BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Championship 2016/17 Season

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, Bigdoggsteel said:

We made a profit on him and let's not pretend that any of us thought he would be a 5 million player after leaving us,let alone a 20 million one. 

he was flogged to pay a bill...............end of

We made a profit on him and let's not pretend that any of us thought he would be a 5 million player after leaving us,let alone a 20 million one. 

We sold him for £2.7M if I remember correctly. Absolute chicken feed, no pun intended. I thought he would become worth much more than £5M and I think quite a few others did too. I was gobsmacked when they sold him off so cheaply, I think it was in the middle of summer too, so kinda went under the radar a bit.  Can I ask, how many times did you see him play live?

Just now, wolfie said:

We sold him for £2.7M if I remember correctly. Absolute chicken feed, no pun intended. I thought he would become worth much more than £5M and I think quite a few others did too. I was gobsmacked when they sold him off so cheaply, I think it was in the middle of summer too, so kinda went under the radar a bit.  Can I ask, how many times did you see him play live?

BDS never did

49 minutes ago, wolfie said:

Can I ask,what was the maximum you thought he would be worth? 

Can I also ask,do you think seeing him play live gives you some insight others don't have? 

• Backroom

General consensus on here was that Cairney was sold far too cheaply, but nonetheless there were plenty happy to see him leave. Yet still the penny hasn't dropped for many that when we sell a player we almost always downgrade with the replacement. 

1 hour ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

He always had the potential to be a top player. 

Can I ask,what was the maximum you thought he would be worth? 

Can I also ask,do you think seeing him play live gives you some insight others don't have? 

1. Impossible question, but IMO at the time I thought £5 would have been about right. Given transfer inflation and his improved form and experience, the £20m Fulham are asking isn't unreasoanble. He's not the finished article yet either. 

2. Yes. Silly question. 

2 minutes ago, jim mk2 said:

1. Impossible question, but IMO at the time I thought £5 would have been about right. Given transfer inflation and his improved form and experience, the £20m Fulham are asking isn't unreasoanble. He's not the finished article yet either. 

2. Yes. Silly question. 

Absurd that any tier 2 player could be worth £20m. It's no wonder football is broken.

Just because your club are vauling you at x amount doesn't mean you are worth x amount, Fulham aren't exactly in need of money, are they? £20 million players don't go missing against teams like Rovers. Of course the lad is very talented, no one thought he wasn't, it was just a matter of if he had the consistency or not.

Bristol up next for us. We're on a bad, two draws against relegation candidates, with a third up next. I can see them turning us over, then us demolishing Leeds the following Saturday. Funny old game this football.

• Backroom

Burton put a massive nail in our coffin today. Huddersfield somehow become massive complicit in our impending relegation in the last 2 games!

• Backroom
Just now, TAFKAP said:

Bristol up next for us. We're on a bad, two draws against relegation candidates, with a third up next. I can see them turning us over, then us demolishing Leeds the following Saturday. Funny old game this football.

I don't see us demolishing anyone. Our team just doesn't have that mentality. At best we'll win a match by the odd goal with a couple of close calls at the back. 

• Backroom
Just now, blueboy3333 said:

He's a smug Nobber trying to rub it in. They've got the Robins next

So he is, we aren't playing Bristol until the 17th, which is a bit of a giveaway...

Saying that, I don't see them demolishing anybody either. 

Just now, DE. said:

So he is, we aren't playing Bristol until the 17th, which is a bit of a giveaway...

Saying that, I don't see them demolishing anybody either. 

We need a favour off our much less successful neighbours. Looks like they're bottling it now they can smell the play-offs. Probably why they've never been in the Prem...unlike all their closest rivals. The shame;)

Archived