BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Transfers Part 2

Tom

• Replies 13.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hoban and Samuelson are good signings. Hopefully the loan CH and CM are of a similar quality.

Steele

Lowe Hoban New CH Williams

Samuelson Byrne New CM Conway

Graham Gallagher

Not a bad first 11. Terrible manager and owners though which means we have no chance.

Give that team apart from Lowe to Warnock, and we will climb the league.

it should be

Steele (Poor keeper)

Marshall Hoban Greer Williams

Samsuelson Byrne Guthrie Conway

Stokes Graham

that midfield or at least the center of the park is pretty soft and weak, we really need to fix that by getting in a tough tackling midfielder. actually that team i selected is one of doubts all across the pitch, and i selected them.

Possibly the young French lad as the other CB I'm guessing. We'd then have Greer, Ward, Hoban, Ba and maybe Brown if we sign him. That's probably too many so I could imagine that maybe Brown won't get signed.

maybe he will, i mean, whats a nice contract/pay day between friends hey? ;)

Williams Nooooooo!

I spend a large part of my working life in Bristol and they've ridiculed me no end today about Williams signing for us

Here's hoping he proves them wrong!

Sounds about right then. I remember Spurr was spoke about the same way when he signed so I shall expect someone totally bang average and not capable of improving us enough to survive.

That Hoban didn't play a single game all last season, let's hope it doesn't take him long to get up to speed...

This is what I'm saying. All of our signings are either past it, injury prone or young. It's a sure fire policy to get us relegated anyway.

City fans are saying Williams is a CB. Looks like our FB problems will stay unresolved.

Some interesting signings and yes they need a chance and Coyle to his credit seems to be working hard to get guys in for the right positions.

Just don't think this approach of plugging holes with loads of loans will keep us up. Still early season but this is typical Rovers under Venkys doing everything last min and rendering pre season virtually pointless again. Blooding an almost new side based around journeymen and kids starting at the bottom of the league isn't a great idea.

Tough ask for any manager and pretty soon we might be 3 or 4 points adrift at the foot of the table. Complete shambles as always.

Hope these lads have plenty backbone because they'll need it !

its okay to get players in on loan, but provided that we have a deal in place to sign them permanently if they do well. Next season, its back to square 1, and have a squad of 10 permanent players, and having to buy almost an entire squad again. that is not ideal preparation for any team, and thats the reason why we cannot get this season going. 2 reasons, 1st being different team everyweek, no consistency. 2nd reason being that we still dont have recognised full backs or any quality down the left and right. If this Williams guy is decent, then maybe that solves one side.

Hoban ok but Williams Nooooooo!

I spend a large part of my working life in Bristol and they've ridiculed me no end today about Williams signing for us

Here's hoping he proves them wrong!

When Gestede signed for us, their fans were also laughing at us, telling he us he was rubbish. I would 1st see what these new players can do, before saying anything. Then again, Coyle will just pick his usual favourites, and guys like Samuelson will just get a few mins here and there, and be another wasted signing

Both young 20s so potentially could work out - Duffy didn't want to be here, despite what others might say about brainwashing.

Is the same chief scout still in charge?.. forgot his name! We've had a few decent deals through loans to purchase prior to FFP, if it's still Johnson or whatever he's called (Tommy is it?) maybe these two could solve the centre back problem at least. Pushes Wharton back though, which is a shame.

Brighton Argus reports the fee for Duffy as "undisclosed, more than £2.5m but considerably less than the rumoured £4.5m" The weasels at the LET have omitted any reference to the size of the fee.

it was never going to be anywhere near £4.5 million for him. Brighton aren't daft. The £4.5 million figure was probably leaked by someone at Rovers' end to try and win over more fans to the idea of selling him.

When Gestede signed for us, their fans were also laughing at us, telling he us he was rubbish. I would 1st see what these new players can do, before saying anything. Then again, Coyle will just pick his usual favourites, and guys like Samuelson will just get a few mins here and there, and be another wasted signing

Sorry Iceman, they weren't saying that about Gestede, If I remember correctly most were saying, decent impact player who hadn't had

much of a chance as a starter, because they had a strong squad at the time.

Most wished him well and thought he may do ok for Rovers.

That Hoban didn't play a single game all last season, let's hope it doesn't take him long to get up to speed...

I seem to think he had a horror injury that's kept him out for a long time.

it was never going to be anywhere near £4.5 million for him. Brighton aren't daft. The £4.5 million figure was probably leaked by someone at Rovers' end to try and win over more fans to the idea of selling him.

This is always the way, the selling club will up the transfer fee, the buying club will lower it, somewhere in the middle is about right in most cases.

Don't know much about these two new signings but, as always, you have to give them a chance. Personally, not too bothered about Duffy going. His head had been turned, he wanted away and his performances reflected this. Whether Hoban and Williams will improve the squad only time will tell.

Bristol fans on Williams...

http://www.otib.co.uk/index.php?/topic/178633-derrick-williams-leaving/&page=4

Just checked a couple of Facebook groups, God knows why. 'Great signings - but sure fans will still have something to moan about', 'great business', 'better than Duffy anyway'. Some fans really do deserve Venkys.

Correct. Head well and truly up their arse. We're bottom of the league, with Venkys still here, Coyle in charge and all of our best players have been sold and these mugs are all rainbows and unicorns... Shameful.

Bristol fans on Williams...

http://www.otib.co.uk/index.php?/topic/178633-derrick-williams-leaving/&page=4

Correct. Head well and truly up their arse. We're bottom of the league, with Venkys still here, Coyle in charge and all of our best players have been sold and these mugs are all rainbows and unicorns... Shameful.

Bristol fans seem to rate him as solid, but the comment about us and leeds buying their reserves brought a tear to my eye!

Bristol fans seem to rate him as solid, but the comment about us and leeds buying their reserves brought a tear to my eye!

Opinion seems to be split on wether he is good enough in the championship but everyone seemed to like the lad. Suppose we need to be forward planning for league 1.

3-year deal for Williams too.

Anybody else detect the scent of an agent there?

Definite whiff of something unusual there, 3 year deals simply don't tally with the business model of the last 12 months. Infact I'm fairly sure the only other person to get such a contract was Lenihan. Everyone else got 2 years at most, this summer the vast majority have been season long loans.

Archived