SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Transfers Part 2

Tom

• Replies 13.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

£1.4 million "agency" fee for a transfer of £400k, yep sounds about right

This fella is asking for evidence lol when was the last time you heard of con artists leaving receipts lying around :lol:

The only way we'd ever truly know is by following the money trail. I believe there is a trail as well ...............

I was reading an article on FFP today and it looks as though going to league 1 could dispel the myth about not being able to put money in.

The Championship rules are different to league 1 in that club can only post £13m loss if owners contribute to club in Championship. But in league 1 it's based on wages as a % of turnover. The golden nugget though is that owners donations count towards turnover. We would be able to have wages 75% of turnover in first year.

Ironically this means they could throw a load of money (stop laughing and read on) into the club and we could assemble a squad capable of getting promoted league 1 and championship.

Just imagine the commission on that recruitment drive. If I was an agent I really would be looking for a club needing advice and some talented up and coming players after just being relegated to league 1.

Similar to going down to the Championship and the need to cut the wage bill a bit and also all those players that would want out. Then spending all that lovely parachute money on new recruits, then the offers to pay them off and all the percentages on loans and freebies bunging the holes on the way.

The vehicle keeps on moving towards phase 3 of the scam ! No wonder fans are irrelevant when you think of tv money and transfer fees and percentages. Matchday income is a tiny drop when millions are changing hands every few months.

Of course a change of manager could be the difference between relegation and stopping up. Lamberts squad at the end of last season was not much different from Coyles at the start of this season. Only Hanley was the major omission yet our organisation and general performance was far lower than towards the end of last season.

To suggest a better manager couldn't have got more than 1 point this season is obviously bull.

Some people know that Coyle staying as manager means we lose more games which means a more angry fan base. This means more chance of protests and action.

Time may well prove they are right.

Where did I say I didn't think agents had stripped us? Reply to the post, not what you think you've read. This was about the owners trousering money.

jzz the betting rumours stemmed from rumours that were all over the internet two days before sam was potted at 33/1 and the rumours did the same script again a few days before appleton was appointed again at 33/1 .

When there is a vacuum of answers, there's always rumours. I've said before I doubt the Venkys or representatives would be using foreign betting to make money on the side as betting companies rarely lose money! Especially on the scale it would need to be after putting 100m+ in. I also said that I wouldn't be suprised if clingers on got some inside scoops for betting because we've made some really out of the blue decisions.

The original point abbey, I don't think we should be worrying or suggesting about betting or asset stripping, especially when there is evidence to point to agents scamming a club and a billionaire, whilst the governing bodies looked on! Focus on what's easy to evidence!

So now it's because they've sold players? They've always sold players. They sold Rhodes when Lambert was here, sold Rudy before he got here, all they've done is sell for 5 years. Most clubs sell players. How is that relevant to the manager all of a sudden not mattering?

Back to the original point you argued against. We do have enough to stay up IMO, we just need a different manager unless Coyle improves pretty rapidly. We also need to stay in this division. If the Venky's gave a cast iron assurance that they'd leave if we went down then it's a different scenario, but they haven't.

If you want to see the 'bigger picture' then look at Blackpool. Owners not leaving and now in Lg2, playing in front of a man and a dog.

Relegation would be a another disaster for this club, and if Coyle stays it is looking very likely.

I get the Venky's Out, everybody does (i hope) but what i don't get is that you think plodding on with a manager who can't get results is in any way beneficial to BRFC? Do you want relegation even when it comes with no guarantees of a change of ownership? When all it really guarantees is the further demise of a football club? When it possibly makes us less attrractive to a potential buyer? With bigger debts and no guarantee we'll ever get out of League 1 or 2 (think Pompey or Sheff Utd), thereby making us less attractive to any potential new manager and players? With fewer crowds, less sponsorship etc. and maybe having to sell Brockhall because we can no longer afford it? What division would new owners prefer us in, League 1 or the Championship where we are one good manager/lucky season away from all that filthy lucre in the Prem?

Saying 'Venky's Out, nothing else matters' is incredibly short-sighted.

You seem to be going out of your way to miss the point....

I get what you're saying but frankly you're about 2/3yrs to late.

#venkysout - Nothing else matters

Interesting comments from Coyle in the LT today. Pretty much publicly stating that the owners aren't investing in the playing squad and just taking the transfer fees.

Is he trying to get the fans on board by pointing the finger at the owners? Or is he getting his excuses in early for what looks to be a losing battle against relegation...

He is clearly having a go at Venkys. But Venkys wouldnt even know what he said for them to get rid of him. Same thing happend with Kean. Venkys dont give a @#/?, they are not interested anymore. Its all a game now to them

Take no notice Yoda. That is typical of the way he posts to make you do some work and make a post that he can pick holes in. I have him on ignore for trying something similar with me and I refused to bite in spite of his persistence. I only saw this because you quoted him. I would suggest that you do the same. As usual he is just trying to pick an argument.

Of course a change of manager could be the difference between relegation and stopping up. Lamberts squad at the end of last season was not much different from Coyles at the start of this season. Only Hanley was the major omission yet our organisation and general performance was far lower than towards the end of last season.

To suggest a better manager couldn't have got more than 1 point this season is obviously bull.

Some people know that Coyle staying as manager means we lose more games which means a more angry fan base. This means more chance of protests and action.

Time may well prove they are right.

There is no doubt the new surge of anger came on the back of the Norwich performance / result, and subsequent results have maintained the momentum.

No matter how many times one or two posters repeat themselves, results do still matter, (especially to those of us who still attend).

As has already been correctly pointed out, there is no guarantee Venky's will leave even if we get relegated.

The club will be even harder to turn around from the lower divisions.

I have no doubt that most of the vitriol will be directed at Venky's, but Coyle is rightly not immune from criticism.

His performance thus far is nothing short of pathetic, (with added Keanesque bullshit for good measure).

Interesting comments from Coyle in the LT today. Pretty much publicly stating that the owners aren't investing in the playing squad and just taking the transfer fees.

Is he trying to get the fans on board by pointing the finger at the owners? Or is he getting his excuses in early for what looks to be a losing battle against relegation...

If he did not know this before he came here then why not show some bottle and walk away like lambert did

So now it's because they've sold players? They've always sold players. They sold Rhodes when Lambert was here, sold Rudy before he got here, all they've done is sell for 5 years. Most clubs sell players. How is that relevant to the manager all of a sudden not mattering?

Back to the original point you argued against. We do have enough to stay up IMO, we just need a different manager unless Coyle improves pretty rapidly. We also need to stay in this division. If the Venky's gave a cast iron assurance that they'd leave if we went down then it's a different scenario, but they haven't.

If you want to see the 'bigger picture' then look at Blackpool. Owners not leaving and now in Lg2, playing in front of a man and a dog.

Relegation would be a another disaster for this club, and if Coyle stays it is looking very likely.

I get the Venky's Out, everybody does (i hope) but what i don't get is that you think plodding on with a manager who can't get results is in any way beneficial to BRFC? Do you want relegation even when it comes with no guarantees of a change of ownership? When all it really guarantees is the further demise of a football club? When it possibly makes us less attrractive to a potential buyer? With bigger debts and no guarantee we'll ever get out of League 1 or 2 (think Pompey or Sheff Utd), thereby making us less attractive to any potential new manager and players? With fewer crowds, less sponsorship etc. and maybe having to sell Brockhall because we can no longer afford it? What division would new owners prefer us in, League 1 or the Championship where we are one good manager/lucky season away from all that filthy lucre in the Prem?

Saying 'Venky's Out, nothing else matters' is incredibly short-sighted.

Yep and £30 million in the bank, bit different don't you think

Where did I say I didn't think agents had stripped us? Reply to the post, not what you think you've read. This was about the owners trousering money.

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Balaji and Voldermort are like brothers

When there is a vacuum of answers, there's always rumours. I've said before I doubt the Venkys or representatives would be using foreign betting to make money on the side as betting companies rarely lose money! Especially on the scale it would need to be after putting 100m+ in. I also said that I wouldn't be suprised if clingers on got some inside scoops for betting because we've made some really out of the blue decisions.

The original point abbey, I don't think we should be worrying or suggesting about betting or asset stripping, especially when there is evidence to point to agents scamming a club and a billionaire, whilst the governing bodies looked on! Focus on what's easy to evidence!

Whilst I agree that the evidence points to asset stripping and agency rip off scams there have been a lot of long odds that have happened at rovers bit nowhere else.

Just part of the general chaos or more sinister? Given the long odds repeatedly happening it makes you wonder.

Mind you what sort of club do we support when the defence against illegal betting is that it isn't betting but an agency scam. Only at Rovers...

If he did not know this before he came here then why not show some bottle and walk away like lambert did

if he didnt know this then hes thicker than i thought

Whilst I agree that the evidence points to asset stripping and agency rip off scams there have been a lot of long odds that have happened at rovers bit nowhere else.

Just part of the general chaos or more sinister? Given the long odds repeatedly happening it makes you wonder.

Mind you what sort of club do we support when the defence against illegal betting is that it isn't betting but an agency scam. Only at Rovers...

and another dodgy bet would be chimp head himself ...i think he appeared at 33/1 but not 100% sure

You seem to be going out of your way to miss the point....

I get what you're saying but frankly you're about 2/3yrs to late.

#venkysout - Nothing else matters

You've reverted to dog-whistle posting again.

I get your point, it's 'Venky's Out'. We all agree on that anyway. Hashtagging the granny out of it with 'nothing else matters' doesn't add any real substance. If you've nothing else then i bid to a good night sir.

You've reverted to dog-whistle posting again.

I get your point, it's 'Venky's Out'. We all agree on that anyway. Hashtagging the granny out of it with 'nothing else matters' doesn't add any real substance. If you've nothing else then i bid to a good night sir.

If anyone adds something, you take the opposite view anyway,

Start an argument in an empty room you could

Even in the murky cesspool of far eastern betting, what bookie is going to take substantial bets on a 33/1 shot in a market which will have little turnover and is always vulnerable to people ITK ?

I'm all for suspecting dodgy dealings at Ewood but, trust me, Balaji isn't drawing £330,000 out of his Laddies account cos we hired Coyle.

Archived