SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Championship 2016/17 Season

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
33 minutes ago, Mercer said:

Negativity gets you nowhere.

You need folk with a 'can do attitude' in all walks of life.

This approach made Kean a millionaire and Rovers lose a hundred times that.

The key is not positivity, it's engineering a situation where you hold all the cards. Decrying negativity then becomes a way to silence those who see through the charade.

Reading some of the stuff on here, Rovers should write to the Football League and forfeit the last 7 games as, according to some, we are doomed anyway and destined for League 1.

Think I'll give it a break now until we know our destiny - just too depressing on here now.

Just now, Stuart said:

I bet you have a right old chuckle to yourself when you write these posts.

Strange how I felt the same about you when I saw "we no longer need snookers, we need miracles".

Just now, Jbizzle said:

Strange how I felt the same about you when I saw "we no longer need snookers, we need miracles".

As a club, we need a miracle. Unless you have £100m in a sock under your bed?

Just now, Stuart said:

As a club, we need a miracle. Unless you have £100m in a sock under your bed?

This is the season thread, the discussion is on relegation and there are plenty of points to play for.

At least keep the cathartic "end is nigh" stuff to your weekly edition! You know I've been brought to anger by MM enough times, but on this occasion I agree that we've got more than a minuscule chance of staying up.

• 4 weeks later...

Huddersfield are an utter disgrace. This will come back to haunt them one day. When we've risen from the ashes, I hope we're given the opportunity to relegate them.

It is a miracle that with one game to go we're still in with a chance of survival. Our squad is way below the quality required, so we've done well to hang on this long! 

Mowbray has done a good job in a short space of time. He's made us hard to beat which is the only way we'd get points on the board. We don't have the ability to take teams on in an attacking sense; keep it tight and nick a goal is unfortunately the best strategy for where we are right now as a club.

I think Venkys will be trying hard to shift the club, but will they find a foreign buyer? 

12 minutes ago, rovers11 said:

Huddersfield are an utter disgrace. This will come back to haunt them one day. When we've risen from the ashes, I hope we're given the opportunity to relegate them.

It is a miracle that with one game to go we're still in with a chance of survival. Our squad is way below the quality required, so we've done well to hang on this long! 

Mowbray has done a good job in a short space of time. He's made us hard to beat which is the only way we'd get points on the board. We don't have the ability to take teams on in an attacking sense; keep it tight and nick a goal is unfortunately the best strategy for where we are right now as a club.

I think Venkys will be trying hard to shift the club, but will they find a foreign buyer

Plenty more crooks in the sea.

55 minutes ago, rovers11 said:

I think Venkys will be trying hard to shift the club, but will they find a foreign buyer? 

Why should it be a FOREIGN buyer? I'd like to see Rovers owned by the fans; Wayne Wilde, the 2 Ians plus many others.

5 minutes ago, bazza said:

Why should it be a FOREIGN buyer? I'd like to see Rovers owned by the fans; Wayne Wilde, the 2 Ians plus many others.

They've made it pretty clear they won't even talk to local investors. 

Personally feel Senaca are the best way forward for us. 

9 hours ago, rovers11 said:

They've made it pretty clear they won't even talk to local investors. 

Personally feel Senaca are the best way forward for us. 

So simply find a front who's foreign, set up a company in Cayman Islands for £912 , there are various options to get round this.

Just now, Dunnfc said:

So simply find a front who's foreign, set up a company in Cayman Islands for £912 , there are various options to get round this.

Is that from the Kentaro / SEM book "How to own a football club when you can not legally" ?

Looks like Bolton are coming up.

1-0 up against Posh.

But they definitely have the commentators on side. Blatant penalty going right through the back of a player to get to the ball is extolled as a fantastic challenge. Football is so self-serving at times.

Just now, Stuart said:

Looks like Bolton are coming up.

1-0 up against Posh.

But they definitely have the commentators on side. Blatant penalty going right through the back of a player to get to the ball is extolled as a fantastic challenge. Football is so self-serving at times.

Yes definitely took the man before touching the ball, was hoping Bolton slipped up and Fleetwood took the 2nd spot, not looking likely at the moment

Archived