SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Championship 2016/17 Season

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, Tom said:

Not just us with these types, bigger picture remains unseen 

If it's as it looks she is a complete baffoon. I just cannot fathom how anyone can be of this mindset - their situation is worse than ours!

49 minutes ago, Tom said:

Not just us with these types, bigger picture remains unseen 

each person has their own opinion. not everyone is the same

45 minutes ago, J*B said:

If it's as it looks she is a complete baffoon. I just cannot fathom how anyone can be of this mindset - their situation is worse than ours!

not everyone has to agree with your mindset about everything. that's the biggest problem either side of the debate.

People should do what they want and what best for them

Just now, chaddyrovers said:

each person has their own opinion. not everyone is the same

not everyone has to agree with your mindset about everything. that's the biggest problem either side of the debate.

People should do what they want and what best for them

No chaddy, this is the biggest problem.

It is absolutely NOT about each fan "doing what they want" and "what is best for themselves". It is about fans jointly doing what is best for the club. If everyone thought like you the people who you are aping there would not be a 'club' in the first place.

But, sadly, you will never understand this. Nor will the poor deluded woman in the stupid wig.

Just now, Stuart said:

It is absolutely NOT about each fan "doing what they want" and "what is best for themselves". It is about fans jointly doing what is best for the club. If everyone thought like you the people who you are aping there would not be a 'club' in the first place.

But, sadly, you will never understand this. Nor will the poor deluded woman in the stupid wig.

Which is?

Some fans will always, always just 'want to watch the game', they aren't interested in the 'off the field stuff'. Obviously just 'watching the game' won't be possible if/when Leyton Orient are liquidated, but there you go.

You won't ever get them to change their mind, so don't waste the energy and wage whatever campaign is necessary for the good of the club.

Just now, Stuart said:

Talking down to me as per usual cos you think you are better than me. 

People have made their choices but as per usual you cant accept them and find fault with anyone who disagree with the all mightly Mr.StuartImustalwaysberight.com. 

We had this debate/discussion last week and it does went nowhere. 

I have made my views clear. Now either accept my views or just dont bother me anymore. Very simple tbh

Just now, Stuart said:

Let's start with 15,000 fans marching from the town hall to the game, or even just leaving the ground on 75 minutes in a televised match.

Havent we coverage all of this before? Time after time. 

The majority of the fanbase have made their choice. 

Just now, Mattyblue said:

Some fans will always, always just 'want to watch the game', they aren't interested in the 'off the field stuff'. Obviously just 'watching the game' won't be possible if/when Leyton Orient are liquidated, but there you go.

You won't ever get them to change their mind, so don't waste the energy and wage whatever campaign is necessary for the good of the club.

Any campaign which attracts less than 10% of the fanbase isn't going to have any effect whatsoever - no matter what they do. Some folk would much rather have a campaign of looking down their noses and calling such people "not real fans" while mumbling about how crap the football is. More people have walked away than have taken part in all of the protests combined.

I get where you are coming from Matty. But dismissing the majority as not important to protests ignores the bigger picture.

As a majority, we have the owners we deserve.

Just now, Stuart said:

Let's start with 15,000 fans marching from the town hall to the game, or even just leaving the ground on 75 minutes in a televised match.

That's your problem right there. Not everyone thinks doing those things is what's 'best for the club'. 

Trying to impose your will on others is utterly futile. 

Talking down to me as per usual cos you think you are better than me. 

People have made their choices but as per usual you cant accept them and find fault with anyone who disagree with the all mightly Mr.StuartImustalwaysberight.com. 

We had this debate/discussion last week and it does went nowhere. 

I have made my views clear. Now either accept my views or just dont bother me anymore. Very simple tbh

Me saying you won't understand is not a personal dig, it's a fact. You do not understand. That doesn't make you an idiot, per se.

However, I have to say that you make far more personal digs at me than I do at you. "Mr Moan" and your ".com" comments are out of order. Conversely, you just take everything I say to you as a dig, however diplomatically worded.

But I have to call you out on "people have made their choice"? You do realise that one of the criticisms I have of you is how fickle you are and how often you change your mind, and then staunchly defend your new position. Maybe you can disappear off to Twitter to say what you really think?

Just now, blueboy3333 said:

That's your problem right there. Not everyone thinks doing those things is what's 'best for the club'. 

So how about you offer an alterative? Or perhaps we should just get behind Venkys?

Because it's one or the other. We either unite with them, or we unite against them - but unite we must.

I'll say it again, this is NOT about everyone doing what they think is right for them. That is the problem.

• Backroom

I don't even understand her point they were 3-0 down with less than 10 minutes to go, the fans on the pitch did the right thing for me

7 minutes ago, blueboy3333 said:

That's the crux of the matter isn't it.  Venky's don't seem to take any notice of anything that is thrown their way and the supporters who I go to games with see no alternative but to continue to support the club until the point comes when Venky's decide to leave - I think many believe that they will only leave when they chose rather than give in to any pressure from supporters.  I can understand the frustration that Stuart shows but many fans have opted to unite behind the players and the manager as yesterday showed.  All my friends have already bought season tickets for next season and will continue to travel to away games irrespective of the actions of the owners so in that respect there is some unity of purpose. 

Just now, Stuart said:

So how about you offer an alterative? Or perhaps we should just get behind Venkys?

Because it's one or the other. We either unite with them, or we unite against them - but unite we must.

I'll say it again, this is NOT about everyone doing what they think is right for them. That is the problem.

It's not one or the other. Many I know have walked away in disgust. They despise the Venky's but have absolutely no interest in marching/protesting. They see it as pointless. So does the ex-leader of BRAG, if I remember Glen Mullans post correctly from a few weeks ago.

And I didn't say it is about what's best for the individual. I said many don't see what your suggesting as being what's 'best for the club'.

An alternative? I've advocated a full boycott, but that's just my opinion. It won't happen so it's a waste of time discussing it. Not everyone thinks a full boycott is what's 'best for the club' you see. Another alternative? Hundreds turning up and doing a peaceful protest in at the club offices/ boardroom. Chain yourselves to the main entrance. Let the media know. Mega publicity. Make it last for days. Something original. I doubt enough people would risk their jobs etc but I bet it would get huge support. Bit like the 'election' idea. Fantastic if someone pulls that off. However will any of these ideas force a sale of our club? Probably not. I'm not even sure the EFL/Government can do that.

I share your frustration, believe me. Venky's have ruined OUR club. Sadly they will leave when they leave.

Just now, blueboy3333 said:

It's not one or the other. Many I know have walked away in disgust. They despise the Venky's but have absolutely no interest in marching/protesting. They see it as pointless. So does the ex-leader of BRAG, if I remember Glen Mullans post correctly from a few weeks ago.

And I didn't say it is about what's best for the individual. I said many don't see what your suggesting as being what's 'best for the club'.

An alternative? I've advocated a full boycott, but that's just my opinion. It won't happen so it's a waste of time discussing it. Not everyone thinks a full boycott is what's 'best for the club' you see. Another alternative? Hundreds turning up and doing a peaceful protest in at the club offices/ boardroom. Chain yourselves to the main entrance. Let the media know. Mega publicity. Make it last for days. Something original. I doubt enough people would risk their jobs etc but I bet it would get huge support. Bit like the 'election' idea. Fantastic if someone pulls that off. However will any of these ideas force a sale of our club? Probably not. I'm not even sure the EFL/Government can do that.

I share your frustration, believe me. Venky's have ruined OUR club. Sadly they will leave when they leave.

You and chaddy both responded to the same post - it was him that I was disagreeing with everyone doing only what is right for themselves.

The thing is, it is one or the other. Currently we are neither one thing nor they other. We either need everyone to get behind the team or to get behind publicising the anti-Venkys feelings among the fans. Chanting "We Want Venkys Out" if we are two-nil down against Brentford isn't enough. Right now we are caught between the two and it isn't doing us any good. I'll admit that I still go to games - largely because not going would be taking something away from my lads - but we take part in all of the protests - even if we are sneered at. And I'm not talking about the kind of faceless sneering on an anonymous messageboard but having to look people in the eye and make a sacrifice while the look at you like you are an idiot.

The thing is that the biggest problem is not you or I, it is apathy. It doesn't matter if we use your suggestions or mine, whichever we pick it needs a majority following. We have probably missed the boat. We needed people to join the protests when they were in motion, sadly most could simply not be bothered. A march from the town hall to watch the game was such a simple and effective tool to get the message out there about how many fans felt the same way about Venkys. Most didn't take up the offer. It's no good these people grumbling about Venkys at work or college or in the pub if they didn't let their feet do the talking. Too much has been made about the personalities involved in the protests and that has been used as an excuse. It should not have mattered if people liked the person with the message. If it was a message that they agreed with then they should have done their bit.

Given where we are now, it probably is too late. But that's not going to stop me responding when I don't agree with points raised on here. And secondly, if a second opportunity does arise, we need to be prepared to take it. As a majority and not a minority.

2 hours ago, Stuart said:

Me saying you won't understand is not a personal dig, it's a fact. You do not understand. That doesn't make you an idiot, per se.

However, I have to say that you make far more personal digs at me than I do at you. "Mr Moan" and your ".com" comments are out of order. Conversely, you just take everything I say to you as a dig, however diplomatically worded.

But I have to call you out on "people have made their choice"? You do realise that one of the criticisms I have of you is how fickle you are and how often you change your mind, and then staunchly defend your new position. Maybe you can disappear off to Twitter to say what you really think?

All my comments are very honest and truthfully. Nothing less

2 hours ago, Parsonblue said:

That's the crux of the matter isn't it.  Venky's don't seem to take any notice of anything that is thrown their way and the supporters who I go to games with see no alternative but to continue to support the club until the point comes when Venky's decide to leave - I think many believe that they will only leave when they chose rather than give in to any pressure from supporters.  I can understand the frustration that Stuart shows but many fans have opted to unite behind the players and the manager as yesterday showed.  All my friends have already bought season tickets for next season and will continue to travel to away games irrespective of the actions of the owners so in that respect there is some unity of purpose. 

I have been saying the same thing that Venkys will only leave when they decide for over 6 months. Protests and boycotts have gone on for 6 years and they are still here.

I have said my views on the 1875 protests and other things so I wont be keeping repeating myself as it

Fans have untie behind the Mowbray and the players. Fans were chanting Tony Mowbray's Blue and White Army.

1 hour ago, Stuart said:

You and chaddy both responded to the same post - it was him that I was disagreeing with everyone doing only what is right for themselves.

The thing is, it is one or the other. Currently we are neither one thing nor they other. We either need everyone to get behind the team or to get behind publicising the anti-Venkys feelings among the fans. Chanting "We Want Venkys Out" if we are two-nil down against Brentford isn't enough. Right now we are caught between the two and it isn't doing us any good. I'll admit that I still go to games - largely because not going would be taking something away from my lads - but we take part in all of the protests - even if we are sneered at. And I'm not talking about the kind of faceless sneering on an anonymous messageboard but having to look people in the eye and make a sacrifice while the look at you like you are an idiot.

The thing is that the biggest problem is not you or I, it is apathy. It doesn't matter if we use your suggestions or mine, whichever we pick it needs a majority following. We have probably missed the boat. We needed people to join the protests when they were in motion, sadly most could simply not be bothered. A march from the town hall to watch the game was such a simple and effective tool to get the message out there about how many fans felt the same way about Venkys. Most didn't take up the offer. It's no good these people grumbling about Venkys at work or college or in the pub if they didn't let their feet do the talking. Too much has been made about the personalities involved in the protests and that has been used as an excuse. It should not have mattered if people liked the person with the message. If it was a message that they agreed with then they should have done their bit.

Given where we are now, it probably is too late. But that's not going to stop me responding when I don't agree with points raised on here. And secondly, if a second opportunity does arise, we need to be prepared to take it. As a majority and not a minority.

Have you spoke to Majority of the Fans and other season ticket holders? have you gained their feeling about boycotting and protesting?

When I have seen people protesting, I haven't sneered at them or anything(never would either). Its their choice and that shouldn't be disrespectful.

In the past few weeks, Glen Mullan, Wayne Wild and Glenn P(I think) have all said that protesting and Boycotting wont force Venkys out and we have to wait until they leave.

The only logical conclusion is it must actually be me that's nuts. I don't get it - how can you be happy to just keep paying, turning up but not relating to them at all and hating everything they have done? How aren't you angry? I can't contemplate it, I can't understand it. Please try and help me understand - I am being sincere here. 

In the past few weeks, Glen Mullan, Wayne Wild and Glenn P(I think) have all said that protesting and Boycotting wont force Venkys out and we have to wait until they leave.

I've not read them saying that but then I don't Twitter very often. Perhaps they can elaborate.

The fact is that the protests won't work because not enough people will protest.

3 hours ago, Stuart said:

'Wig' ? That is her real hair.

17 minutes ago, Stuart said:

I've not read them saying that but then I don't Twitter very often. Perhaps they can elaborate.

The fact is that the protests won't work because not enough people will protest.

Glen Mullan's comments were made here

https://www.brfcs.com/mb/index.php?/topic/32243-rovers-trust-the-next-stage/&page=2#comment-1753803

27 minutes ago, J*B said:

The only logical conclusion is it must actually be me that's nuts. I don't get it - how can you be happy to just keep paying, turning up but not relating to them at all and hating everything they have done? How aren't you angry? I can't contemplate it, I can't understand it. Please try and help me understand - I am being sincere here. 

I enjoyed yesterday game.

Yes this season has been disappointed and Coyle was a massive mistake but we knew this when he was appointed.

But I have been impressed by Mowbray since his appointment even tho I was disappointed when appointed. But with Mowbray in charge I think we will continue to improve

Yes I am angry by what Venkys have done but protesting and boycotting wont work as previously explained thoroughly and I not going back over it. simple as

But I will not be force out from supporting my club and attending games by Venkys. The people I go with and the people around me where I sit at Ewood Park speak to feel the same. But each person has their choice to make and it isn't a right or wrong but a personal choice.

I guess this wont satisfy you and you wont agree but you have your stance and I have mine.

Archived