BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Summer Transfer/discussion Thread

It's not about the grass being greener mate. It's about being able to compartmentalise different topics on the same issue. Most of us accept and agree wholeheartedly with the opinions on Venkys. Others don't and that's their opinion...but why do people constantly bleat on and on about their gripes with Venkys when actually, this thread is the transfer thread?

It's like being in a staff meeting and having 10 things on the agenda and someone constantly referring back to the coffee machine being broken. There's a time and a place for everything and I for one am only interested in who we are signing and who we are not...hence why I review the transfer thread...

So when the haters are next on here banging on about the coffee machine, err Venkys, don't be surprised if the rest of us ignore you or worse rise to you.

The truth is we probably all feel the same. We just Cba listening to it every. Single. Day.

. Yep you've got it spot on,there is a certain place to vent Venky views and transfer thread is not the place.....

• Replies 4.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Not a bad list of positions to get there. Of course getting them, or getting good players in those positions is another matter.

I'm not happy with Hanley leaving as we have to retain some of last season's squad since it is so threadbare, and he is one of the better players. It is impossible to build anything when we sell a player and buy worse as has happened many times.

From Sky Sports reporter Keith Downie on Twitter

Expecting Newcastle to go back in with another bid for Grant Hanley this week. Blackburn looking for £5.7m (rising to £6m) for the defender.

Coyle this morning said at the Q and A session that he is after a Goalkeeper, Left back and Pacey striker

£6m still seems cheap to me. Keane at Bonleh is going for £15m and Hanley has played a lot more games in the Prem than him. Don't think there's a great deal of difference ability wise either.

Marshall contract would be brilliant.

Hopefully Coyle isn't looking a goalkeeper just for back up. We need a new number one and let Raya go on loan. Wonder if Hanley fee would see Watt coming back?

£6m still seems cheap to me. Keane at Bonleh is going for £15m and Hanley has played a lot more games in the Prem than him. Don't think there's a great deal of difference ability wise either.

Keane is already at PL club. It's a difference like it or not. Hanley's value is more correct than Keane's.

1. I have address these points many times. They have done wrong in their times. PM me I will give you them all

2. Nobody has defend these. All I have done is say we were in the embargo last summer and that we couldn't have done cash buys

1. In that case why do you give them the benefit of the doubt so often given their past history?

2 All? In the past few days you have across a number of threads suggested that:

- Irvine left of his own choice, nothing suspicious

- No manager could fulfill the managerial criteria search (ergo nothing suspicious about Coyle getting the job)

- The money from Rhodes was spent on Graham et al last window

- SEM have ceased to exist (ergo there's nothing to worry about about Coyle getting the job regardless of past links)

- We don't know the full circumstances of Coyle's appointment therefore can't say it was dodgy

- We couldn't spend the money because of the transfer embargo - I grant you that one is true, but they put us in it, and remembering that they prevented us from reinvesting by getting us in the embargo gives a more rounded picture.

I'm sorry Chaddy - this probably seems like stalking/bullying which totally isn't my intention. However I do get a bit frustrated with the regular defense of Venkys coupled with the "what have I said"/"keep on topic" responses when politely pointed out with evidence that Venkys are not all that. I appreciate all the links and updates, but some of the excuses for Venkys are so clearly inaccurate/improbable that I feel they need challenging. We cannot allow Venkys to get off the hook/excuse what they are doing.

As for transfers - it's all contingent on the owners' "plan"

I don't follow him around. I have him on ignore. And still his all is well in the garden of rovers annoys me. Will people stop quoting him. Just start your post with his name then I'll know you are replying to something he's posted and I don't need to read it

Don't really get the level of antipathy you have towards Chaddy. Yes he's perpetually happy/positive but is that worse than the perpetually down-beat, negative soul-suckers??

Don't really get the level of antipathy you have towards Chaddy. Yes he's perpetually happy/positive but is that worse than the perpetually down-beat, negative soul-suckers??

The perpetually down-beat negative soul-suckers (and I guess I fall into that category) is caused by one thing only - Venkys.

I know for myself, and I bet many others, that they had a much more optimistic and balanced posting style pre-Venkys. But 5 years of crap wears you down and brings you to this. Blimey there's been a lot of rubbish before, Ince, Kidd, Hartford, and that's just while I've supported them, but Venkys have taken it to a whole new level. They are a black hole for anything positive about the club.

YOU believe ? Ha then you say the two hacks believe .

If coyle punched you on the nose you would still twist it as good

You really are like the worst kind of play-ground bully. Leave him alone and get on a thread that better meets your needs.

Still not seen one single post from you where you suggest a potential useful new signing. We know you hate Venky's, you remind us of this fact interminably day in day out.

You are beyond tedious..

Worries me this Scott Wharton thing. I'm delighted he's doing well as I know his great uncle and he was telling me barely a year ago How excited they were that he was signing his full contract with Rovers. But you see that's what worries me as it would seem he could, only too quickly, be catapulted into the first team at a championship club

I understand where you're coming from but sometimes these youngsters need to be let off the leash. I do believe that ultimately, if you're good enough you're old enough.

Having said that I've never seen Wharton play so I haven't a clue if he's even close to being ready.

From Sky Sports reporter Keith Downie on Twitter

Expecting Newcastle to go back in with another bid for Grant Hanley this week. Blackburn looking for £5.7m (rising to £6m) for the defender.

Coyle this morning said at the Q and A session that he is after a Goalkeeper, Left back and Pacey striker

Maybe he knows of a keeper he can bring on a free then get a fee for Steele, won't be much but it could be a way of strengthening that area without needing much finance.

The perpetually down-beat negative soul-suckers (and I guess I fall into that category) is caused by one thing only - Venkys.

I know for myself, and I bet many others, that they had a much more optimistic and balanced posting style pre-Venkys. But 5 years of crap wears you down and brings you to this. Blimey there's been a lot of rubbish before, Ince, Kidd, Hartford, and that's just while I've supported them, but Venkys have taken it to a whole new level. They are a black hole for anything positive about the club.

I don't see you as a fully fledged member of the soul-sucking club just yet. It takes a certain kind to attain that status.

There's hope for you yet... ;)

No, it's not. You can't divorce our transfer dealings (or lack thereof) from the owners. Everything comes back to them.

It's a matter of opinion. Personally I don't think it's a "top" post but I can see why other posters would.

If you went to a staff meeting and after the first three meetings the coffee machine remained broken and NOTHING was being done to address the concerns, NOBODY was listening, and the management were continuing to talk about drinking coffee as though the thing wasn't broken then people would become very frustrated (but maybe healthier). They would have a low opinion of the management though and feel they aren't being taken seriously. That kind of attitude permeating through the entire list and half a dozen similar issues were being ignored then you have a real problem, not least with morale.

All that said, what has happened, and continues to happen, is nothing like a broken coffee machine. In fact, black smoking is billowing from behind an office door and nobody is listening to those worrying about the fire. "Stop complaining FFS, if you don't like it the you can leave but I'm not quitter *cough*".

how long can we carry on selling our best players and replacing them with loans. There does come a point ( we are near it now) where we have no more good players to sell, what happens then.

Has for this season with ref to buying, looks like its loan loan loan, what a long way we have come down where we were just 5 years ago. I do not want rovers to go down, I get enough stick around here from burnley fans as it is.

However if it meant we were free from our owners and we could rebuild with owners that cared for rovers them so be it

You really are like the worst kind of play-ground bully. Leave him alone and get on a thread that better meets your needs.....you are not a mod !! shut up

Still not seen one single post from you where you suggest a potential useful new signing. We know you hate Venky's, you remind us of this fact interminably day in day out.

You are beyond tedious.. venkysout

you are beyond boring ..deal with it..as for signings what does it matter as long as the pillage continues

#venkysout

No, it's not. You can't divorce our transfer dealings (or lack thereof) from the owners. Everything comes back to them.

It's not about divorcing the issue. It's about some people not wishing to spend their life wound up and bitter about Venkys. It's about people deciding that they just want to see who their team is signing and logging onto the 'transfer thread' to do so.

Some of us enjoy living happy lives and have no desire to constantly dredge up Venkys.

It's not about divorcing the issue. It's about some people not wishing to spend their life wound up and bitter about Venkys. It's about people deciding that they just want to see who their team is signing and logging onto the 'transfer thread' to do so.

Some of us enjoy living happy lives and have no desire to constantly dredge up Venkys.

Don't think many people would have the desire to dredge up Venky's, particularly if they were at the bottom of a very deep lake :)

ostrichwheadinsand.gif

Dredge up? They are intrinsic on everything that is Rovers these days. Every poor player brought in on a free, every player of any value sold, every penny not being reused, every season the debt goes up, every decision shrouded in suspicion, the whiff of the agents who took us out of the PL still stinking the place out. We are not watching a football club, we are watching a business vehicle helping the Venkys empire.

The only reprieve from it is the match day 'experience', which in recent times at Ewood has been lousy.

If you don't like discussion, complaints even, about the situation, I suggest that you leave the mb alone. Because everyone has the same right to either vent their spleen or shut their eyes and clap along - as we keep being told. You complaining about the dissenters is no different to mean complaining about the naive and ignorant.

All together now #if you don't like it, scroll past and ignore it# - works both ways.

how long can we carry on selling our best players and replacing them with loans. There does come a point ( we are near it now) where we have no more good players to sell, what happens then.

Has for this season with ref to buying, looks like its loan loan loan, what a long way we have come down where we were just 5 years ago. I do not want rovers to go down, I get enough stick around here from burnley fans as it is.

However if it meant we were free from our owners and we could rebuild with owners that cared for rovers them so be it

The day is fast approaching des so I'm sure we'll find out.

We'll probably just carry on declining until we hit rock bottom, Venkys will then come out and say the they're fully committed to the club and on we go.

I just hope these predicted sales, if they go through will see them off, but you never know with this lot, mad as a box of frogs.

Dredge up? They are intrinsic on everything that is Rovers these days. Every poor player brought in on a free, every player of any value sold, every penny not being reused, every season the debt goes up, every decision shrouded in suspicion, the whiff of the agents who took us out of the PL still stinking the place out. We are not watching a football club, we are watching a business vehicle helping the Venkys empire.

The only reprieve from it is the match day 'experience', which in recent times at Ewood has been lousy.

If you don't like discussion, complaints even, about the situation, I suggest that you leave the mb alone. Because everyone has the same right to either vent their spleen or shut their eyes and clap along - as we keep being told. You complaining about the dissenters is no different to mean complaining about the naive and ignorant.

All together now #if you don't like it, scroll past and ignore it# - works both ways.

Makes me laugh when people post about transfers/players etc and there are no replies yet when it goes onto Venkys and ownership as it always will because the two are linked you get loads jumping in complaining.

How about they make some kind of effing contribution then ?

Why did you add the last line?

It's just a dig, like your buddy chaddy and the others you cannot resist a dig. Respect others views, it's the transfer thread and Venkys write the cheques as small as they may be and therefore, when we find ourselves shopping in the bargain basement they are bound to be mentioned.

Ignore it if you don't like it, really f'n easy to do according to you and the chaddy mafia!!!!

Which is exactly what I've been asking Abbey to do. Move along, leave the likes of Chaddy alone, but he just can't.

That man has a sad and unhealthy obsession with Chaddy. Someone more abrasive than me might suggest there was some homoeroticism going on but I of course wouldn't suggest anything of the sort.

The point is that the rest of us 'Rovers Fans' aren't constantly 'venting' our happiness at clapping mate. The rest of of us are happy to discuss transfers on the transfer thread!

You're right to vent is fine...but please stop getting upset every time we don't all join in with your constant whining.

Archived