvious thing in football.

Personally I'd try our best to keep Hanley and would rather let Duffy go. However I'm coming from a point of view of winning football games and not covering the owners losses.

Not long ago Lambert and Nixon were best pals despite Nicko missing the boat on several Lambert goings on. When Coyle came and I said I can't see Irvine staying he then told me they were life long pals practically joined at the hip so it wouldn't be a problem.....

Now it's always Coyle & Nixon are good pals, as was the snake & Nicko and as he was with wee Dougie. It's codswallop as usual and although they may well know each other I wonder what binds all those lot together ?

And no it's not just Scotland.

Not long ago Lambert and Nixon were best pals despite Nicko missing the boat on several Lambert goings on. When Coyle came and I said I can't see Irvine staying he then told me they were life long pals practically joined at the hip so it wouldn't be a problem.....

Now it's always Coyle & Nixon are good pals, as was the snake & Nicko and as he was with wee Dougie. It's codswallop as usual and although they may well know each other I wonder what binds all those lot together ?

And no it's not just Scotland.

Not sure if Lambert and Nixon were pals but he knew for sure that Lambert was joining us after Bowyer was sacked.

On Coyle and Irvine? Didnt Irvine walk out on us for Norwich.

Coyle and Nixon has been good friends even before his Burnley manager days.

Owen Coyle's son on twitter has said that Nixon is the best journalist to follow for the Rovers gossip

I can kind of cope with the grass is always greener attitude - it's annoying but it's a view. What grates is the quasi-condescending tone where (when the mood takes) everyone should accept the greenness of the grass.

It's not about the grass being greener mate. It's about being able to compartmentalise different topics on the same issue. Most of us accept and agree wholeheartedly with the opinions on Venkys. Others don't and that's their opinion...but why do people constantly bleat on and on about their gripes with Venkys when actually, this thread is the transfer thread?

It's like being in a staff meeting and having 10 things on the agenda and someone constantly referring back to the coffee machine being broken. There's a time and a place for everything and I for one am only interested in who we are signing and who we are not...hence why I review the transfer thread...

So when the haters are next on here banging on about the coffee machine, err Venkys, don't be surprised if the rest of us ignore you or worse rise to you.

The truth is we probably all feel the same. We just Cba listening to it every. Single. Day.

Not sure if Lambert and Nixon were pals but he knew for sure that Lambert was joining us after Bowyer was sacked.

Owen Coyle's son on twitter has said that Nixon is the best journalist to follow for the Rovers gossip

According to Mani, Irvine was encouraged to find a job elsewhere by Coyle. I'm sure he'll be along soon to confirm that.

Gullible? for reporting what a journalist has said to me.

I keeping the thread on topic.

maybe try it instead of your insults

The Sunday sport once reported a red London bus on the moon , heck they even had pics .

What I'm getting at is it's obvious they all know each other but are not all joined at the hip best buddies. Nixon covers the North West clubs and Coyles managed most of em so they'll be well aquainted. The main connection of all things Nicko is a certain agency who's hymn sheet he's always sung from I'd say.

And NO Irvine didn't walk out on us so you don't need to spin that one to suit your argument.

And NO Irvine didn't walk out on us so you don't need to spin that one to suit your argument.

The BS is just getting worse!! Irvine now walked out on poor wittle Coyley? FFS.

Must be great to be able to believe everything Nicko says; be mindlessly optimistic; support everything in a Rovers badge; demonise and blame anyone that is cast aside compartmentalise. :wacko:

The BS is just getting worse!! Irvine now walked out on poor wittle Coyley? FFS.

Must be great to be able to believe everything Nicko says; be mindlessly optimistic; support everything in a Rovers badge; demonise and blame anyone that is cast aside compartmentalise. :wacko:

The absolute last thing he did was walk out as really he seemed to be keeping the seat warm for SS. He stuck around since the end of last season to help out when he probably could have just gone on holiday until he heard something like a lot In football would. Bloke deserves a bit of respect imo.

Now though he's walked out :blink: , spin at it's finest.

• Moderation Lead

Tell you what, it seems to have been conveniently forgotten just how many new players we actually need. It sounds alarmingly to me like we've over-promoted a few kids to plug the gaps.

Get a few injuries and we're knackered....

As for Irvine walking out on us, how about that leaked photo of Sandy Stewart as the new assistant manager before it was even announced? It's no doom and gloom, just a fact. Especially considering all the club said about 'the new manager working with the existing management team' basically being horse dung.

How did Nixon miss the 1st 3 signings?

Stokes and Graham? He said that Coyle was meeting them both.

Hendrie? Said to me, That this was a surprise cheap deal and we got it quick.

Coyle on Wes Brown and the bright future of Scott Wharton

http://m.lancashiretelegraph.co.uk/sport/14612367.Blackburn_Rovers_boss_planning_to_run_rule_over_Wes_Brown___and_tips_Scott_Wharton_for_bright_future/

I said two days ago Coyle would start praising Wharton to ease the departure of Hanley. It's getting easier and easier to predict what's going to happen at Ewood. Might get a job as a Journo.......

What I'm getting at is it's obvious they all know each other but are not all joined at the hip best buddies. Nixon covers the North West clubs and Coyles managed most of em so they'll be well aquainted. The main connection of all things Nicko is a certain agency who's hymn sheet he's always sung from I'd say.

How do you know this? What actually happened? I haven't seen anything but a 'mutual' parting of ways mentioned in the press.

How do you know this? What actually happened? I haven't seen anything but a 'mutual' parting of ways mentioned in the press.

Stewart was on a course so couldn't come until he did plus a resident sometimes ITK said Irve had been told to look for something else. Of course it doesn't mean he was being forced out by his so called pal but SS has come in as Assistant Manager so it would have meant a step backwards if he'd stayed possibly.

Point is he didn't just walk out.

Archived