BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Championship 2016/17 Season

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
59 minutes ago, Tom said:

Burton put a massive nail in our coffin today. Huddersfield somehow become massive complicit in our impending relegation in the last 2 games!

Not that I believe it for a minute but with all the bother over the Rhodes' sale I bet there will be some wry smiles in the Hudds boardroom.

Be interesting to see how they get on against Forest.

We are in desperate need of a win.

1 hour ago, Tom said:

Burton put a massive nail in our coffin today. Huddersfield somehow become massive complicit in our impending relegation in the last 2 games!

Venkys are the most complicit in our impending relegation..

Just like they were in our Prem demise ....

It is they who have to go !

Seven games to go:

Bristol City Burton Notts Forest ROVERS
PNE (a) Newcastle (a) Wolves (a) Reading (a)
Wolves (h) Villa (h) Huddersfield (h) Barnsley (h)
QPR (h) Ipswich (h) Rovers (h) Notts Forest (a)
Rovers (a) Birmingham (a) Cardiff (a) Bristol City (h)
Barnsley (h) Leeds (h) Reading (h) Wolves (a)
Brighton (a) Barnsley (a) QPR (a) Villa (h)
Birmingham (h) Reading (h) Ipswich (h) Brentford (a)

Burton still to play 3 promotion hopefuls, whereas Forest have to play 2 with Rovers and Bristol play 1. Every game is a cup final but our games against Notts Forest (a) & Bristol (h) are 6 pointers.

Not easy but it can be done. 

Rotherham down officially now. The worst thing they did was appointed Alan Stubbs. Like Coyle made loads of signings without a plan. 

Jackett got out asap after realising he couldnt save them. 

If Paul Warne does get the job he needs a good experience number 2 and some backing from the owner which it looks like he will get for new signings

7 hours ago, JacknOry said:

Yup us versus Bristol for the drop and I think we will just about do it. They are in free fall while we have had a bit of a resurgance. 

Bit of a tall story, Jackanory. Bristol City looked brilliant when I watched them stuff Hudders 4-0 on TV recently.

Bristol City fans will look at their 4 home games and think 10 points from them will do it.

As Burton's win showed yesterday, a few twist and turns to come.

Cool heads needed.

22 minutes ago, Mercer said:

Bristol City fans will look at their 4 home games and think 10 points from them will do it.

As Burton's win showed yesterday, a few twist and turns to come.

Cool heads needed.

And less inappropriate optimism!

It is going to tight clearly between the 4 clubs. Still feel Birmingham could go. Maybe be the least likely on the last day to go down and its them who go. 

But Rovers need to start winning games. We need 4 wins or 12 points from the last 7 games. 

25 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

It is going to tight clearly between the 4 clubs. Still feel Birmingham could go. Maybe be the least likely on the last day to go down and its them who go. 

But Rovers need to start winning games. We need 4 wins or 12 points from the last 7 games. 

We need to beat Bristol, then equal what ever they do in the rest of the games

33 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Not everyone is like you tho. 

Maybe some fans have more belief and faith in Mowbray/players than you!

We no longer need snookers but miracles.

Just now, rigger said:

That is precisely what we must do - no more, no less.

If we do this we stay up.

I sincerely hope that it does not all hinge on the last match when we are away to Brentford.

The other clubs down there are picking up unexpected wins so we have to as well. In the final analysis, we "just" have to improve by one place- looking at that fixture list I have a horrible feeling we are going to have to win all our remaining home games and that is a tall order.

Pretty simple now because other clubs have acted. We have to beat Bristol and equal or better every one of their results in the run in. 

So we can start with the next home game. Ignore all other teams, if Bristol are winning, we have to be winning. If Bristol are drawing, we have to be drawing. And if Bristol lose and we lose it's not a bad result so long as we beat them. 

Just now, philipl said:

The other clubs down there are picking up unexpected wins so we have to as well. In the final analysis, we "just" have to improve by one place- looking at that fixture list I have a horrible feeling we are going to have to win all our remaining home games and that is a tall order.

Agree that the path to survival is becoming increasingly narrow.  I doubt we will win all three home games which means we need an away win somewhere.  I think we are going to need 51 points unless Birmingham or Ipswich have a sudden collapse.  Bristol look to have three winnable games which would give them 50 points and a better goal difference than ourselves.  Burton are only two wins away from the 50 point mark.  Forest have games which present them with opportunities for wins, just as we do.  I think the games against Forest and Bristol will clearly be key but if we don't hit the 51 points mark then I think we will be relying on others to save us. 

23 minutes ago, rigger said:

We need beat Barnsley, Bristol City and Forest. Villa and Wolves arent anything special. 

We can get a point at Reading. Watched them yesterday. Good team but we can get something. 

15 minutes ago, Stuart said:

We no longer need snookers but miracles.

Then lets just give up and moaned about it. 

Look at Mowbray and post match comments. Has he given up? Nope! 

Just now, chaddyrovers said:

We need beat Barnsley, Bristol City and Forest. Villa and Wolves arent anything special. 

We can get a point at Reading. Watched them yesterday. Good team but we can get something. 

Then lets just give up and moaned about it. 

Look at Mowbray and post match comments. Has he given up? Nope! 

Course not hes the manager. Fans can see things from a different perspective. Some of the stuff you write comes out of a first grade nursery book

2 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

Not everyone is like you tho. 

Maybe some fans have more belief and faith in Mowbray/players than you!

Just boil your head Chaddy! That was an attempt at humour aimed at Merecerman's over-optimistic pronouncements and not to be taken seriously.

Not even by Mercerman!

Everyone else would have known that.

53 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Rigger is correct. Just think it through. End of.

2 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

Said all along we will get 12 from last 6.  Absolutely 'doable'.

Archived