BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Championship 2016/17 Season

Just now, Athlete said:

The bet is chaddyrovers whether it's working or not or worked.. I'd say that the bet is we have to be higher than 20th in the championship with senior and Mowbray still in the same positions which is where we were prior to Saturday.. Fiver to charity of chaddyrovers choice.. Lower or neither still in same situ at the club ie dof and head coach.. Fiver to charity of athletes choice 

In all honesty if you think higher than 20th is successful your easily satisfied 

Mowbray or Senior being in their roles in a year isn't an indicator of whether the DOF model is a success. What if they do such a good job they move to a bigger club? 

Why not just base it on league position? 

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, Bigdoggsteel said:

Mowbray or Senior being in their roles in a year isn't an indicator of whether the DOF model is a success. What if they do such a good job they move to a bigger club? 

Why not just base it on league position? 

Because hopefully Mowbray if he carries on the good work will be given the proper managers job and good bye Paul.. Proving the dof didn't work or if it did work we'll be higher than the position prior to the Norwich game with both still in situ.. Or if we still have a dof and head coach.... 

Think you know the script Paul 

Just now, Athlete said:

Because hopefully Mowbray if he carries on the good work will be given the proper managers job and good bye Paul.. Proving the dof didn't work or if it did work we'll be higher than the position prior to the Norwich game 

That sentence doesn't make any sense? Just so I am clear.  Are you saying that if Mowbray does well, his job title will change from head coach to manager and somehow this will also lead to Senior leaving? 

I didn't get to the second sentence yet. 

• Backroom
26 minutes ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

It is fascinating how many posts on this forum begin with or contain the words "allegedly" "supposedly" "apparently" just before some claim is made. They must be the most used phrases. Very interesting. 

Members usually do so to protect the forum from legal ramifications. Although I believe responsibility falls with the poster now.

Just sensible in case it turns out not to be true, even if you're certain.

Just now, Mike E said:

Members usually do so to protect the forum from legal ramifications. Although I believe responsibility falls with the poster now.

Just sensible in case it turns out not to be true, even if you're certain.

Or it can also be used to cover yourself if you know what your saying isn't true :) 

36 minutes ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

That sentence doesn't make any sense? Just so I am clear.  Are you saying that if Mowbray does well, his job title will change from head coach to manager and somehow this will also lead to Senior leaving? 

I didn't get to the second sentence yet. 

Ask your agent wife... 

Ignore button for BDS 

3 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

Works in most of EurPathetic!ub football. Most clubs have a sporting director/DoF in place. 

I think it works. The DoF and scouts focus on the scouting and contracts for players. Whilst the head coach focus on the team, training and tactics. Both work together to bring in the right players to fit the structure of the team and style of play. 

Will it work here? I really hope it does. 

What the bet? What are we saying is terms of the bet? Mowbray and Senior to still be in place by start of next March?

5 pounds to a Charity? 

Looks like you are back to your pro venkys stance...pathetic!!

• Backroom
10 minutes ago, davulsukur said:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/39264495

Warnock says there are no good managers around. Also, he was delighted to see Warren Joyce get the Wigan job because he knew they wouldn't be a threat.

Wow that's some statement and he's not wrong 'I'm not bothered if they sack me' must be a great position for him 

• Backroom
1 hour ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

Or it can also be used to cover yourself if you know what your saying isn't true :) 

Yes it can, but you get to know who's a good source over 10 years or so when their 'allegedly's prove true or come with/from documented evidence.

51 minutes ago, Tom said:

Wow that's some statement and he's not wrong 'I'm not bothered if they sack me' must be a great position for him 

That and having six subs on the bench last fees weeks in align with just five million il get us promoted are all cries to Vincent tan to give him summer cash!

3 hours ago, Athlete said:

The bet is chaddyrovers whether it's working or not or worked.. I'd say that the bet is we have to be higher than 20th in the championship with senior and Mowbray still in the same positions which is where we were prior to Saturday.. Fiver to charity of chaddyrovers choice.. Lower or neither still in same situ at the club ie dof and head coach.. Fiver to charity of athletes choice 

In all honesty if you think higher than 20th is successful your easily satisfied 

At the end of next season or March the 14th 2018 the date?

Just now, chaddyrovers said:

make it year from now.

I will take the bet. 5 pounds for charity

Certainly chaddyrovers

Have to be higher than 20th with senior and Mowbray still in situ .. Fiver Worth it for charity.. 

Wether it's a success is still debateable 

• Backroom

Feel absolutely gutted, everytime we seem to do well our rivals keep up the pace.

The fact we are unbeaten in 6 and still in the drop zone is hard to take. 

Feels like a big step towards relegation with Bristol now with the bit between their teeth.

Archived