Looking back since 2010 this is what is needed to avoid the drop

2010 - 49
2011 - 48
2012 - 48
2013 - 55
2014 - 44
2015 - 46
2016 - 49

2013 stands out as an odd one however we are going to need about 48-50 points to be safe. We have 15 games to go with 29 on the board.

So to get 50 we need 1.4 points per game, 48 says 1.26. On season form we are getting 0.93 a game (disgrace) which would leave us on 42 ish points which would be down. We need to see about a six to eight point bounce from Mowbrey if you use season stats. If you take the last ten games our form is a little worse, coil was using the FA cup to make us look better, last ten games 0.9 points per game, which is down.

We have:

Burton Albion    A     
Derby        H
Wigan         H
Cardiff        H
Norwich        A     
Fulham        A
Preston North End    H    
Brighton    A
Reading        A
Barnsley    H
Nottingham Forest     A     
Bristol City    H     
Wolves        A
Aston Villa     H     
Brentford    A

You would have to look at home first, Wigan, Bristol City as must wins so 6 points we need 14 points from the rest where will we get them!

Cant see more than 47 points so going to be close

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We've got to look at ones like Villa, Derby and Preston at home, along with Wolves away and Forest away as games to collect some decent points from. Derby are out of form, Villa are having a nightmare away from home, Wolves are poor at Molineux.

Brighton, Reading and Norwich away stand out as the real tough ones.

In other news Warnock has just agreed to stay at Cardiff next season. So much for us not wanting him because he only wanted 1 more year.... expect to see them pushing for promotion next season.

29 minutes ago, JHRover said:

We've got to look at ones like Villa, Derby and Preston at home, along with Wolves away and Forest away as games to collect some decent points from. Derby are out of form, Villa are having a nightmare away from home, Wolves are poor at Molineux.

Brighton, Reading and Norwich away stand out as the real tough ones.

In other news Warnock has just agreed to stay at Cardiff next season. So much for us not wanting him because he only wanted 1 more year.... expect to see them pushing for promotion next season.

Warnock has done some job there. Venkys or whoever , made a serious mistake letting him slip through. 

Lambert's popular down at Wolves:-

http://www.molineuxmix.co.uk/index.php?threads/lamberts-post-match-interview.194617/

http://www.molineuxmix.co.uk/index.php?threads/embarrassment.194602/

http://www.molineuxmix.co.uk/index.php?threads/saunders-mark-ii.194353/page-2

This one made me chuckle:-

Lambo genuinely thinks he's something special. A man who's sorted out so many problems, night and day now compared to when Zenga was here according to him but never goes into any specifics of what he's sorted out. Just believe him, the results may be no different, but he's sorted things out, ok? He once played for Dortmund for 12 months dontcha know? Then became a real student of the game after leaving Blackburn, travelling europe to watch how the top clubs train. At the moment those trips are looking like the equivalent of a dustbin man doing a degree in waste management then carrying on emptying the bins - that's great but what's the point? The same could be asked of Paul, he traveled around europe's best clubs and then sets his team up to smash long balls up to midget forwards as if it's 1985.

He's obviously coming out with the same self-aggrandising nonsense he came out with here. It's hilarious he's trotting out the 'I've watched the top clubs train and I'm mates with Pep' stuff again. He must be really insecure if he has to big himself by association. BS merchant of the highest calibre.

9 hours ago, blueboy3333 said:

Lambert's popular down at Wolves:-

http://www.molineuxmix.co.uk/index.php?threads/lamberts-post-match-interview.194617/

http://www.molineuxmix.co.uk/index.php?threads/embarrassment.194602/

http://www.molineuxmix.co.uk/index.php?threads/saunders-mark-ii.194353/page-2

This one made me chuckle:-

Lambo genuinely thinks he's something special. A man who's sorted out so many problems, night and day now compared to when Zenga was here according to him but never goes into any specifics of what he's sorted out. Just believe him, the results may be no different, but he's sorted things out, ok? He once played for Dortmund for 12 months dontcha know? Then became a real student of the game after leaving Blackburn, travelling europe to watch how the top clubs train. At the moment those trips are looking like the equivalent of a dustbin man doing a degree in waste management then carrying on emptying the bins - that's great but what's the point? The same could be asked of Paul, he traveled around europe's best clubs and then sets his team up to smash long balls up to midget forwards as if it's 1985.

He's obviously coming out with the same self-aggrandising nonsense he came out with here. It's hilarious he's trotting out the 'I've watched the top clubs train and I'm mates with Pep' stuff again. He must be really insecure if he has to big himself by association. BS merchant of the highest calibre.

Give me Mowbray over Lambert any day of the week. 

Just now, Bigdoggsteel said:

Mowbray seems a lot more down to earth than Lambert. Mowbray knows what he's walked into, whereas Lambert didn't really accept that, and always wanted money.

On another, it's the first time I've looked forward to a weekend of football in a long time, now that Coyle's gone. It's just a shame we played away last night- otherwise I'd have gone.

Tony Mowbray's Blue and White Army!

Just now, scotchrover said:

Mowbray seems a lot more down to earth than Lambert. Mowbray knows what he's walked into, whereas Lambert didn't really accept that, and always wanted money.

On another, it's the first time I've looked forward to a weekend of football in a long time, now that Coyle's gone. It's just a shame we played away last night- otherwise I'd have gone.

Tony Mowbray's Blue and White Army!

I have a feeling the crowd are going to really get behind the team and be the 12th man over the remaining games. I can see us turning draws into wins and defeats into draws under Mowbray. 

Just now, scotchrover said:

Did Lambert know what he was walking into? Seems to me he was sold something very different to what he got.

15 minutes ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

And me. Lambert's a bluffer, just like Coyle. You really should read some of the posts on the Wolves MB's. It's exactly what a few of us were writing a year ago:-

...hit and hope hoof ball that the tactical maestro Lambert has us playing at the moment.  I'm sick of hearing how he favours 'high intensity, pressing football' and how he's studied every this and that under the sun - the point is, when it comes to a rubbish Burton team, a rubbish Wigan team or a 10 man rubbish Birmingham team, then he hasn't got a clue what to do. 

Lambert in a nutshell.

http://www.molineuxmix.co.uk/index.php?threads/if-zenga-was-sacked-justify-lambert.194601/page-2

Just now, blueboy3333 said:

And me. Lambert's a bluffer, just like Coyle. You really should read some of the posts on the Wolves MB's. It's exactly what a few of us were writing a year ago:-

...hit and hope hoof ball that the tactical maestro Lambert has us playing at the moment.  I'm sick of hearing how he favours 'high intensity, pressing football' and how he's studied every this and that under the sun - the point is, when it comes to a rubbish Burton team, a rubbish Wigan team or a 10 man rubbish Birmingham team, then he hasn't got a clue what to do. 

Lambert in a nutshell.

http://www.molineuxmix.co.uk/index.php?threads/if-zenga-was-sacked-justify-lambert.194601/page-2

Ya,he is a spoofer. He will have money to spend at wolves. I don't see him getting them promoted. He is a long ball merchant in the worst possible sense. As in he will do it regardless of the players he has at his disposal. At least allardyce could be a bit more nuanced with it. 

Just now, Claytons Left Boot said:

Another tart just come on for Leeds. Wearing gloves. Temperature in Leeds today 10 deg C. Watching the game is like watching paint dry. Rhodes missed a penalty, very accurate but very weak and keeper saved easily. #borefest.

Rhodes substituted after contributing the sum of sod all - again. And they needed a goal as well.

• Backroom

Rhodes misses a penalty whilst Josh King converts one - better penalty taker confirmed! :P

i like king and think he's an all round good premier league bench option but I wouldn't trust him with a penalty he's not one for composure 

Archived