BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Transfers Part 2

Tom

• Replies 13.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think the only real scouting done at Rovers in Venky's time was under Bowyer. Appleton put stuff in place but got sacked. I really think they just scroll through whatever a certain set of agents come up with and don't look any further than that. That's why they prefer the Coyle type of manager........

Very true.

Bowyer used his dad aswell.

But I guess football is moving away from scouting based system to when Agents has more power in the game now.

Plus we need to put in place a proper structure through the entire club but that will only happen when we get new owners.

Like CEO running the club with a director of football in place and head coach/manager under him.

Very true.

Bowyer used his dad aswell.

But I guess football is moving away from scouting based system to when Agents has more power in the game now.

Plus we need to put in place a proper structure through the entire club but that will only happen when we get new owners

Quite liked the Brentford approach of "moneyball" but since Dean Smith has come in it appears to have been dropped.

Yes but at least the agent identified players good enough for Blackburn in the likes of Gestede, Conway, Marshy, Cairney, Steele. I know he dropped one with Anton Forrester but at least he managed to make some dough on them.

Take your minds back to Formica, Rochina, Vukcevic, Dann, Modeste, Orr, Gomes, Murphy, Etuhu and ask yourself how much we made then?

If anything the first agent deserves a little bit of credit.

Some cash was made on the Formica deal a lot of fingers in that pie , Rochina was a agent earner so were the rest.....if you get a cut out of a transfer fee , a loan fee or a wage...it was win win for the agents as it always is............

The strange thing for me is that Wes Brown is still training with the club.

Free's can sign on up until November.

Now we've signed the "Crowd Pleasers" Suspect he will be signed up over the next week.

Not bad to have in and around the place but wages for that and i think his days are behind him. Would welcome his winning mentality as a coach at the club though.

With Marshall staying and potential Rhodes and Cairney sell on clauses to come down the line I have a funny feeling the V's are here to stay.

Yeah out of spite, nothing else makes any sense.

So its apparent no one with any sense wanted to come here or wanted to play for Coyle... Even Swansea wouldn't let crappy Marvin Emnes come for too long.

Seems Marsh is willing to run his contract down, bet he already knows who he's going to. Sort of glad because it means no cash for those divs.

There was a certain scout here when GB was here he was a agent not the one we cant mention but someone from the same mould/school ( they all @#/? in the same pot if you get my drift ) anyone thinking good old Gaz went out and found some gems out of thin air needs to give their heads a shake ..he aint finding them gems on Blackpool beach at the moment is he ???

A certain poster on here as been vilified for keep banging on about a scouse mafia....work it out

BTW Jal was bang on the money even though a bit cryptic anyone doing their homework would know just cross the dots easy even without being ITK

Did he have a hand in all the other scouse mafia flooding the club I wonder ?

Of course Guthrie is still here. Who would take him? It stinks, the lot of it. Marshall is still here - is he going to wind his contract down and go for free? What is with the amount of loans and freebies? We have spent the least amount of money in the Championship. I'm sick to my back teeth of hearing about this @#/? FFP. Yes, we can't expect the outlay we had when we were a Prem outfit but how are clubs like Burton, Rotherham, Cardiff, Wigan et al all spending more than us?!!!

We are being treated for bloody fools by The Spreadsheet and King Rat v2.

Blackburn Rovers: We will look after your kids for the year and take care of the elderly.

Who was the forth then? Swear he was looking at a young pacey forward too but we've ended up with an ageing Emnes?

Move on...? Pardon?

Young pacey striker didnt happen. Just like the right back.

I did post Nicko's tweet explained about it..

Brown 4th player

Brentford have got a quality little player in Rico Henry for 1.5 mil. Exactly the type of player we need too.

Yes just 6 times our total budget - we got 12 for £250k.

How can we ever compete with massive clubs like Brentford who are prepared to splash the cash??

Of course Guthrie is still here. Who would take him? It stinks, the lot of it. Marshall is still here - is he going to wind his contract down and go for free? What is with the amount of loans and freebies? We have spent the least amount of money in the Championship. I'm sick to my back teeth of hearing about this @#/? FFP. Yes, we can't expect the outlay we had when we were a Prem outfit but how are clubs like Burton, Rotherham, Cardiff, Wigan et al all spending more than us?!!!

We are being treated for bloody fools by The Spreadsheet and King Rat v2.

Blackburn Rovers: We will look after your kids for the year and take care of the elderly.

#venkysout

Emnes, last year of his contract. Swansea maybe want to get him out to a new club in January in lieu of a permanent deal. Another player who we are doing a PL club a favour in helping run down their contract. Last scored in 2013/14 and played 3 games in last 2 years. No idea what he's like but not expecting much from any of outcry PL dud loans.

What evidence is there that Bowyer actually watched his signings? I suggest he did what virtually every other manager does in the circumstances - got on the phone to as many managers as possible and ask if they have players they might consider loaning/releasing. Chances are most aren't up to much, but the odds are that a small fraction do well enough to sell on at a profit.

Don't think Bowyer did any more than that.

I was thinking more his old man and best pal Tommy and co doing a bit. Seems agents were supplying then though and no wonder with the amount he signed. Just highlighting that was probably the only effort at a scouting network we've had in the 6 years since the agents took over the club.

Probably another reason why someone somewhere got Gaz and the boys out despite him fitting Venkys remit if not the fans.

I was thinking more his old man and best pal Tommy and co doing a bit. Seems agents were supplying then though and no wonder with the amount he signed. Just highlighting that was probably the only effort at a scouting network we've had in the 6 years since the agents took over the club.

Probably another reason why someone somewhere got Gaz and the boys out despite him fitting Venkys remit if not the fans.

Least we not forget that the summer prior to his departure he was interviewed at Sheffield United allegedly.

I think that would have been the warning signs what followed a recruitment drive as bad as this summers.

Writing is on the wall.

Archived