BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Championship 2016/17 Season

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My Ipswich mate just told me that apparently Mick McCarthy has said Leon Best will not be considered for another game this season.

Something to do with a reaction to being subbed against Lincoln.

McCarthy also said Leon Best will not feature for his team again this season.

Former Rotherham and Coventry forward Best has played 12 times for Ipswich since joining on a one-year deal in August, but failed to score

BBC Football

My Ipswich mate just told me that apparently Mick McCarthy has said Leon Best will not be considered for another game this season.

But he will still get paid. Why clubs still take this useless chancer on baffles me.

Barnsley have sold their best 3 players this transfer window.

Lets see if they spend £0 on replacements and blame it on FFP rules or whether they actually have some ambition and sign some decent new players. I know which i reckon it will be.

Forest have asked Burton for permission to speak to Nigel Clough.

Would be a surprise if he joined Forest in their current shambolic state but could be another nail in Burton's coffin if he leaves at this stage.

Lets see if they spend £0 on replacements and blame it on FFP rules or whether they actually have some ambition and sign some decent new players. I know which i reckon it will be.

looking to sign Mowatt from Leeds permanent and they have signed James on loan from Leicester

looking to sign Mowatt from Leeds permanent and they have signed James on loan from Leicester

Strange. I thought us little clubs had to sell sell sell and pocket the money because of FFP rules. After all, Venkys would happily spend millions on new players and keep all our best players if it wasn't for these strict new rules which make it impossible.

Looks like Cheston's slideshow telling us how we 'can't compete' wasn't entirely accurate.....

Another player who will be assessed ahead of Wednesday night's match against Leeds United is Liam Feeney.
The Rovers winger missed Saturday's victory after sustaining a broken nose in training.

I wonder who hit him?

Hopefully the door on his way out

• Backroom

Burton won 2-1 today

Norwich beat Birmingham 2-nil.

Zola still hasnt won a game yet. Surely their owners must be regret sacking Rowett. They were 7th in the league. Now mid table.

You do wonder how new owners can put so much money into something like buying a football club and then get such horrific advice.

What reasoning was used to suggest Zola would do a better job than Rowett? Granted, he has a bigger profile than Rowett, but if you want somebody with a big profile to advertise your team make them a @#/? ambassador or some other bullshit title. Pretty much every person with any small amount of football knowledge would have known sacking Rowett and replacing him with Zola was a stupid decision. If only our owners weren't also in the criminally stupid and/or dodgy bracket, we might have massively profited from Big Club's loss.

Another player who will be assessed ahead of Wednesday night's match against Leeds United is Liam Feeney.
The Rovers winger missed Saturday's victory after sustaining a broken nose in training.

I wonder who hit him?

His professional moves in football have been succession of frequent shortish term stays. Here is hoping this is another but it stinks to high heaven, still all about the percentages/commissions.

2005–2007 Hayes 46 (8) 2007–2009 Salisbury City 65 (12) 2008Southend United (loan) 1 (0) 2009–2011 Bournemouth 109 (12) 2011–2014 Millwall 73 (5) 2013Bolton Wanderers (loan) 4 (0) 2014Blackburn Rovers (loan) 6 (0) 2014–2016 Bolton Wanderers 78 (8) 2016Ipswich Town (loan) 7 (0) 2016– Blackburn Rovers

Just now, Athlete said:

Currently there points adrift of Bristol city and Burton.. A must win game tomorrow evening for sure 

And an inferior goal difference. Only a win by three clear goals tomorrow could take us out of the relegation places.

Archived