BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Transfers Part 2

Tom

Looks like we've signed a right one according to Cryer:

Andrew Cryer ‏@andrew_cryer · 15m

@JamesBaron23 about 700k. Never thought we'd get that much for a third choice lb and fourth choice cb

• Replies 13.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Cryer is bitter anyway so I'm not taking too much notice of what he's saying but the fact the lad was nowhere near their team has to say something. Not one to set the heart racing is it.

Real lack of quality in the team and can't see it being sorted before the window closes.

Tea Time Quiz Question:

According to Transfermarkt, and despite some fans still thinking all is well, Rovers entire current squad (not First XI) cost circa £3.5m. (The last actual actual fee was spent in 2014/15).

Name the 4 players that Rovers actually paid a transfer fee for who remain at the club...?

(Clue: this total could drop to £2.5m this week)

No Googling!

Tea Time Quiz Question:

According to Transfermarkt, and despite some fans still thinking all is well, Rovers entire current squad (not First XI) cost circa £3.5m. (The last actual actual fee was spent in 2014/15).

Name the 4 players that Rovers actually paid a transfer fee for who remain at the club...?

No Googling!

Tea Time Quiz Question:

No Googling!

No fees to clubs for players but I am willing to invest some of my own money at William Hills that there have been fees to agents or to a certain agent?

Den a lot of the arguments were the money would be used to make us a better team.hows that worked?

Just reminding of the facts

No Abbs. "Could" be used to make us a better team was the argument. As it turned out we were a better team from the moment he left, I've just demonstrated that.

Anyway, I'm done.

Tea Time Quiz Question:

No Googling!

Like you said, where is the money going?

Bennett and Ward we supposedly paid fees for, but both were coming up to being out of contract at Norwich and Bournemouth and both their clubs were more than happy for Rovers to take them off their hands early. I'd be surprised if either cost anything, as the 'fee' would have been what those clubs saved in wages for their 6 months early departures.

Likewise there's no way on earth we've paid £700,000 for a benchwarmer from Bristol City, and if we have then it is highly alarming and suspicious. We've been deprived of funds all summer and then they suddenly allow £700,000 to be spent and it goes to Bristol City for someone who can't get in their side? Suspicious, ludicrous, bizarre, unbelievable all rolled into one.

Cryer is stirring it up. He's no more a journalist than me. His tweets are always laced with anti-Rovers feelings and attempts at stirring it up with the Rovers fans who still give him the time of day because he used to work for the Telegraph.

Any guesses on when and where Marshall will be going? We all know that he'll be going somewhere, it will be interesting to see Rovers continue to advertise his availability over the coming days. Alarm bells will be ringing with the people behind the scenes if we get to Tuesday and no bids are on the table.

Bennett and Ward we supposedly paid fees for, but both were coming up to being out of contract at Norwich and Bournemouth and both their clubs were more than happy for Rovers to take them off their hands early. I'd be surprised if either cost anything, as the 'fee' would have been what those clubs saved in wages for their 6 months early departures.

Likewise there's no way on earth we've paid £700,000 for a benchwarmer from Bristol City, and if we have then it is highly alarming and suspicious. We've been deprived of funds all summer and then they suddenly allow £700,000 to be spent and it goes to Bristol City for someone who can't get in their side? Suspicious, ludicrous, bizarre, unbelievable all rolled into one.

Cryer is stirring it up. He's no more a journalist than me. His tweets are always laced with anti-Rovers feelings and attempts at stirring it up with the Rovers fans who still give him the time of day because he used to work for the Telegraph.

Any guesses on when and where Marshall will be going? We all know that he'll be going somewhere, it will be interesting to see Rovers continue to advertise his availability over the coming days. Alarm bells will be ringing with the people behind the scenes if we get to Tuesday and no bids are on the table.

Buyers market...stupid Venky's have played into buyers' hands. Wait for a cheeky last minute bid, followed by an "undisclosed fee."

Tell you what, I find it even more baffling by the day as to why they sacked Gary Bowyer.

The man had an excellent strike rate for spotting players, another profit made on the Duffy sale today.

We all know they had no interest in going up, so why sack him when he kept making them money?

1 thing for certain after all these dealings is that we are going down. We don't look too bad up front, we still have no leaders in midfield and have no quality at all at the back, or experience really for that matter. Oh and no decent goalie either. There is no way that squad can stay up, especially with that manager. We are relying on PL rejects with no experience in almost every area of the pitch. Absolute joke.

Only ones i can think of and the fees mentioned at the time.

Marshall (£1m)

Evans (£750K)

Williams (750K?)

Mahoney (£250k?)

Bennett (£250k)

Steele (100k)

Marshall to depart soon by all accounts. I'd imagine Evans might too as he is a decent player on a long contract = decent fee.

Archived