BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Championship 2016/17 Season

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, arbitro said:

And an inferior goal difference. Only a win by three clear goals tomorrow could take us out of the relegation places.

The path to survival is narrowing with every game.  I think we need at least seven wins, possibly eight from our remaining games.  So far we have won 6 out of 27 so the chances of surviving I think are virtually nil.  Whenever Venky's go we are going to be rebuilding in League One at best - exactly where we sat forty-odd years ago.

Just now, Parsonblue said:

Whenever Venky's go we are going to be rebuilding in League One at best - exactly where we sat forty-odd years ago.

Great isn't it Mike...never seen Rovers play at that level...can't wait!

They will probably shut the Darwen End as well as the Riverside,let the good times roll.

Just now, SIMON GARNERS 194 said:

They will probably shut the Darwen End as well as the Riverside,let the good times roll.

I think like most on here I would happily rebuild at that level if they opted to leave.  Sadly, I don't think they will.  I honestly believe that they will be here for some time to come no matter what happens in Blackburn.  If money was a concern to them they would have left long ago. 

Just now, Parsonblue said:

The path to survival is narrowing with every game.  I think we need at least seven wins, possibly eight from our remaining games.  So far we have won 6 out of 27 so the chances of surviving I think are virtually nil.  Whenever Venky's go we are going to be rebuilding in League One at best - exactly where we sat forty-odd years ago.

Afraid so, Parson. The writing has been on the wall since before a ball was kicked this season but as you say, the chances of staying up now are just that, virtually nil. It would defy logic as we're needing to put a run of wins together which Coyle is simply not capable of doing, and more chillingly, our 'owners' probably don't want us to do in any event.

Just now, SIMON GARNERS 194 said:

Any chance of playing some games at Pleasington?

7 hours ago, Parsonblue said:

I think like most on here I would happily rebuild at that level if they opted to leave.  Sadly, I don't think they will.  I honestly believe that they will be here for some time to come no matter what happens in Blackburn.  If money was a concern to them they would have left long ago. 

The difference now is that there is no-one left to sell so they will have to fully cover the losses. FFP says that can't be loaned so they will have to find cash. They may be rich but I can't see that this has benefitted Rovers in any way over the last 6 years (aside from once, with Rhodes but even then they got their money back).

Even if they get round it by taking out a loan on Venkys property, they are still sinking more assets into this, and that's assuming they are still able to get loans. Surely this cannot continue indefinitely...

• Backroom

Not going so well for Mick or our old friend Jonathan Douglas...

McCarthy said:

“It’s not as particularly pleasant place for me to be at the moment. Let’s not make any bones about that. Do you think I enjoy turning that sort of performance out and getting beaten? The last thing I need is all the abuse I get.

“It’s not particularly nice for me, so I will consider what I want to do.

“I can’t just decide I want to walk away and go somewhere else, but I’ll have a chat with (owner) Marcus (Evans) at the end of the year, of course.”

Later, when asked about the future of midfielder Jonathan Douglas, he quipped: “Well his contract is up in the summer and he’s probably the one who is slightly less liked in the club than I am at the moment. It’s toss up who will go first, me or him.”

• Backroom

McCarthy would have been an excellent choice of manager, which instantly ruled him out of the running.

Btw, nobody on here will be surprised to know our favourite former gangster Leon Best has alienated Ipswich to the point where McCarthy has said he'll never play for them again.

Sound familiar?

Just now, J*B said:

Neil Warnock speaking complete sense in a 'heres what you could have won!' article for Venkys.

Oh I don't know, he is asking for 5 million to launch a promotion campaign from the championship, Mrs Desai (or her southern spiv script writer)  that bastian of knowledge on world football has previously said 5 million transfer window plus  loanees will get you into the top 6 in the Premier League and into Europe.

No wonder he was overlooked when the standout candidate was decided on

8 minutes ago, J*B said:

Neil Warnock speaking complete sense in a 'heres what you could have won!' article for Venkys.

Do you believe that if Cardiff spend 5 million on players in the summer they will be promotion candidates next season. I personally don't

Just now, rigger said:

Do you believe that if Cardiff spend 5 million on players in the summer they will be promotion candidates next season. I personally don't

I believe if anyone can get that shower of shite promoted with just 5 million its Warnock.

15 minutes ago, J*B said:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/38885735

All the things we are not.

Sorting out a sensible budget in February for the summer.

He already knows who he wants to keep and who he'll be letting go.

Targeting players for the required positions now with a view to getting them done as soon as possible to get them settled in.

Aiming for promotion even with a relatively small budget.

A budget that almost every club in this league could afford without breaking FFP rules.

Compare to this circus.

If Warnock had come here now is about the time he'd be throwing in the towel, if he hadn't done already. He expects support from above and things sorting out in advance, at Ewood the phone to India is off the hook and we've got Paul Senior with his A list and B list trying to add value by signing loans.

32 minutes ago, JHRover said:

All the things we are not.

Sorting out a sensible budget in February for the summer.

He already knows who he wants to keep and who he'll be letting go.

Targeting players for the required positions now with a view to getting them done as soon as possible to get them settled in.

Aiming for promotion even with a relatively small budget.

A budget that almost every club in this league could afford without breaking FFP rules.

Compare to this circus.

If Warnock had come here now is about the time he'd be throwing in the towel, if he hadn't done already. He expects support from above and things sorting out in advance, at Ewood the phone to India is off the hook and we've got Paul Senior with his A list and B list trying to add value by signing loans.

And that JH was the reason that Warnock was the man to get before the season started 

Archived