SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Transfers Part 2

Tom

• Replies 13.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Nixon

Blackburn. Trying bids for young right back and attacker. Rebuffed so far. But there's still time. Trouble is its Venky time.

Aha, the backtracking begins.

By midnight it will be Mulgrew in and 3-4 lined up that weren't done in time because of Venkys.

Wigan signing Le Fondre. Preston signing Baptiste. These are the sort of sides we're going to need to finish above this season to survive and what are we doing in reply?

Nothing to worry about though. Chestnut's relaxed about the whole situation. Everything under control. We need to stay within FFP limits. We're going to have some Q & A sessions with the manager to answer fans concerns.

Nixon

Blackburn. Trying bids for young right back and attacker. Rebuffed so far. But there's still time. Trouble is its Venky time.

Ah, so Nixon is now attempting to shift all blame away from Coyle is he?

Figures. Difficult to have much sympathy for Coyle as it's hard to imagine he didn't realise the sort of constraints he would be under when he allegedly elbowed Warnock out of the way to get the job.

Wigan signing Le Fondre. Preston signing Baptiste. These are the sort of sides we're going to need to finish above this season to survive and what are we doing in reply?

Nothing to worry about though. Chestnut's relaxed about the whole situation. Everything under control. We need to stay within FFP limits. We're going to have some Q & A sessions with the manager to answer fans concerns.

The ambiguity of FFP is brilliant. It's a way for those who don't wan to spend to say they can't and endures that those who want to spend can!

When are we going to see all these other clubs enter embargo?

I can't believe we've gone from Kean to Coyle and Agnew to Cheston and things are still getting worse and worse. :(

Venkys incoming transfer phone

phone.jpg

I can picture a very large desk on a veranda in the hills above Pune.

Similar to the desk in M's office in the James Bond films.

An assortment of different coloured phones. A red one for urgent chicken business, another one for trivial matters like taking Kean's wife on a shopping trip, a golden one for Blackburn Rovers' player sales/coaching staff appointments, a black one for Blackburn Rovers' incoming transfers or investment requests.

Mrs Desai far too busy with her day to day business to worry about things like spending money or signing new players, so has probably left the black Blackburn Rovers phone off the hook, as it has been since 2013.

Does it even matter? Imagine trying to sign 5 or 6 players on deadline day with no money. Wacko!

I would argue, 'yes', it does matter.

Given we've recently paid a fee for a player, I think it's likely there is at least a little money available.

A real chief exec and a decent manager would have a hope in hell of making a few shrewd signings to give us some hope of survival.

We have Cheston and Coyle.

Goodnight, try not to have nightmares.

I would argue, 'yes', it does matter.

Given we've recently paid a fee for a player, I think it's likely there is at least a little money available.

A real chief exec and a decent manager would have a hope in hell of making a few shrewd signings to give us some hope of survival.

We have Cheston and Coyle.

Goodnight, try not to have nightmares.

In my mind, your mind and all our fans mind, we agree it matters. But lets be realistic here, for Venkys to release funds on transfer deadline day would just be so ridiculous. No money before, but at a time when its so difficult to sign players, they might say, here Owen 10mill for you, and a handbag for Mrs Coyley. Its just madness. Freebies and more loans is the order of the day.

In my mind, your mind and all our fans mind, we agree it matters. But lets be realistic here, for Venkys to release funds on transfer deadline day would just be so ridiculous. No money before, but at a time when its so difficult to sign players, they might say, here Owen 10mill for you, and a handbag for Mrs Coyley. Its just madness. Freebies and more loans is the order of the day.

Of course they won't, and it certainly would be odd, even by their standards!

The point I am making is that, given the financial constraints, it's even more crucial to have a manager with a clue.

That matters hugely and ultimately will be a key factor in our demise this season.

I have an image of Cheston, Coyle and his backroom team pulling names out of a hat.

Just heard from a mate in the know that we are currently looking at over 100 players from several different leagues.

However, if any of these don't happen it is all Venky's fault but if I stumbled upon any that do then I "darwenfish" am a superb journalist.

Call me Nixon Jr

I think they are playing games here. The Mulgrew deal will be done and dusted. However he's a free agent, so there is no time pressure to get that deal finalised before midnight. It wouldn't make any difference if it wasn't done until tomorrow or Friday.

They are leaving the Mulgrew announcement until later on tonight to cover up what has been a woeful summer transfer window that has failed to address chronic problems with the squad. They will probably announce Mulgrew as arriving from Scottish giants Celtic (even though he's not contracted to anyone) and will pretend that it is a major piece of business done before the deadline, when actually it could, and probably should, have been done weeks ago.

If they had announced it yesterday or this morning then fans would have been expecting more arrivals today, but leaving it until the last minute will divert attention from spending nothing and only adding one player.

Baptiste gone to nobbers

Even if he had a choice you can't blame him for not wanting to come here.

I think they are playing games here. The Mulgrew deal will be done and dusted. However he's a free agent, so there is no time pressure to get that deal finalised before midnight. It wouldn't make any difference if it wasn't done until tomorrow or Friday.

They are leaving the Mulgrew announcement until later on tonight to cover up what has been a woeful summer transfer window that has failed to address chronic problems with the squad. They will probably announce Mulgrew as arriving from Scottish giants Celtic (even though he's not contracted to anyone) and will pretend that it is a major piece of business done before the deadline, when actually it could, and probably should, have been done weeks ago.

If they had announced it yesterday or this morning then fans would have been expecting more arrivals today, but leaving it until the last minute will divert attention from spending nothing and only adding one player.

With Mulgrew's injury history it quite possible he failed the medical.

Archived