BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Championship 2016/17 Season

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
20 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

BREAKING NEWS: Rowett has appointed Kevin Summerfield, Mark Sale, Kevin Poole & Joe Carnall to his backroom team: https://t.co/SVpQMJjCwq https://t.co/4jkqKUTeDj

That was done and dusted last night.. Look his own full backroom staff like managers get chaddyrovers not head coach 

1 hour ago, chaddyrovers said:

Made 40 pounds from it. 20 pounds on at 1/1 All in the Cheltenham horse racing pot. 

Bullshit, we all know you only deal in 5ers!

31 minutes ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

According to my paper the controversial owner of Olympiakos, Evangelos Marinakis, is in secret talks to take over Notts Forest. He's said to be behind the appointment of Mark Warburton as the new manager.

Marinakis was in talks last summer to buy Forest and then it fell through. He was the one behind the appointment of Montanier after they were rumoured to by trying to appoint Marco Silva of Hull fame.

Perhaps after the American deal collapsed Hasawi has re-opened negotiations to sell to the Greek.

The relegation scrap has taken another interesting twist this week then. Both Forest and Wigan under new management. A few days ago I'd have been expecting us to finish above both of them.

Could go either way. Not sure whether Wigan will have enough with Barrow at the helm. In theory Forest should be ok with their squad and an experienced manager but it doesn't work like that.

Will be an interesting game on Sunday between Derby and Forest with Rowett and Warburton in place for their first games.

4 hours ago, Athlete said:

That was done and dusted last night.. Look his own full backroom staff like managers get chaddyrovers not head coach 

But thats isnt the structure here. Time you accept that fact and move on. Instead of moaning about it

2 hours ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

I hope you weren't backing him on every job he was linked with :D 

No of course. 

Didnt back anyone for Rovers job last time. 

1 hour ago, Athlete said:

Warburton just been confirmed as forest manager 

Mention that yesterday

1 hour ago, JHRover said:

The relegation scrap has taken another interesting twist this week then. Both Forest and Wigan under new management. A few days ago I'd have been expecting us to finish above both of them.

Could go either way. Not sure whether Wigan will have enough with Barrow at the helm. In theory Forest should be ok with their squad and an experienced manager but it doesn't work like that.

Will be an interesting game on Sunday between Derby and Forest with Rowett and Warburton in place for their first games.

Decent appointment by Forest imo.

Wigan, hopefully not so much. Not exactly a momentum type appointment.

Our next four look extremely tough, and a realistic scenario is for us to still be in touch afterwards.

Let's hope that's the case.

Just now, chaddyrovers said:

But thats isnt the structure here. Time you accept that fact and move on. Instead of moaning about it.

Why shouldn't we moan about it? We don't like it. We want a proper manager who is allowed to manage all aspects of the first team, including recruitment. If that is held to be too much for one man then at least look at a properly qualified person to be DOF and make sure him and the manager are confident with one another and can actually work together for the good of the club. Here we have a decent manager being called a head coach and a nobody with no qualifications for the job over him. What kind of sense does that make to anyone?

Just now, chaddyrovers said:

But thats isnt the structure here. Time you accept that fact and move on. Instead of moaning about it

The structure which only works if it's for the benefit of the team with a highly rated dof... Very rarely is this a success in England conflict of interest comes into play 

What is your obsession with a head coach dof structure... 

I'll hold my hands up in 12 months time and admit I was wrong if it works out here... Fancy a cheeky fiver on it 

I can't say fairer than that Chris 

But I am. 99% more or less certain it won't pan out how you want it to 

Just now, gumboots said:

Why shouldn't we moan about it? We don't like it. We want a proper manager who is allowed to manage all aspects of the first team, including recruitment. If that is held to be too much for one man then at least look at a properly qualified person to be DOF and make sure him and the manager are confident with one another and can actually work together for the good of the club. Here we have a decent manager being called a head coach and a nobody with no qualifications for the job over him. What kind of sense does that make to anyone?

Especially as he left Sheff wed for allegedly not having the clubs best interest at heart... Oh call me cynical here but his wife happens to be a football agent 

Just now, Athlete said:

The structure which only works if it's for the benefit of the team with a highly rated dof... Very rarely is this a success in England conflict of interest comes into play 

What is your obsession with a head coach dof structure... 

I'll hold my hands up in 12 months time and admit I was wrong if it works out here... Fancy a cheeky fiver on it 

I can't say fairer than that Chris 

But I am. 99% more or less certain it won't pan out how you want it to 

Works in most of European club football. Most clubs have a sporting director/DoF in place. 

I think it works. The DoF and scouts focus on the scouting and contracts for players. Whilst the head coach focus on the team, training and tactics. Both work together to bring in the right players to fit the structure of the team and style of play. 

Will it work here? I really hope it does. 

What the bet? What are we saying is terms of the bet? Mowbray and Senior to still be in place by start of next March?

5 pounds to a Charity? 

45 minutes ago, Athlete said:

Especially as he left Sheff wed for allegedly not having the clubs best interest at heart... Oh call me cynical here but his wife happens to be a football agent 

It is fascinating how many posts on this forum begin with or contain the words "allegedly" "supposedly" "apparently" just before some claim is made. They must be the most used phrases. Very interesting. 

Just now, Bigdoggsteel said:

It is fascinating how many posts on this forum begin with or contain the words "allegedly" "supposedly" "apparently" just before some claim is made. They must be the most used phrases. Very interesting. 

It's a forum Paul 

46 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Works in most of European club football. Most clubs have a sporting director/DoF in place. 

I think it works. The DoF and scouts focus on the scouting and contracts for players. Whilst the head coach focus on the team, training and tactics. Both work together to bring in the right players to fit the structure of the team and style of play. 

Will it work here? I really hope it does. 

What the bet? What are we saying is terms of the bet? Mowbray and Senior to still be in place by start of next March?

5 pounds to a Charity? 

The bet is chaddyrovers whether it's working or not or worked.. I'd say that the bet is we have to be higher than 20th in the championship with senior and Mowbray still in the same positions which is where we were prior to Saturday.. Fiver to charity of chaddyrovers choice.. Lower or neither still in same situ at the club ie dof and head coach.. Fiver to charity of athletes choice 

In all honesty if you think higher than 20th is successful your easily satisfied 

Archived