BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Championship 2016/17 Season

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Phil T said:

That Bristol City announcement was obviously rubbish. Still, the more uncertainty there, the better.

Nicklas Bendtner has left Forest to join Rosenborg, more or less citing Forest as an unstable setup where he can't settle. I remember thinking what an outstanding coup it was for Forest when he signed in September. Can't believe he's only 29!

Given the turmoil at Forest, it's odd that they comfortably beat Brighton at the weekend. Just goes to show how unpredictable this league is. In the same vain, let's hope that Brentford can get something there tonight and put the jitters up them.

Maybe the other players were glad to see the back of Bendtner. He seems to be a complete knob.

Got to hope that Wigan v Bristol City ends in a draw on Saturday. Worst case would be a Bristol City win.

Alex Neil is under pressure at a shaky Norwich. Looking around on their message boards and it seems like they want him gone. I know it's not Rovers-like for us to take advantage of those situations, but I'm making the mistake of thinking we could get something there.

Just now, Phil T said:

Got to hope that Wigan v Bristol City ends in a draw on Saturday. Worst case would be a Bristol City win.

Alex Neil is under pressure at a shaky Norwich. Looking around on their message boards and it seems like they want him gone. I know it's not Rovers-like for us to take advantage of those situations, but I'm making the mistake of thinking we could get something there.

It's not like me to be optimistic but I feel we can get a draw. We're due a 0-0.

The Norwich game is one where the first goal is crucial. It's ironic that I remember watching first game of the season when they spanked us and thinking that things were not going to work out for coyle, now it is a manager who we can all get behind. 

Edit 

By not work out I mean that he wasn't up for the job. Before I get rounded on by an angry message board mob :)

• Backroom
Just now, Bigdoggsteel said:

The Norwich game is one where the first goal is crucial. It's ironic that I remember watching first game of the season when they spanked us and thinking that thongs were not going to work out for coyle, now it is a manager who we can all get behind 

Good God man, I wouldn't be NEAR a man with a broken thong, let alone behind him!!

Norwich fans aren't happy with Alex Neil but their owners appears to be very happy with him. We need to go there and get at least a point there. Fancy a 2-1 win tbh

Bristol City big announcement was sacking assistant head coach John Pemberton.

I see Birmingham City lost again. I fancy them to go down. Shocking form and a very poor manager in Zola in charge

Point tonight for us is good.  Eight out of four games for Mowbray is a very good start.

Not a single concern about relegation.  We are as safe as houses.  Enjoy the rest of the season.

Just now, Mercerman said:

Point tonight for us is good.  Eight out of four games for Mowbray is a very good start.

Not a single concern about relegation.  We are as safe as houses.  Enjoy the rest of the season.

What will be this seasons achievements ?

Very important to get that late goal and add to the points tally, especially with all the teams below us doing the same.

I still think our remaining 4 home games will be key. If we can get a couple of wins and a couple of draws out of them then we'll be ok as long as we squeeze another few points out of the away games. A few tough ones coming up before the international break. Fulham away especially. 3 points or more from these next 3 would be decent. 

Despite Birmingham's woes I think they'll be ok thanks to Rowett's work earlier this season. I'm not surprised in the slightest that Wigan beat them. 43 points on the board so 8 clear still. Another 3-4 points will do it for them and as they did with Fulham a few weeks ago they'll fluke one eventually or scrape through with draws.

Forest still right in there though. Had it not been for that freakish 3-0 win over Brighton on Saturday they'd be in deep trouble. We need to be targeting finishing above them just incase Bristol or Wigan come good.

10 hours ago, JHRover said:

Very important to get that late goal and add to the points tally, especially with all the teams below us doing the same.

I still think our remaining 4 home games will be key. If we can get a couple of wins and a couple of draws out of them then we'll be ok as long as we squeeze another few points out of the away games

16 away games---won 2 :(. Played 19 home games but only 16 away. Unless we see a drastic improvement in our away form, we are still facing a huge task.

All those home points that just drifted away under Coyle could still come back to haunt us. Ludicrous that the owners sat on their hands all that time.

Just now, 47er said:

16 away games---won 2 :(. Played 19 home games but only 16 away. Unless we see a drastic improvement in our away form, we are still facing a huge task.

All those home points that just drifted away under Coyle could still come back to haunt us. Ludicrous that the owners sat on their hands all that time.

All those bloody points conceded in the last 5-10 minutes !

11 minutes ago, 47er said:

Hopefully we will see the real impact that Mowbray has on us, over the next 2 games. I do think he will have a different approach to both of these games, compared to the Burton game. I don't see Saturday as a forgone conclusion, as I would have done under Coyle. If we can sneak a win, then we can go into the Fulham game, with nothing to lose. To be kicking off at home to PNE with any more points on the bag and still out of the bottom 3 would be fantastic.

11 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

I see Birmingham City lost again. I fancy them to go down. Shocking form and a very poor manager in Zola in charge

There was a Birmingham fan on 5live last night as I drove home from the game saying much the same. They have managed two wins out of 15 under Zola and both of those they hung on for raggy 1-0 wins. They could be the side that slips down to the relegation slots late on.

He had come on as an antidote to all the suicidal Arsenal fans, bemoaning their failure to get past the last 16 in the Champions League - must be terrible for the poor darlings.

• Backroom

I think Rowett picked up enough points to keep Birmingham safe this season. Keep in mind Bristol City are on 35 points, Birmingham on 43. Short of Birmingham losing every match from now until the end of the season (possible, but unlikely) they'll probably stay up. Incredible that their owners sabotaged the club's entire season by sacking Rowett and bringing in Zola. What a mess.

Some big games this weekend a defeat and a Wolves win over Rotherham and a winner in wigan v Bristol sees back in the bottom three 

Its looking like it could be the benchmark points required 

1 hour ago, Athlete said:

Some big games this weekend a defeat and a Wolves win over Rotherham and a winner in wigan v Bristol sees back in the bottom three 

Wolves would only need a draw in that scenario.

The Canaries looked nailed on promotion candidates after the first game of the season.

They've a good squad but are clearly mismanaged, which sounds familiar.

Big test for Mowbray, if we subdue them early on and/or sneak an early goal, I think we will come away with at least a point.

COYB

Archived