BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Championship 2016/17 Season

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, onlyonejackwalker said:

Another good result for Brighton. Like their manager and hope they go up.

Another poor result for Derby. No idea what people still see in Mclaren.

Will McClaren still be there in the summer? Wouldnt surprise me if there is another change there

Just now, chaddyrovers said:

Will McClaren still be there in the summer? Wouldnt surprise me if there is another change there

He is saying that the finances and support are in place and given time things will improve. Said he is suprised by the physicality of this division! Funny comment. How could he not know that and if clueless why didn't he do some research?

I would sack him, but then again i wouldn't have appointed him.

Just now, onlyonejackwalker said:

He is saying that the finances and support are in place and given time things will improve. Said he is suprised by the physicality of this division! Funny comment. How could he not know that and if clueless why didn't he do some research?

I would sack him, but then again i wouldn't have appointed him.

Very strange comment by him.

he was appointed cos The owner wanted to play the Derby way.

wouldn't be surprise Gary Rowett in the Derby job soon.

1 hour ago, chaddyrovers said:

or the Norwich gig. With the odd managerial changes seen at Derby recently, Rowett's thoughts of crazy owners may him make stay clear.

59 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Why not completely hedge your bets chaddy and say 'wouldn't be surprised to see Gary Rowett in a job soon'?

You'll be able to say I told you so quite comfortably on that one.

Just now, duggy9197 said:

Rowett and norwich seem perfect for one another,I thought the three teams relagated last year would bounce back how wrong was I

One of the poorest Championship seasons I can recall. You only need to be a half decent team with a bit of consistency to be up there with the leaders as Brighton have proved.

Just now, duggy9197 said:

Rowett and norwich seem perfect for one another,I thought the three teams relagated last year would bounce back how wrong was I

I would have said Newcastle and Norwich had the 2 best squads in the league. Especially after they jockeyed us at Ewood on the opening day. 

4 minutes ago, Blue blood said:

Since we're going with bold predictions I'll state that Zola won't be at Brum for the start of next season.

If Rowett hadn't done as well he'd have got Brum relegated this season.

They could well be in the play-offs if they stuck with Rowett. I would say their fans are absolutely fuming. For the owners to sabotage their own team like that is an absolute farce.

40 minutes ago, Blue blood said:

Since we're going with bold predictions I'll state that Zola won't be at Brum for the start of next season.

If Rowett hadn't done as well he'd have got Brum relegated this season.

During last week game on Sky, the Sky commentators said that Zola has been told the owners will stick by him for the next 2 transfer windows and allow him to build his own team and the owners wanted them to play in European style of play and tactics

I will be very shocked if they stick by him. but have done so far which I'm shocked with

10 minutes ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

They could well be in the play-offs if they stuck with Rowett. I would say their fans are absolutely fuming. For the owners to sabotage their own team like that is an absolute farce.

During last week game on Sky, the Sky commentators said that the owners wanted them to play in European style of play and tactics. I have no idea what that is.

Currently Zola is playing 5-3-1-1. is that an European style of play and tactic?

Seems a bit unfair on McClaren. Took over this season when they were near the relegation zone, had the in the top 6 just before Xmas, a poor run since then but still comfortably mid-table.

He's had 87 points to go for since going back to Derby in October and has picked up 46 of them. A better record than e.g. Bruce at Villa who has spent a lot more than him.

Derby are a puddled club. Keep on throwing big money around and it has got them nowhere because of botched managerial appointments and upheaval. 

Rowett is bookies favourite for the Norwich job. I wonder if Derby have sacked McClaren cos they feel they might lose Rowett to Norwich

Derby have sacked McClaren twice, Clement and Pearson within the last 2 years. maybe the problem isn't the managers but the owner expectations and not allowing the manager a chance. didn't they sacked Clement when they were in the top 6 last season?

Chaddy is going to put Rowett forward as favourite for every single job in world football until he man is hired. I'm pretty sure Chaddy wants Rowett in work more than Rowetts missus. 

41 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

well Steve McClaren has just been sacked as Derby.

Rowett must be the favourite for the job

Yeah mcClaren did get sacked but Nixon's story is wrong as he claimed that mcClarens position would be reviewed at the end of the season

Archived