BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Championship 2016/17 Season

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, blueboy3333 said:

They beat us you daft twunt, with a full strength team.

Precisely my point, sir. If there was ever a match to be thrown, that was it. The hatred between those two clubs is ugly, but the professionals on the pitch didn't let that interfere with their integrity.

Just now, TAFKAP said:

Precisely my point, sir. If there was ever a match to be thrown, that was it. The hatred between those two clubs is ugly, but the professionals on the pitch didn't let that interfere with their integrity.

10 changes. Integrity. Up the Owls.

10 changes. Integrity. Up the Owls.

OK, this is obviously subjective, so I'll leave it there.

Looking through Huddersfield's past months' results, they did indeed display a bias toward your rivals' fortunes, but at a massive cost to their own promotion ambitions...

Starting from March 17th with the loss to Bristol 4-0, they also lost to Burton, Forest and Birmingham. If they'd have won those games, they'd have finished with the same number of points as Brighton. I just don't see anything other than bloody bad luck, and to drop on 51 points is just that. 

Anyway, I too hope they don't go up, I would prefer Fulham as I lived a stones throw from the Cottage a few years back.

39 minutes ago, TAFKAP said:

Privately perhaps, but as you can see, I didn't run here and start gloating last weekend. Look back through my posts.

Privately perhaps? Not so private now though.

You have history on here so your posts will be read in context.

Just now, TAFKAP said:

Looking through Huddersfield's past months' results, they did indeed display a bias toward your rivals' fortunes, but at a massive cost to their own promotion ambitions...

Starting from March 17th with the loss to Bristol 4-0, they also lost to Burton, Forest and Birmingham. If they'd have won those games, they'd have finished with the same number of points as Brighton. I just don't see anything other than bloody bad luck, and to drop on 51 points is just that. 

Anyway, I too hope they don't go up, I would prefer Fulham as I lived a stones throw from the Cottage a few years back.

I am pleased that you left it there and didn't go on about it :blink:

Just now, TAFKAP said:

The issue is the Birmingham match, nothing else. If Liverpool had made 10 changes at Anfield to their regular team twenty-two years ago, we'd still be hearing about it now.

The issue is the Birmingham match, nothing else. If Liverpool had made 10 changes at Anfield to their regular team twenty-two years ago, we'd still be hearing about it now.

It was the first of the four defeats to your rivals, back in mid March; they still had over 20% of their fixtures to come when they played that match. 

Out of interest, were there any of the investigation's details released into this match?

15 minutes ago, LDRover said:

Blimey, just heard the commentator talk of the pace of Jordan Rhodes stretching the Huddersfield defence there. That's on a par with my physique being a threat to the current Mr Universe.

He gets paid to talk about football, unbelievable.

Just now, TAFKAP said:

It was the first of the four defeats to your rivals, back in mid March; they still had over 20% of their fixtures to come when they played that match. 

Out of interest, were there any of the investigation's details released into this match?

What are you on about?

Just now, TAFKAP said:

What was?

1 hour ago, philipl said:

They only made 10 changes to the side that played Bristol City and got beaten 4-0. It was so gratuitous, the League had an inquiry into whether they had broken the rule requiring every club to put out the strongest possible team in every game... and then let them off (what a surprise)

Look at the league table (Bristol City avoided relegation by 3 points and goal difference) and remember Bristol City v Brum was the last game of the season and you can see that the Terriers pretty well relegated us in that one game. In fact they made a clean sweep of losing every game to relegation rivals in the last two months of the season.

This is where my confusion has come from. Sorry chaps. 

Just now, TAFKAP said:

Aren't we talking about the Huddersfield hate here? Haven't you been alluding to a Hudds conspiracy to lose to your rivals, or have I been a DAFTWAP and misread it all?

Too many focus upon isolation, it was collectively our gross ineptitude to secure results of the 46 games which found us relegated. End of the day Mowbray saw us relegated, despite improvement equalizers from Burton, PNE and that horrific performance with Barnsley post Coyle made us suffer.. 

We deserved to go down. A catastrophic season started with only 8 players which Venkys and Mike Cheston are to blame for.

6 minutes ago, TAFKAP said:

Aren't we talking about the Huddersfield hate here? Haven't you been alluding to a Hudds conspiracy to lose to your rivals, or have I been a DAFTWAP and misread it all?

We've been talking about Huddersfield throwing the game at Birmingham by making 10 changes. That game happened two weeks ago. It was game 45 in their season. I was quite specific in mentioning Birmingham. I didn't mention Bristol City because they played them on the last day of the season and won 1-0.

Just now, Dunnfc said:

Too many focus upon isolation, it was collectively our gross ineptitude to secure results of the 46 games which found us relegated. End of the day Mowbray saw us relegated, despite improvement equalizers from Burton, PNE and that horrific performance with Barnsley post Coyle made us suffer.. 

We deserved to go down. A catastrophic season started with only 8 players which Venkys and Mike Cheston are to blame for.

Very simplistic. I'd say Coyle had the biggest influence on our relegation.

Very simplistic. I'd say Coyle had the biggest influence on our relegation.

His appointment was stuff of alternative reality, or something from the writers of Tales of the Unexpected. The only logical reason for it from my perspective, was to show you who's boss. 

1 hour ago, Dunnfc said:

That can be read as blaming Mowbray more than Coyle for relegation. Clever yet devious.

Has the rewriting of Coyle's tenure started?

Seneca, Battersby, Currie, Williams and now Mowbray.

Who's left to go after in the 'good guy' witch hunt.

Archived