BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Transfers Part 2

Tom

I'm not sure about match fixing..

Hopefully we will sign some more players on loan.

I was going through old videos of ex-rovers players. Bit nostalgic i know.

This has to be one of the worst misses in history.

A quality striker when he put his mind to it e.g Liverpool but i bet he was upset to miss this one.

I'm not talking about match fixing per se, its more about the constructed demise of Blackburn Rovers and some of the 'futures' style betting that goes on around player transfers, the 3rd party ownership issues of players we've had adds further fuel to the fire on this (ALLEGEDLY)

• Replies 13.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If that's the case why is he letting him go

I think Guthrie meant he was told he can leave earlier in the summer, not after the games that he played. Putting Guthrie in the shop window would be pointless anyway, no one will take him because he's never fit.

A quality striker when he put his mind to it e.g Liverpool but i bet he was upset to miss this one.

Has anyone shown this clip to Shane Duffy and told him that's the way to do it?

Potentially or "dutching" - is it related to exchange betting? I'm not sure who or when it was mentioned but as I said, the conspiracy about potting managers after placing bets in Asian markets is cuckoo IMO.

Just like the "Guthrie played to be in shop window" idea, which is a transfers related topic and just as cuckoo IMO :)

Didn't the article suggest he'd been told that prior to the Crewe game? I've only glanced it, Coyle makes skin crawl.

you do know I got a lifetime ban for calling someone cuckoo..you wont though I bet thee.

I do think some of the conspiracy theories are pie in the sky, but I disagree about the reason for Guthrie being selected.

There were other available options for midfield, so what other reason could there be to select a player who has been told he is surplus to requirements?

It's almost a reminder to any possible interested parties that he is fit and playing Championship football.

I do agree that he's more likely to find a team whilst playing, but the transfer is the job of the agent to move him on. Coyle said he impressed him against Crewe, we've been sliced like butter in midfield and hardly retained the ball - that's with Akpan, Byrne and Lenihan having a go!

you do know I got a lifetime ban for calling someone cuckoo..you wont though I bet thee.

Where have I called anyone anything? If it's my opinion that certain conspiracies are completely ridiculous then what's the problem?

Edit - obviously a rhetorical question because the problem is you are just trying to stir as per!

I wasn't that surprised to see Guthrie picked, he looked our most 'composed' footballer in the pre season game I saw at Morecambe and did well in the game against Crewe, whereas other players in midfield have been very poor. He's a very neat and tidy footballer, always has been, he's just weak unfortunately.

Aston Villa have just signed Jonathan Kodjia for £15 million from Bristol City. That's roughly what we got for Rhodes and Gestede combined!

To say that the whole club policy in the last 12 months has been sell, sell, sell, I don't think they've been particularly successful at it.

If Kodjia is worth £15 million then £6 million for Gestede was a poor return for Rovers.

Likewise the decision to sell Hanley for £5.5 million, when a week before Coyle said that £4.5 million was an insult, is also highly suspicious, not to mention a lot less than we should have been looking at in today's market.

IF, and its a big IF, we got £4 million+ for Duffy with only a year left on his deal, then again, only getting £5.5. million for Hanley is a poor return.

Cairney is going to end up being worth a heck of a lot more than the £3-4 million we got for him. He's now Fulham's star man and could probably fetch £6 million+ in this daft market.

So not only are they stripping the club bare and pocketing the proceeds, they don't even seem to be able to do that to maximum effect.

I do agree that he's more likely to find a team whilst playing, but the transfer is the job of the agent to move him on. Coyle said he impressed him against Crewe, we've been sliced like butter in midfield and hardly retained the ball - that's with Akpan, Byrne and Lenihan having a go!

Where have I called anyone anything? If it's my opinion that certain conspiracies are completely ridiculous then what's the problem?

Edit - obviously a rhetorical question because the problem is you are just trying to stir as per!

Just saying "cuckoo " is a banable offence

Aston Villa have just signed Jonathan Kodjia for £15 million from Bristol City. That's roughly what we got for Rhodes and Gestede combined!

To say that the whole club policy in the last 12 months has been sell, sell, sell, I don't think they've been particularly successful at it.

If Kodjia is worth £15 million then £6 million for Gestede was a poor return for Rovers.

Likewise the decision to sell Hanley for £5.5 million, when a week before Coyle said that £4.5 million was an insult, is also highly suspicious, not to mention a lot less than we should have been looking at in today's market.

IF, and its a big IF, we got £4 million+ for Duffy with only a year left on his deal, then again, only getting £5.5. million for Hanley is a poor return.

Cairney is going to end up being worth a heck of a lot more than the £3-4 million we got for him. He's now Fulham's star man and could probably fetch £6 million+ in this daft market.

So not only are they stripping the club bare and pocketing the proceeds, they don't even seem to be able to do that to maximum effect.

Yes, we are wholesale prices.

Hopefully that's a sign that they're cashing in their chips for an exit strategy.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7yhbUq0pVGs

Duffy would have scored that :D

Yes, we are wholesale prices.

Pile em high and sell em cheap.

I think that will be the moto now in the build up to the next fire sale in 2/3 years after all these freebies and youth team promotions have had 80 games a piece :blink:

Pile em high and sell em cheap.

I think that will be the moto now in the build up to the next fire sale in 2/3 years after all these freebies and youth team promotions have had 80 games a piece :blink:

I can imagine the fees now on the sales. Then think about the fees on their replacements.

What a business

There has been so much on this thread that is nothing to do with transfers that I am actually glad to hear a vague Nixon rumour. I may have to wash my mouth out, or my typing finger at least.

Archived