BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Championship 2016/17 Season

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, islander200 said:

Yeah mcClaren did get sacked but Nixon's story is wrong as he claimed that mcClarens position would be reviewed at the end of the season

Very true. James Nursery the mirror reporter says the review has been brought forward. Link his previous post

15 minutes ago, duggy9197 said:

Seems Derby must have someone lined up or like Chris says do not want to lose Rowett.If i was Rowett i would heard to Norfolk Derby are as mad as us.

Rowett lives in Derby.. Wonder if he's already been approached 

I thought it was fairly well accepted by now that McClaren is a very good coach but not a good manager as he lacks the requisite man management skills.

I don't know why Clubs keep employing him in the latter capacity only to have to sack him a few months later.

As for Hodgson going anywhere he keeps getting linked with various jobs but I'd be amazed if anyone would touch him with a bargepole after his stint with England. I also can't see him going through the mundane slog of a 46 game Championship season either somehow. He probably stilk thinks in his own mind he's worthy of a top job somewhere. 

• Moderation Lead

McLaren was an absolute joke of an appointment, Pearson in theory should have done well at Derby, but he massively flopped there for whatever reason.

They've got a good squad on paper, (unfortunately for them, games are played on grass) but they're such a team of individuals.

• Backroom

Wigan's players looked like they had lost all hope after we beat them. The way they reacted on the pitch at full time was like they had actually been relegated. So, it's not a surprise the manager has gone.

I do remember a few on here being very pro-Joyce :huh: I didn't want him anywhere near the club and am glad Wigan got stuck with him instead. Incredibly, Coyle was probably a marginally better appointment. 

Graham barrow in charge till the end of the season... Barrow has been on the coaching staff for quite some time and has survived every management change.. Some in wigan say he's Dave whelans eyes and ears 

Forest in talks with Mark Warburton about taking over there. 

More choas at Wigan. 4 managers been sacked there in 2 and half season and everytime Barrow survived. Appointing Barrow till end of the season show that they panic yet again. Joyce wasnt a good appointment. So much for David Sharpe high praise for Joyce and sacked him within 4 months. Pathetic. 

Rowett in talks at Derby today

Whilst Norwich didnt have anybody line up when they sacked Neil. Ed Balls on Saturday on local radio said Pardew not in the frame. Norwich fans complaining about Ed Balls and his role there. The guy is totally clueless at most things he does. Thankgod he never got the power he wanted in polictics

Just now, DE. said:

Wigan's players looked like they had lost all hope after we beat them. The way they reacted on the pitch at full time was like they had actually been relegated. So, it's not a surprise the manager has gone.

I do remember a few on here being very pro-Joyce :huh: I didn't want him anywhere near the club and am glad Wigan got stuck with him instead. Incredibly, Coyle was probably a marginally better appointment. 

When we were linked with him I think I  described him as " The New Kiddo ". Looks like we dodged a bullet there.

4 hours ago, Athlete said:

Graham barrow in charge till the end of the season... Barrow has been on the coaching staff for quite some time and has survived every management change.. Some in wigan say he's Dave whelans eyes and ears 

Wigan's Tony Parkes.  Let's hope he's not as successful!

4 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

Norwich fans complaining about Ed Balls and his role there. The guy is totally clueless at most things he does. Thankgod he never got the power he wanted in polictics

Osborne and Hammond have adopted his policies almost to the letter.

He was good on Strictly though. 

Archived