BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Championship 2016/17 Season

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

Havent we coverage all of this before? Time after time. 

The majority of the fanbase have made their choice. 

The majority of fans have walked away and / or are boycotting actually. There's only a small percentage of the fanbase pre-Venkys that attend, say 9,000 compared to the 20 - 21,000 that used to attend regularly. So 9,000 as apposed to the 11 - 12,000 fans that no longer attend isn't a majority. I say attend rather than support as Ewood has been a morgue most games for the last few seasons, so there's very little getting behind the lads (FFS) that goes on.

58 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

I have been saying the same thing that Parson,Glenn or anyone else whose opinion I can take as my own, will only leave when they decide for over 6 months. Protests and boycotts have gone on for 6 years and they are still here.

I have avoided saying my views on 1875 protests and other things and hope noone looks back to check, so I wont be committing to an answer cause I can't keep track of what I'm saying from one form of social media from the other.

Fans have untie behind the Mowbray and the players. Fans were chanting Tony Mowbray's Blue and White Army, for a few seconds,then sitting silent and not particularly getting behind the lads (FFS).

Have you spoke to Majority of the Fans and other season ticket holders? have you gained their feeling about boycotting and protesting? Because apparently I have. So I know the majority of fans don't won't to boycott or protest. Otherwise my patronising statement is completely @#/? hypocritical..

When I have seen people protesting, I haven't sneered at them or anything(never would either). Its their choice and that shouldn't be disrespectful. But I'm going to covertly slag them off with my "it won't do anything / they'll go when they want to / so what's the point bullshit" I regularly copy / spout on here.

In the past few weeks, Glen Mullan, Wayne Wild and Glenn P(I think) have all said that protesting and Boycotting wont force Venkys out and we have to wait until they leave. So I'm going to adopt this as my opinion until a better one comes along, whether I agree with it or not. Cause that'll wind Stuart up and I can carry on inflicting the same arguments on the forum that I did when ABBEY was here and hope noone notices it was me causing them all along since he's not been on here for months...

Fixed your comments to be honest and truthful. Nothing less.

1 hour ago, J*B said:

The only logical conclusion is it must actually be me that's nuts. I don't get it - how can you be happy to just keep paying, turning up but not relating to them at all and hating everything they have done? How aren't you angry? I can't contemplate it, I can't understand it. Please try and help me understand - I am being sincere here. 

At the end of the day J*B it is still the same club that I started supporting fifty odd years ago.  It may be in the hands of owners who are clueless and who have destroyed much of what had been rebuilt from 1990 onwards, but to me, and the folk I go with, it is still the same club.  We still have the same emotional attachment.  I still get the same thrill of going to Ewood and supporting the team that I did when I was watching the likes of Duggie and Ronnie.  Of course the football is poor but, in fairness, I've seen worse at Ewood - anyone watching Frank Lord or Bryan Conlon or John O'Mara leading the attack will know what I mean.  A lot of the folk I sit with are older and have seen the club at the bottom of the Third Division in the past so I suppose the shock isn't as great compared with those who grew up during the Walker years and have no experience of just how tough things can get once you start to slide.  It probably is a generational thing and in fairness, if you don't protest when you are young you never will. 

Reidy, my views on the protests not forcing Venkys out as been on here for over 6 months but lets make stuff up. 

Never said I have spoken to the majority of the fanbase either but lets make stuff up to sort my argument tho. 

I said my views last Tuesday on protests and boycotting but lets keep going on about it cos it so much fun. :rolleyes:. We keep going full circle each and time. Its been done to death. If you want protest and boycott then do so but dont keep having a go at me for not.

Just now, chaddyrovers said:

Reidy, my views on the protests not forcing Venkys out as been on here for over 6 months but lets make stuff up. 

Never said I have spoken to the majority of the fanbase either but lets make stuff up to sort my argument tho. 

I said my views last Tuesday on protests and boycotting but lets keep going on about it cos it so much fun. :rolleyes:. We keep going full circle each and time. Its been done to death. If you want protest and boycott then do so but dont keep having a go at me for not.

No-one is more circular than you, except when you make 180 degree turns of course.

You said you were fed up and would be away for a while. But you've returned after a couple of days spouting all the same stuff in exactly the same words that you've used so many times before, all the time.demanding respect for your views.

Once again, a thread has turned into" all about you". Why didn't you keep your promise and shut up for a while?

• Backroom

A protest is what you make of it, I suppose. Personally been involved in every one that was done last season and a few that were done around 4/5 years ago.

If you're asking about 'noticeable' ones, I'd say the 18-75 and Blackpool protests were excellent! Crucially because coverage of those reached India.

We can keep trying although I'm pretty certain the more embarrassing episode for Venkys would have been Alan Shearer last month laying into them in front of every Indian media source.

My belief is that without the protests thus far, Shearer wouldn't have done that.

Whether they actually 'do anything', I don't know, but I'll keep trying. Just like I don't believe climate change is all it's cracked up to be, yet I'm happy to do my bit just in case it is.

Just now, Mike E said:

A protest is what you make of it, I suppose. Personally been involved in every one that was done last season and a few that were done around 4/5 years ago.

If you're asking about 'noticeable' ones, I'd say the 18-75 and Blackpool protests were excellent! Crucially because coverage of those reached India.

We can keep trying although I'm pretty certain the more embarrassing episode for Venkys would have been Alan Shearer last month laying into them in front of every Indian media source.

My belief is that without the protests thus far, Shearer wouldn't have done that.

Whether they actually 'do anything', I don't know, but I'll keep trying. Just like I don't believe climate change is all it's cracked up to be, yet I'm happy to do my bit just in case it is.

You only have to look at what happened after the protests.

Protests --> Shebby --> Kean gone

Protests --> Senior --> Coyle gone

Things take a long time with Venkys but it's entirely possible that the protests have actually had an effect. It's just so slow, it's hard to be sure.

'Derby chairman Mel Morris, upset with the club's transfer dealings having failed to finish in a play-off position this season, is reviewing all the business that has been done by the club'

The difference here is that it is the chairman that has called an internal investigation in to the club's transfer dealings. Are Venky's going to investigate themselves?!;

'A lot of that involves WMG, who have done more Derby deals than any other agency over the last four years. Derby chief executive Sam Rush, who has been told to stay away from the club for a fortnight and is not expected to return, was in charge of WMG in the UK and Europe before joining Derby in 2013'

Hmmm. Sounds familiar.

'The FA are investigating Ayrton Wassall, son of Derby academy chief Darren Wassall, over combining his academy coaching role at the Championship club with scouting duties for WMG'

I'm sure the FA will leave no stone unturned. BTW, did the FA ever report back on the investigation into the role of agents at Rovers that started in 2011-ish?

There are seven players in the Derby squad represented by WMG, who also look after former manager Paul Clement.

Hmm. Sounds very familiar.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-4467392/Darren-Bent-s-agents-investigated-Derby-FA.html#ixzz4g16FVaph

• 2 weeks later...
Just now, philipl said:

Really hope Huddersfield get hammered out of sight by Wednesday after the way they messed around at the season end.

I still want them to lose 1-0 in the Final, after dominating the game, in the last minute of extra time to a mind bending dodgy penalty.

Seeing that shower crying at Wembley oh what bliss.

They only made 10 changes to the side that played Bristol City and got beaten 4-0. It was so gratuitous, the League had an inquiry into whether they had broken the rule requiring every club to put out the strongest possible team in every game... and then let them off (what a surprise)

Look at the league table (Bristol City avoided relegation by 3 points and goal difference) and remember Bristol City v Brum was the last game of the season and you can see that the Terriers pretty well relegated us in that one game. In fact they made a clean sweep of losing every game to relegation rivals in the last two months of the season.

Just now, Mattyblue said:

Behave TAFKAP, you obviously do know as you are insinuating to it in the last sentence...

I think he fancies having a great laugh at our expense this Summer does old TALKRAP.

11 minutes ago, Mattyblue said:

Behave TAFKAP, you obviously do know as you are alluding to it in the last sentence...

Sincerely did not, but I understand why you would think otherwise.

9 minutes ago, philipl said:

They only made 10 changes to the side that played Bristol City and got beaten 4-0. It was so gratuitous, the League had an inquiry into whether they had broken the rule requiring every club to put out the strongest possible team in every game... and then let them off (what a surprise)

Look at the league table (Bristol City avoided relegation by 3 points and goal difference) and remember Bristol City v Brum was the last game of the season and you can see that the Terriers pretty well relegated us in that one game. In fact they made a clean sweep of losing every game to relegation rivals in the last two months of the season.

Right, I see. So if they had beaten Bristol, Bristol would've put in a better shift against Birmingham, resulting in Brum going down? 

On the same subject, I do remember reading some rovers' fans talking about how Villa will roll over against you to spite Brum, 

It doesn't happen, or not very often. Who hates Man Utd the most, and who tried to help them pip you to the trophy on the last day of the season all those generations ago?

6 minutes ago, Stuart said:

I think he fancies having a great laugh at our expense this Summer does old TALKRAP.

Privately perhaps, but as you can see, I didn't run here and start gloating last weekend. Look back through my posts.

Just now, TAFKAP said:

Sincerely did not, but I understand why you would think otherwise.

Right, I see. So if they had beaten Bristol, Bristol would've put in a better shift against Birmingham, resulting in Brum going down? 

On the same subject, I do remember reading some rovers' fans talking about how Villa will roll over against you to spite Brum, 

It doesn't happen, or not very often. Who hates Man Utd the most, and who tried to help them pip you to the trophy on the last day of the season all those generations ago?

Privately perhaps, but as you can see, I didn't run here and start gloating last weekend. Look back through my posts.

Sxxu

Archived