BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Summer Transfer/discussion Thread

• Replies 4.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

There is still a lots of rubbish being spouted on here where transfers/selling of players in concerned.

BRFC are a selling club, that is how the club has to cut its cloth and so if a bigger club comes calling for one of our players, Venkys will do the deal but only when it suits them. NUFC if they want him will have to pay the going rate it is as simple as that. We as fans have to get over it, we are a selling club and not a club awash with riches of the past.

There are players out there who will improve BRFC if GH goes to Newcastle.

Its a sign of the current times, get on with it and move on.

NEXT.....

We've always been a selling club apart from a period of around 3 or 4 years in the mid 90's and even then the lure of the 'bigger' clubs was always a genuine threat.

Selling players and the Venky issue are two separate things for me. Sometimes in business it makes sense to sell, I'm not sure if that is the case with Hanley but if you'd have asked me should we sell at this time last year it would have been a resounding yes.

So, you're harping back to 2013/14 to "prove" Venky's have reinvested? The total of those players from the "in" section is under £1mill spent. You've conveniently forgotten the likes of Dann, Kalinic and Jones who were sold for a total exceeding £25mill... NEXT...

Creating statements i never made. I never once said that Venky's revinvested what they sold. What i did say is this theory that Venky's are trying to asset strip the club is complete rumours and fake statements from fans due to the lack of communication from our owners. I am not a Venky's supporter nor have I ever claim to be. Am I aware they have put money in? Yes I am, people tend to just look at the Transfers In and Transfer Out amount when never remembering the details of having to pay off 4 managers in one season, having to pay off endless players contract who were terrible, having to deal with less parachute payments, are you that blinded by your hatred towards one entity that you forget our recent history as to what has happened with our finances?

And if Venkys spent 30M in the transfer window they d be accused of spunking money needed to pay off our debts ..

Were we not in a transfer embargo until recently ??

And whose fault was it we were embargoed ?

Selling the club's main asset, captain and player of the year?

Shows how far we've come that it hardly registers anymore. Downwards we go.

In fairness, it seems as if we've always sold our Player of the Year. It's the kiss of death in relation to a player continuing with the club.

And if Venkys spent 30M in the transfer window they d be accused of spunking money needed to pay off our debts ..

£30m is a bit of a hike from bupkis.

Did you actually have a point to make?

We've always been a selling club apart from a period of around 3 or 4 years in the mid 90's and even then the lure of the 'bigger' clubs was always a genuine threat.

Selling players and the Venky issue are two separate things for me. Sometimes in business it makes sense to sell, I'm not sure if that is the case with Hanley but if you'd have asked me should we sell at this time last year it would have been a resounding yes.

Cairney to Fulham out from under everyone's feet including seemingly his own flies in the face of the bigger club line, similar with Derby & Olsson with them being a Champ club. If similar bids flagged up for the likes of Marshall or Evans from similar clubs you'd have to presume they'd have been flogged as well.

As for always a selling club in my time going back pre JW I can only really remember selling Barker then Hendry for big money several years apart. Both took the step up to top flight clubs not any old club who came up with a bid and that was when we genuinely where potless. The club also went out of it's way to try and look after other important players and like I said previously under these lot Garner, Sellars and every other decent one would have been cashed.

Any clubs good players are open to being poached by bigger clubs that's just football but us under Venkys is unique. If Hanley goes we are looking at about 70 MILLION quids worth of sales under them in less than 5 years. We are a selling club alright but nothing like we once were at all.

Sell to survive and sell for any decent offer are very different scenarios.

£30m is a bit of a hike from bupkis.

Did you actually have a point to make?

The point is Amarillo people would be up in arms whether we did spend 30M or fck all..

Well if the general feeling on here is that we wont be signing anyone else ,may as well shut this thread down.

Already 183 pages been trawled through ...for five? signings wtf.

If they'd given £30m to Lambert we'd probably have been in the premiership next season, that would have paid off all the debts and then some.

Instead they'll run up another 10/15m in running costs and we'll possibly be in league 1.

If it doesn't make any sense its probably dodgy.

There is still a lots of rubbish being spouted on here where transfers/selling of players in concerned.

BRFC are a selling club, that is how the club has to cut its cloth and so if a bigger club comes calling for one of our players, Venkys will do the deal but only when it suits them. NUFC if they want him will have to pay the going rate it is as simple as that. We as fans have to get over it, we are a selling club and not a club awash with riches of the past.

There are players out there who will improve BRFC if GH goes to Newcastle.

Its a sign of the current times, get on with it and move on.

NEXT.....

obviously there are.

but we wont be getting them

The point is Amarillo people would be up in arms whether we did spend 30M or fck all..

Well if the general feeling on here is that we wont be signing anyone else ,may as well shut this thread down.

Already 183 pages been trawled through ...for five? signings wtf.

Most level-headed fans would've accepted a portion of the Rhodes money reinvested under Lambert's auspices.

Lambert saw the writing on the wall and knew the owners had no intention of getting promoted next season. Someone like Coyle, however, is just grateful for the work and has no qualms with bullshitting the supporters.

Struggling with the link but this is from today's Northern Echo:-

Blackburn are adamant they will not accept less than £6m for Hanley, a 24-year-old Scotland international who joined Rovers academy at the age of 16, and are also pushing for a series of clauses that would see the final transfer fee rise even higher in the event of Newcastle winning promotion next season.

What a compkete lack of ambition from Blackburn Rovers football club when they contemplate selling their young skipper to a league rival.

Most level-headed fans would've accepted a portion of the Rhodes money reinvested under Lambert's auspices.

Lambert saw the writing on the wall and knew the owners had no intention of getting promoted next season. Someone like Coyle, however, is just grateful for the work and has no qualms with bullshitting the supporters.

How much does Owen Coyle receive personally in bonuses from selling players ?

If they'd given £30m to Lambert we'd probably have been in the premiership next season, that would have paid off all the debts and then some.

Instead they'll run up another 10/15m in running costs and we'll possibly be in league 1.

Some fans live in Cuckoo Cuckoo by that logic, Rotherham should throw 30m at it as by spending that they are guaranteed to get to the EPL. This endless debate as to whether cash helps in the championship isn't always true. If it was that simple everyone would be doing it. 30m would be useful with the right team and structure, and management in place. In this day an age throwing 30M at our club is pure stupidity.

First of all,once again, stop telling me what I can and cannot say. If you cannot see how that post could lead to my comment then it's you who does not know the meaning of the term "Stockholm Syndrome".

That post, and there has been plenty others over the years,said basically if we are too mean to Venkys then they will pull out and stop funding us.

Prisoners-----captors-------prisoners too frightened to escape-----start to identify with them positively.

Now do you follow? 90+ posts and you want to run the place.

My amount of posts has nothing to do with it. You dwarf most in posts but yet the substance to yours is next to none. Posting drivel like you do, calling anyone and everyone an idiot or a troll, will up your post limit.

Nowhere in that post did it say to stop being mean to Venky's. What it did say was that the academy needs to start producing results to match the investment. That would be the same whether it was Venky's or Bill Gates that owned us. Every business person wants a return on their investment, if they don't then they will pull their cash. That doesn't mean I'm identifying with them positively, that's being a realist.

As said in the past, you have lost all rationality and from here on all you can do is blurt out nonsense that criticises anyone that has anything else to say other than "VENKY'S OUT!!". Either that or you are just a clinical moron - one or the other.

In future though you should take 5 minutes to try and understand the meaning of the post before berating it. That way you will stop looking like a complete idiot all the time.

Some fans live in Cuckoo Cuckoo by that logic, Rotherham should throw 30m at it as by spending that they are guaranteed to get to the EPL. This endless debate as to whether cash helps in the championship isn't always true. If it was that simple everyone would be doing it. 30m would be useful with the right team and structure, and management in place. In this day an age throwing 30M at our club is pure stupidity.

I agree, but is selling our best players and replacing with frees and loans a sensible business model? A club like ours, with Premier League infrastructure, simply cannot cut our cloth as a Championship side. It is not feasible. There is millions in debt being held against the club and, despite the sales of our best players, it ain't going away anytime soon. If Venky's are not willing to invest even a few million then what's the point? What's in it for them? We are just gonna rack up more and more debt each year and the situation becomes even more perilous as the playing staff is reduced in quality = more chance of falling out of this league.

The only way out of this mess is promotion. Won't happen whilst those shysters remain.

So if we are to be a never-ending sausge factory, churning out players for everybody else, what is the left to believe in? What's the point from a supporter's point of view?

PB might argue that this is how it's always been, but it isn't.

Excellent point.

A football club without any ambition just becomes a spectator sport, a pastime, and a form of entertainment - much like going to the cinema, or watching the MLS. It becomes pointless and ultimately a take-it-or-leave-it experience.

Two issues, in our circumstances:

First, there is no competition. Football is tribal and we cannot - barring a non-league option - realistically go elsewhere (and nor should we want to). Football is, by its very nature, tribal and is as much about local pride and identity as it is about football. The alternative is to do something else for entertainment that watch football.

Secondly, if we are not competitive then we will be relegated. This will result in an even poorer quality product, making the experience even less enjoyable.

Venkys' business model, on the face of it, seems to treat all football fans as customers - and not just home fans. If we don't have enough of those then the fix is to try to accommodate away fans.

Bridges have been burnt and all that is left is a huge chasm between them and us. Watch the football, buy a shirt, and a pie, and go home. Or don't. We don't care either way. More important is that we don't sell the club until we can save face (within our own business circles, in our own culture, in our own country - we don't care about the fans).

Every club does throw money at it. FFP is dead in all but name.

In the majority of leagues you will find the teams who have spent money near the top and those that haven't near the bottom.

In this day and age? We are living in the first year of the biggest tv deal in history. Troy Deeney is now worth more than our club and some are applauding our astute signing of Feeney on a free.

In all fairness Gav I not sure how you can extrapolate that given his distinctly underwhelming results for us last season.

In all fairness Gav I not sure how you can extrapolate that given his distinctly underwhelming results for us last season.

That's what some people seem to be missing. Lambert's results on the pitch didn't warrant the money he may have demanded. It wasn't even as if it was a good style of play and unlucky results - the football was terrible.

Archived