BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Transfers Part 2

Tom

• Replies 13.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Let's get one thing straight mate. The players belong to Venkies in every way...

Is that supposed to make it better?

Even a struggling club looks to continue buying low and selling high. Venkys are running out of players to sell to keep this charade going and only communicate when accepting bids for players.

What happens when there are no more players to sell?

Let's get one thing straight mate. The players belong to Venkies in every way...

That should be clear to everyone by now... They decide who goes and for what price and who comes in for what price... The fans don't see a penny. Bleeding the club and fans of quality and value and replacing it with less quality and no value... Whilst some people are still absolutely oblivious to the fact they're being mugged off!

It's no wonder scams are big these days, I'm learning a lot about folk whilst in this situation. Belaji could take their missus up the rear and they'd pay him for his services.

To give an insight on Duffy and family, they thought we were owned by the "Jenkies". Not the sharpest bunch.

THAT made my morning. Bunch of cretins.

Are people really that.......blind that they think the £4m (or whatever the real figure is) for Duffy will go and make the team better? That the money will go into the team at all? Apart from Rhodes pretty much all the money since the Indian nobheads has gone to agents and all sorts of dark corners. Where are the parachute payments, the fees and saved wages from Jones, Samba, Nelsen, Yakubu, Rhodes, and so many other players? Why is the club in £100m+ in debt when all that money has gone through the club? All that is not the fault of some people refusing to buy a T-shirt or ticket for the game.

And yet a few are still having a moan about fans complaining about this and blame the fans for annoying Duffy's dad and Rovers being in this position. Wake up, Rome IS burning Coyle IS rubbish and the club probably will be relegated. The club is in the poo because of our owners and things may well develop into a massive clusterf--k very soon. Again this was not the fault of the fans, who see the results, the accounts and think "something is going to fall, and the club will implode."

Never understand this point of view. A lot of people take note/watch/know about players that don't play for us, they have careers before they come here. We signed two yesterday, one is commonly known to be dross and one will be a decent signing.

The 'never seen them play' brigade, give them a chance, is ridiculous. Like football doesn't exist until you play for us.

At the beginning of last season how many would have said that the team Leicester had put together would win the premiership, my point is sometimes teams and players thrive in different systems. we have had players come here before that were labelled as dross and turned out to be legends Tugay and Friedel are examples, as I said earlier lets give the guys a chance.

At the beginning of last season how many would have said that the team Leicester had put together would win the premiership, my point is sometimes teams and players thrive in different systems. we have had players come here before that were labelled as dross and turned out to be legends Tugay and Friedel are examples, as I said earlier lets give the guys a chance.

That's the first time that happened in the history of football. Give them a chance but you are setting yourself up for a fall

If this were the first or second time that we've completely overhauled downgraded the squad, you'd have a point but to take that line is to ignore the last 2-3 years. That's how long it us since we spent a penny in a transfer fee.

We are being made mugs of!

I can even understand the line of, "I don't care there's eleven blokes in blue and white so they'll get my support". (I think that's naive but I understand the sentiment).

But let's not - at this stage in proceedings - try to sell this as a good thing. Comparing us to Leicester is silly. Look at the quality of squad they put together and the quality, experience and successful history of their manager. The nearest comparison is Blackpool. At best their promotion season; at worst their relegation one.

If we're giving each other advice then maybe you should get some perspective. You're worried about what millionaires think of comments on a message board whilst Rome burns. Please wake up.

I'd respond further but I don't think I can lower myself to this standard of stupidity. I appreciate that makes me sound like a prick but frankly I don't care.

Whether you like it or not, those millionaires are the ones we need to be motivated and willing to play for the colours, you talk about perspective, well put into perspective that if no one wants to play for us, combined with the lack of support we are getting from the owners how much further up sh#t creek we will be.

Problem with this buy low sell high theory is that all the outgoings go against the club while all the Incomings go straight in the back pocket. It makes no difference how much we sell players for, we won't see the benefit out on the pitch.

If this were the first or second time that we've completely overhauled downgraded the squad, you'd have a point but to take that line is to ignore the last 2-3 years. That's how long it us since we spent a penny in a transfer fee.

We are being made mugs of!

I can even understand the line of, "I don't care there's eleven blokes in blue and white so they'll get my support". (I think that's naive but I understand the sentiment).

But let's not - at this stage in proceedings - try to sell this as a good thing. Comparing us to Leicester is silly. Look at the quality of squad they put together and the quality, experience and successful history of their manager. The nearest comparison is Blackpool. At best their promotion season; at worst their relegation one.

I am not comparing us to Leicester in the sense that we are going to win our league, I am merely pointing out that anomalies happen in football. We have seen loads of changes in the team over the last few years, most as you say downgrades and I agree that we are being mugged off, but to write off players before they kick a ball is in my opinion crazy. Venkys have destroyed the club, the only remaining positive is the fans, now more than ever before we need to support the team.

Comparing Leicester's season to where we are is positively cretinous. Leicester have great scouts, hired Ranieri a manager with experience in the top European leagues and have an owner with a clear vision. The players did respond beyond expectations because of these and found a higher level of performance they never knew they had.

We have few scouts, no board worth mentioning, a manager whose only success was a play-off win with the dingles and owners who are dodgy idiots. Our squad has been constantly dismantled and degraded over 6 years and have players who play way below expectations because of the reasons above. It is highly unlikely another Kante or Vardy will emerge from the ranks or happily join the club and if they did, it is almost impossible they will be half as effective as they could be in a club like Leicester.

I apologise if this seems personal, but I cannot understand the 'it might all work out' attitude after 6 years of this malpractice.

EDIT: This post may be a bit redundant given Rhodie's clarification of the Leicester comparasion.

Whether you like it or not, those millionaires are the ones we need to be motivated and willing to play for the colours, you talk about perspective, well put into perspective that if no one wants to play for us, combined with the lack of support we are getting from the owners how much further up sh#t creek we will be.

So comments on a message board are going to help motivate them? Some perspective you've got there... What's the weather like on Mars?

Same old rounding on people with opposite views this morning!

Obviously didn't mean comparing to Leicester, just remember not to use analogies here Rhodir, you'll confuse people.

In terms of the business, we've signed some defenders after starting the season defending terribly. We aren't going to invest fees when turnover is so low. I'm not suprised that people expect us to spend, looking at our history. Need to be more realistic though!

I'm happy we've signed some with potential as opposed to Wes Brown (who was nailed on to sign according to many here).

I am not comparing us to Leicester in the sense that we are going to win our league, I am merely pointing out that anomalies happen in football. We have seen loads of changes in the team over the last few years, most as you say downgrades and I agree that we are being mugged off, but to write off players before they kick a ball is in my opinion crazy. Venkys have destroyed the club, the only remaining positive is the fans, now more than ever before we need to support the team.

happy clapping

l cant see coyle being potted,he is doing ecactly what venkys want,running the club into the ground.

Just buys them time and uses him as long as poss to shield them a bit when attention turns to the gaffer. Sack him before the next transfer window, sell a few more then appoint another right at the end. More money in, jobs paid for and more time and excuses are bought under the next guy coming in.

So what ARE you saying?

I'm not suprised that people expect us to spend, looking at our history. Need to be more realistic though!

A lot of people on here a totally realistic JB but there's a difference with being having realistic expectations and being totally mugged off.

If you rake in 30+ mill in transfer fees inside twelve months it's perfectly realistic to expect a club to reinvest c10% of that in actual signings. Even if it's only to help 'stock the fridge' for future asset stripping to keep the whole thing going.

Yet again the same old wool over the eyes mob failing to grasp the next phase of the downgrade.

Same old rounding on people with opposite views this morning!

Obviously didn't mean comparing to Leicester, just remember not to use analogies here Rhodir, you'll confuse people.

In terms of the business, we've signed some defenders after starting the season defending terribly. We aren't going to invest fees when turnover is so low. I'm not suprised that people expect us to spend, looking at our history. Need to be more realistic though!

I'm happy we've signed some with potential as opposed to Wes Brown (who was nailed on to sign according to many here).

Your posting is part of the problem. Responding to an opposite view with an opposite view is "rounding on" in your world.

With the person you are defending calling people ar$e and d1ck (without censure, it is noted) and still being responded to politely, you'd do well to wind your neck in instead of trying to stoke up trouble. Again.

Your posting is part of the problem. Responding to an opposite view with an opposite view is "rounding on" in your world.

With the person you are defending calling people ar$e and d1ck (without censure, it is noted) and still being responded to politely, you'd do well to wind your neck in instead of trying to stoke up trouble. Again.

Opposite view! Ha. Don't start with that! Same old taking words out of context by a few, you knew exactly what he meant by the Leicester analogy.

I've no intention of trying to stir up trouble, I'm not that pathetic. I'm also not self righteous enough to believe the way I see it as "the right way", and thus that's the frustration. It sums you up perfectly Stuart that you'd highlight the swear or insult post rather than explain why you basically belittled his views, took them out of context and then obviously twisted his words (in terms of the analogy).

I've managed to bite my tongue a lot recently, back to doing that I think!

Get Jbizzle on ignore Stuart, or at least don't quote him. You will find reading the forum less stressful.

If you have me on ignore just ignore me then. This constant reminding me and everyone shows exactly what your intention for doing it.

Archived