BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Transfers Part 2

Tom

• Replies 13.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Let's not forget Nixon was bandying round talk of a top, crowd pleasing, pacey forward that transpired to be Giles Barnes; he couldn't pick a seat never mind a decent footballer.

Hahahahaha. Couldn't have put it better.

Charlie Mulgrew is a decent signing actually. We've had a lot worse.

Is Johnson still at Rovers ? Thought he might have left when team Bowyer went ?

I did. It's certainly a positive if he's still around, imagine if Jerome was still "sleeping at brochall"

Could be multiple reasons. Seems like he have failed to agree a new contract with Celtic. Might have lowered his demands, maybe other options for Rovers have fallen through, og maybe they can offer more on account of Duffy leaving.

Seems like a decent type, but have struggled with injuries last couple of years. Will probably also need to get match being a free agent all summer.

Most likely explanation is lack of response from owners.

I did. It's certainly a positive if he's still around, imagine if Jerome was still "sleeping at brochall"

I think it was said TJ played a big part in getting Rudy and Conway in so if there is a few quid then hopefully he's doing his stuff.

Coyle seems to be the wheeler dealer man though :(

Is Johnson still at Rovers ? Thought he might have left when team Bowyer went ?

Think he is. They haven't announced his departure and I think I saw him at Fleetwood last night, though not 100% sure.

If he's the man responsible for the likes of Gestede and Duffy even these idiots might see the benefit of keeping him around the place. One gem a year will keep the tills ringing.

Think he is. They haven't announced his departure and I think I saw him at Fleetwood last night, though not 100% sure.

If he's the man responsible for the likes of Gestede and Duffy even these idiots might see the benefit of keeping him around the place. One gem a year will keep the tills ringing.

Also - as a BRFC fan there is some solace in him being around, obviously had some success and ultimately, if we aren't spending any money we need that kind of knowledge.

Good job he didn't. We struggle to convince British players to join, let alone Germans.

Lambert could have attracted players from there..

Thats why I did suggest maybe appoint an overseas head coach with a director of football with contacts around Europe. Like Fulham have.

Thats why I did suggest maybe appoint an overseas head coach with a director of football with contacts around Europe. Like Fulham have.

Chaddy we have the Venkys as our owners they are clueless and are going to run our club into the ground. They are cashing in on everything to try and get there money back.

Chaddy we have the Venkys as our owners they are clueless and are going to run our club into the ground. They are cashing in on everything to try and get there money back.

My views on the owners are clear and simple. Sell the club.

But this the transfer thread

did you forget who are in charge Chaddy?

There is a bus parked at Buchanan Bus Station, Killermont Street, Glasgow showing a destination of ''Ewook Perk''

If you are Scottish and own a pair of football boots this bus will take you, free of charge, to your new job as a footballer at Rovers. Medicals and all paperwork will be dealt with on the bus which has a fax machine!

Beer and cigarettes will be available onboard and there will be a motorway stop for pie and chips.

Due to FFP budget restrictions it's a mini-bus so only 8 seats available. Hurry they are going fast.

Edit: The above strory is a complete work of fiction and could not possibly be true in the real world................hence the attempt at spelling errors.

Archived