Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Transfers Part 2

Tom

• Replies 13.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

played this tuesday against gilingham

In a home defeat. Well that's reassuring

Tell you what, I find it even more baffling by the day as to why they sacked Gary Bowyer.

The man had an excellent strike rate for spotting players, another profit made on the Duffy sale today.

We all know they had no interest in going up, so why sack him when he kept making them money?

A last-ditch panic move for a manaager to perform a miracle on no resources and get to the EPL

Tell you what, I find it even more baffling by the day as to why they sacked Gary Bowyer.

The man had an excellent strike rate for spotting players, another profit made on the Duffy sale today.

We all know they had no interest in going up, so why sack him when he kept making them money?

They do want to go up, that's why they sacked Bowyer. He was told promotion was the objective last summer and then the day after they sold Rudy. This was reported in a Guardian article on Rovers a few months ago. I'll try and find it.

Lambert was then appointed and was promised a huge bonus for getting us up last season according to an ITK post on here at the time (think it was by Philipl, apologies if it wasn't).

What Venky's haven't worked out is that it takes more than a change of manager and a few loan signings to get to the Prem. It takes continuos investment, a stable club at all levels and a quality manager, at the very least. Rovers have had none of these.

Of course there are outliers, like Holloways B/pool, Coyle's Burnley, even Lambert's Norwich but the vast majority of promotions are built on money and/or a quality manager. Venky's, however, think the 'outlier' method is an actual business plan. A continuation of this 'business plan' will see either Holloway or Adkins appointed next.

Utter incompetents.

I'm sure we paid a fee for Conway

We did, forgot about him. Think it was £350k for him and Rudy combined.

A last-ditch panic move for a manaager to perform a miracle on no resources and get to the EPL

that's exactly what it was.

They do want to go up, that's why they sacked Bowyer. He was told promotion was the objective last summer and then the day after they sold Rudy. This was reported in a Guardian article on Rovers a few months ago. I'll try and find it.

Lambert was then appointed and was promised a huge bonus for getting us up last season according to an ITK post on here at the time (think it was by Philipl, apologies if it wasn't).

If they wanted to go up they'd never have sold Gestede and Rhodes.

Also the Lambert promotion or bust story was just another club leak posted on here to try and temper fans frustrations at another managerial change in my opinion.

But we'll never know for sure, but what we do know is Paul Lambert would never take on such a task knowing it was destined to fail. It was an impossible task when he took over.

History now though blueboy, we're right in the mire, promotion couldn't be further away.

Possibly the young French lad as the other CB I'm guessing. We'd then have Greer, Ward, Hoban, Ba and maybe Brown if we sign him. That's probably too many so I could imagine that maybe Brown won't get signed.

I would be looking at experience centre back in not BA

May be that Hendrie will end his loan here...

Hoban is a better defender than Duffy.

Gettin so much for a useless player who wants out.

wonder if we sign Hendrie a permanent basis

For people saying Hoban would be a good signing, again I will ask, when did he last play a competitive game?

Played in the EFL trophy for Watford this season 120 mins

Frightening .... as is Steele holding down a job as a goalkeeper

hopefully Coyle is looking for new 1st choice keeper

I know nothing about the new signings over the last couple of days but taking away the loanees we seem to have a squad ready made for league one.

Can only hope like others have said that Duffy (and soon Marshall) will be the last of Venky's mission to generate some money before they get out.

Fingers and toes crossed...

Unfortunately I don't think Graham, Stokes or Evans would /will be staying in L1 because they are possibly better than that and, in any case, their wages are too high for the revenue the club will then be generating. Venkys are on a mission to reduce the expenditure and therefore the losses to as low as figure as possible. If that means dropping into L1 or L2 so be it. They are presumably hoping that by not increasing their bank loan it won't trigger the security it is holding on their assets in India.

I don't know if anyone has already posted, but Andy Cryer says that the lad from Bristol City is more of a CB than a full back and

not really championship quality, more like League 1.

Cryer may be a little bitter towards us, but I fear he may be right on this, I suppose he'll be ok once we're relegated though.

Venky's Out, Coyle Out, Cheston Out.

Cryer was right when he rubbished Bennett so probably right this time as well.

1 match then Chaddy.

And he'll be in peak condition ready to fit seamlessly into the team. None of that pre-season or match fitness rubbish.

Oh, and on a genuine note, unlike a certain recent departure the positive is he won't be deliberately trying to throw games.

Unfortunately I don't think Graham, Stokes or Evans would /will be staying in L1 because they are possibly better than that and, in any case, their wages are too high for the revenue the club will then be generating. Venkys are on a mission to reduce the expenditure and therefore the losses to as low as figure as possible. If that means dropping into L1 or L2 so be it. They are presumably hoping that by not increasing their bank loan it won't trigger the security it is holding on their assets in India.

Think we've enough to compete in league 1 with the squad we have. It's about their level. Not sure Evans will ever be fit enough to play in any league apart from a few obligatory games to get into the NI squad when they have an important game.

Why do the faces at the club go along with this? Don't they have reputations? Consciences? Professional pride?

Selling our best players and replacing them with dross on a short term basis whilst watching a club fail at its sole purpose for existing is surely not a great CV item?

Are these people just made for life and can afford to just toe the line and have a short career? Or do they genuinely believe, even buy into, what Venkys (or their advisors) are trying to do here?

None of this makes sense. I can't see anything but administration in the next few months.

Archived