BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Transfers Part 2

Tom

Lambert wanted him. Maybe Mulgrew wanted to consider options first, which is why he didn't come in July.

Surely we should wait till he plays a few games until we become his critics.

I'm not criticising the player but the lack of any transfer strategy at the club - apart from sell players and try and replace with freebies and loans.

• Replies 13.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's a desperate signing by a manager who is becoming increasingly desperate himself. If he wanted Mulgrew he could have signed him in July and had him for the whole of pre-season. Instead he went for Hendrie and when he turned out to be a dud we signed Williams on a three year contract last week. That's three possible players who could play at left-back and yet, we have Jack Doyle who was already here and never been given a chance.

Agree.

I also wonder though if part of the attraction is his versatility.

Given we're to have a paper thin squad - and this is a seemingly dawning reality on Coyle (although imo think he is complicit) - versatility is an increasingly attractive quality given we won't have cover through numbers.

Not trying to knock Mulgrew as I feel we desperately need experienced players.......

However, he's 30, and missed 72 games through injury in a little over two seasons. Also he's been available since the end of last season on a free.

And we give him a three year contract on deadline day. Am I missing something here??

ParsonBlue, I agree on Hendrie with your opinion.

I feel Doyle is better option at this stage.

On Mulgrew, I think Centre midfield is his best position. I thought he re sign for Celtic this summer until yesterday when I realised he hadnt

Thought Williams did very well at left back did nothing wrong against Fulham

Why do you think centre midfield is his best position when he's spent the vast majority of his career at left back, centre back and left wing (in that order)?

Desperation signing - Coyle (and Rovers) need people through the door and it looks like they're snatching anyone who'll come (and who's available for naff all) at the moment, regardless of whether we need people in their positions or not. Barmy.

Not trying to knock Mulgrew as I feel we desperately need experienced players.......

However, he's 30, and missed 72 games through injury in a little over two seasons. Also he's been available since the end of last season on a free.

And we give him a three year contract on deadline day. Am I missing something here??

You are not missing anything, we are still run by Darth Vader and his crew

Exactly, there's a reason Celtic let him go and it's not because he's a bad player.

Surprised there's anyone left who gives 2 @#/? about transfers.

Why wouldn't they? For me it's crucial that if possible as a bare minimum we don't drop any lower so that whoever follows Venky's be it a week, a year, or ten years from now have something left to salvage.

If people take the view that by boy- cotting they may be able to force Venkys out sooner and are prepared to take the risk that the Club won't fold before they return that's their prerogative. It's not one I'm prepared to take.

However your constant sniping at those who CHOOSE to continue supporting the team do you no favours whatsoever. I rarely see people who continue to attend criticising those who have boycotted for exercising an individual choice.

From Nixon

Blackburn. Picking up Marvin Emnes on loan from Swansea. Bids for two young players turned down by clubs.

Very decent player at this level

But then one of Coyle's other loans has to drop out of the squad.

I'm not trying to be consistently negative and would be pleased with Emnes, but this constant loaning strategy isn't sustainable and merely shows the shambolic transfer strategy we've had this summer/

From Nixon

Blackburn. Picking up Marvin Emnes on loan from Swansea. Bids for two young players turned down by clubs.

Very decent player at this level

Marshall's late replacement...............................understand surprise enquiry from Hull.

But then one of Coyle's other loans has to drop out of the squad.

I'm not trying to be consistently negative and would be pleased with Emnes, but this constant loaning strategy isn't sustainable and merely shows the shambolic transfer strategy we've had this summer/

Probably Hendrie to drop out.

I'm not a fan of keep loaning players but when the owners wont sanction transfers what can Coyle do.

Marshall's late replacement...............................understand surprise enquiry from Hull.

wouldn't surprise me if Marshall left

our better players being replaced by inferior lower costing loan players

A wee gem, you might say?

ha ha pardon the pun

ParsonBlue, I agree on Hendrie with your opinion.

I feel Doyle is better option at this stage.

On Mulgrew, I think Centre midfield is his best position. I thought he re sign for Celtic this summer until yesterday when I realised he hadnt

Thought Williams did very well at left back did nothing wrong against Fulham

centre mid....?????????????? Charlie Mulgrew ???

Archived