BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Blackburn Rovers To Net £1.25M If Ruben Rochina Completes Move From Granada To Rubin Kazan

Can anyone recall how much we paid for RR and how much he was sold for please?

I can't remember the exact figure, but we signed him for about £400k and paid some creepy agent around £1.2Million. The agent went on one of his favourite Radio stations to help justify his fee and explain how all Blackburn fans knew they were getting a fantastic player. His sale to Granada was an undisclosed fee, but I would expect it to be around £2Million.

Looks like I was somewhere near with what we paid for him, but under cooked the fee for the agent a little. No wonder Coyle has never heard of him!

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/article-2030832/Nick-Harris-Agent-paid-1-65m-deal-player-cost-400-000.html

Blackburn Rovers to net £1.25m if Ruben Rochina completes move from Granada to Rubin Kazan

SEM/Kentaro will be routing that cheque through their Panama office before it disappears into thin air, BRFC don't get a look in.

Rochina wanting to leave cos he wasnt going to be 1st choice.

We had Rhodes, Gestede and King at the time

And we still started games with 2 of those on the bench and Chris Brown up front.

Good old Gaz.

SEM/Kentaro will be routing that cheque through their Panama office before it disappears into thin air, BRFC don't get a look in.

Exactly.

Rovers aren't seeing a penny of this money.

Its either off into a slimey agents pocket or paying for half of one of Bala's parties.

Always liked Rubén, always had it in him to produce a moment of magic but at the same time I remember a few occasions where he tried to take on about 5 players on the edge of our box haha. If the kid had a football brain he'd have been unreal. Maybe that would have come with the right coaching but Gaz obviously wanted to stick with Chris brown which is understandable. Haha! Let's just hope we have a sell on clause for Formica as well I'm sure he'll be getting sold for 10 million as well soon enough 😂

the facts are he was rubbish in two out of three games .

I don't see Browny, CKR, and co being sold for 10 mill euros

It was obvious that he had talent and would improve. That obviously wasn't what stability was about though.

Judging by the odd circumstances surrounding Formica & Rochina I think the main reason we wanted them out was wages they were probably on. Or it could have been those with a vested interest just looking to move them on as was probably always the plan, remember the %'s.

They were supposed to be showcasing their talents in the Prem and sending their value up but that went south with relegation.

I don't see Browny, CKR, and co being sold for 10 mill euros

It was obvious that he had talent and would improve. That obviously wasn't what stability was about though.

Do you think he'd have improved here? I always got the impression he was shackled a bit in English football. I think most managers saw he had plenty of ability but he couldn't follow instructions for the good of the team. Not entirely his fault of course. It just so happened he played under some conservative managers. Early doors but I reckon a manager like Coyle might have got a tune out of him. Just because he values attack over defence. Ultimately I reckon the result would have been similar for the side as a whole.

Good point, I think with someone like him you've just got to let him go and have a go. Drill into him to get back when he loses the ball etc but just get him in good positions a do his stuff. Enhance the guy although he was frustrating. All the talent in the world at his feet but no football between his ears at all.

Still with the right gaffer and a bit longer maybe he could have shined in this league although like other kickaballs he's only really suited to a more forgiving more relaxed league of footy.

This has got to be a joke surely? magic agents at work?

I saw him play numerous times last season and he was ok but nothing special, now he's on the brink of a £10m move to Russia?

If it doesn't makes sense :rock:

Archived