BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Transfers Part 2

Tom

• Replies 13.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

No Pedro, I certainly don't rate him. However, he's a regular starter. Any kind of decent, forward looking plan, would see competition for centre half places brought in first, build a squad with four central defenders who we know can perform at the required level, then be prepared to wheel and deal afterwards. This isn't happening, were selling first for non footballing reasons then scrambling around gambling or hoping we can replace him. whats the back four going to look like if one of our centre halves picks up a long term injury (entirely possible) and others get suspended or get short term injuries? What's it going to look like even if everyone's fit?

Relegation management.

I get the competition for places and lack of depth thing, but in this instance he is is in the last 12months of a contract, absolutely doesn't want to be here and has had a shocking start to the season. if we were to ignore all of the ridiculous decisions, this is one of the very few that makes sense.

Again, I don't see the money being properly reinvested unfortunately.

I don't see him as an asset, the opposite in fact.

You might not see him as an asset on the field but he's a business asset with the worth of 4 million pounds which the fans will not see being reivested.

EVERYTHING involving outgoings boils down to this. There is no "good business" being done whilst Venkys are on their way to asset stripping £40 in player sales.

It's like watching some business man to choking to death whilst people are standing around commenting on how nice his suit is.

Two first choice centre halves needlessly sold and people are happy about that.

Astonishing that they can't just take one step back and see what's going on. Will they EVER learn? Doubt it.

A bit like those wanting Rhodes gone ? ;)

The irony of dens post didn't miss me either. 20 goal a season guaranteed man gone for 11 million & 35k pwk off the books. Replaced by freebie probably on 25k + bonuses who's so far scored 1 and will offer no resale value of any note.

Why didn't some see what was happening then :lol:

The irony of dens post didn't miss me either. 20 goal a season guaranteed man gone for 11 million & 35k pwk off the books. Replaced by freebie probably on 25k + bonuses who's so far scored 1 and will offer no resale value of any note.

Why didn't some see what was happening then :lol:

I noticed other daft posts, Duffy being part of the second tightest defence in the league = him being awesome. Yet surely that would equate to Steele being the 2nd best keeper then?

We're just a bunch of whingers who can't agree, the beauty of football.

I noticed other daft posts, Duffy being part of the second tightest defence in the league = him being awesome. Yet surely that would equate to Steele being the 2nd best keeper then?

We're just a bunch of whingers who can't agree, the beauty of football.

Well the downgrade will soon be complete so not sure what they can do when the team is finally full of old freebies and cheap kids ?

Maybe we can all stop arguing then unless it's over whether we should then replace that lot with U18's or the ladies team :wacko:

Just Marshall to go, then for the love of God, please just **** off Venkys.

Worryingly they'll probably want to sniff out a million for Evans in January if they can't shift him this window.

Thing is there will always be another player around the place who could fetch a fee. It might not be the multi-millions they've had recently, but will pay a few bills for a few months.

As you say, Evans will be next and they will be pinning their hopes on him impressing for Northern Ireland in the upcoming international break. If he does, and he's still relatively young, then they could probably aim for £1 million for him.

Conway will also be getting pushed towards the conveyor belt soon. He's had a good start to the season, scored a few good goals, if he gets back to his best then he'd fetch the best part of a million from another Championship club.

Then there's Graham and Stokes, who if they have decent seasons could each fetch a million or two each.

So even when Marshall goes later this week there will still be 3-4 at the club that the money men will have their eyes on for a sale.

Then there's the academy. Scott Wharton has ended up in the first team and has looked ok, so if he features this season and next then by the time he's 20 will be worth a bob or two.

The cycle never ends in this scenario....

• Moderation Lead

If a team that finished above us last season and pretty much every other season since we came down buys one of our players and it doesn't set the alarm bells ringing, then nothing will.

Helped out of the door by a very well orchestrated whispering campaign thats resulted in tempering everyone's anger.

Lets not forget:

He scored 2 own goals on purpose - Bunkum

He walked out of training - Bunkum

He removed his armband in disrespect to JW - Bunkum

He slagged of the club and its fans on twitter - Bunkum

He turned down a good contract offer - Bunkum

He left because Venkys wanted to cash in, wake up people, you've been duped.

#venkysout

Archived