BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Transfers Part 2

Tom

• Replies 13.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
The owners have decided as a club they will take that transfer fee given hes only got a year of his contract to go."

Yeah, we know. "THEY" will take that transfer fee"

Coyle:

"

“It was a situation I inherited" - Yes you inherited it in July when you came, yet only in the last couple of weeks addressed it. But hey make it sound like there was nothing you could do.

“There had been a number of offers which were turned down. Then an offer the owners found acceptable was accepted last night.

“I don’t think – and I’ve said this to Shane – he’s played at the level he’s capable of whether that is because of outside influences or whatever it is. He threw the Cardiff game. Grow a pair and admit it.

“The owners have decided as a club they will take that transfer fee given he’s only got a year of his contract to go.

“We made him a new contract offer. We actually increased his previous contract by 25 per cent. So we certainly showed willing.Classy. Great move. I'm sure all players will be delighted to know their contract details will be given to the media. Also how does that help with your negotiations for the next lot of players to renew? Oh, and it's potentially misleading - what if the basic was upped but the bonuses were reduced to make it less of a good offer? Berk.

“His representative made it known he would not be signing a new contract. That makes it difficult as a club because, do you risk not getting a transfer fee after that year or do you take a transfer fee, which is a decent sum of money? You are stuck between a rock and a hard place.” Um, no Owen it was you and the LT that made it known to all and sundry that he was in his final year and he had turned down an initial offer. I've heard less pushy telesales people than you hawking Duffy round all and sundry. This is yet another complete lie from Own Pinocchio Coyle. You told the world he rejected the initial offer.

The owners have decided as a club they will take that transfer fee given hes only got a year of his contract to go."

Yeah, we know.

It's more spin though. Several people called this week's ago. We would make an offer which we knew he wouldn't accept and then make out like he turned down a generous contract (we've got the budget for a 25% wage rise?). He'll be getting called greedy next.

Joke.

But we are supposed to just clap along to whatever substandard players they deem worthy to wear the blue and white halves.

We deserve better than a few freebies and loans. When people start with their lazy 'get behind the boys' crap, whose 'boys' are we supposed to be 'getting behind' exactly? Because they aren't players that have been selected for the long term good of BRFC. They belong to other clubs or have drifted in from the back door of the last chance saloon. Derrick Williams on a three year deal - based on what??

It's like we are just trying to get the numbers up. Of course, according to some, we have to 'give them a chance' because 'they've not kicked a ball yet' they 'need time to settle' yada yada. It's like Groundhog Day but we aren't learning from past mistakes in order to break the cycle.

They seem quick enough at responding when it's a sale...

Eggs-actly!!!

It's more spin though. Several people called this week's ago. We would make an offer which we knew he wouldn't accept and then make out like he turned down a generous contract (we've got the budget for a 25% wage rise?). He'll be getting called greedy next.

Joke.

But we are supposed to just clap along to whatever substandard players they deem worthy to wear the blue and white halves.

We deserve better than a few freebies and loans. When people start with their lazy 'get behind the boys' crap, whose 'boys' are we supposed to be 'getting behind' exactly? Because they aren't players that have been selected for the long term good of BRFC. They belong to other clubs or have drifted in from the back door of the last chance saloon. Derrick Williams on a three year deal - based on what??

It's like we are just trying to get the numbers up. Of course, according to some, we have to 'give them a chance' because 'they've not kicked a ball yet' they 'need time to settle' yada yada. It's like Groundhog Day but we aren't learning from past mistakes in order to break the cycle.

Eggs-actly!!!

Duffy wanted to go, made it plain to see by his on field antics, with only year left on his contract, to try and force/coerce him to stay would have been crazy, lets face it he was average, we would have been better off keeping Hanley. We now have completely new options, they may or may not be winners but only time will tell, sometimes players thrive in the right company, price does not necessarily reflect quality nowadays. let`s just see how things go over the next few weeks before we destroy their morale eh.

Duffy wanted to go, made it plain to see by his on field antics, with only year left on his contract, to try and force/coerce him to stay would have been crazy, lets face it he was average, we would have been better off keeping Hanley. We now have completely new options, they may or may not be winners but only time will tell, sometimes players thrive in the right company, price does not necessarily reflect quality nowadays. let`s just see how things go over the next few weeks before we destroy their morale eh.

Bingo.

You are exactly the type of fan Venkoyle are counting on.

This is the venkys era so I know normal rules don't apply but if we had appointed Keith Hill surely he could've assembled a decent squad with 10 million recouped from Duffy and Hanley. We needed a man with knowledge of the lower leagues to bring through players.

If the plan is to buy players and sell at a profit why so many loans. None of this makes sense so I'm probably wasting my time trying to get some logic out of it.

This is the venkys era so I know normal rules don't apply but if we had appointed Keith Hill surely he could've assembled a decent squad with 10 million recouped from Duffy and Hanley. We needed a man with knowledge of the lower leagues to bring through players.

If the plan is to buy players and sell at a profit why so many loans. None of this makes sense so I'm probably wasting my time trying to get some logic out of it.

Your going wrong at the bit where you are looking for a coherent plan

Well Marshall has said he wants to stay so that 25% wage increase is just a formality before he signs.

Must you always be an Ar#'e

Only on Fridays.

But your post was such a stereotypical cliché of what they are counting on it's untrue. It had all the ingredients. I was kind of hoping you were joking?

"Give em a chance FFS" - we've been giving worse player after worse player, season after season, a chance and look where it has got us: Bottom of the championship. At some point we all have to realise that we are being made mugs of.

Or just carry on blaming negative fans - even though whatever they do 'makes no difference'. :wacko:

Why do the faces at the club go along with this? Don't they have reputations? Consciences? Professional pride?

Selling our best players and replacing them with dross on a short term basis whilst watching a club fail at its sole purpose for existing is surely not a great CV item?

Are these people just made for life and can afford to just toe the line and have a short career? Or do they genuinely believe, even buy into, what Venkys (or their advisors) are trying to do here?

None of this makes sense. I can't see anything but administration in the next few months.

In the words of Captain Renault at the end of Casablanca..." I'm shocked!"

This was the reason they appointed Coyle. This is the job he came to do.

Only on Fridays.

But your post was such a stereotypical cliché of what they are counting on it's untrue. It had all the ingredients. I was kind of hoping you were joking?

"Give em a chance FFS" - we've been giving worse player after worse player, season after season, a chance and look where it has got us: Bottom of the championship. At some point we all have to realise that we are being made mugs of.

Or just carry on blaming negative fans - even though whatever they do 'makes no difference'. :wacko:

What are you on about, what are you quoting? are you even reading posts before you answer?

What are you on about, what are you quoting? are you even reading posts before you answer?

Thing is if this was 7 years ago I would wholeheartedly agree with your post however we've been led up the garden path too often. The dumbing down of our squad is constant and your comment of "lets see how things go" just annoys people.

The reason it annoys people is that for 6 years we've been seeing how things work out and for 6 years they have worked out badly.

Thing is if this was 7 years ago I would wholeheartedly agree with your post however we've been led up the garden path too often. The dumbing down of our squad is constant and your comment of "lets see how things go" just annoys people.

The reason it annoys people is that for 6 years we've been seeing how things work out and for 6 years they have worked out badly.

Don`t disagree about what has happened over the last few years Scotty, just can`t understand how we can slate players that haven`t kicked a ball for the club yet, as the biggest fans forum for Blackburn Rovers, do people not understand that players will google this site and make their judgements. Duffys` family are a typical example.

Don`t disagree about what has happened over the last few years Scotty, just can`t understand how we can slate players that haven`t kicked a ball for the club yet, as the biggest fans forum for Blackburn Rovers, do people not understand that players will google this site and make their judgements. Duffys` family are a typical example.

#venkysout - It's all that really matters.

I wouldn't slate a player who has just signed however I do understand people who are upset after selling a player for over 4 mil and replacing him with a loan and basically a free transfer.

Duffy's family can say what they like but actually Blackburn Rovers has been a good career move for their Shane. Two signing on fees, a Euros and regular first team football. I'd say the Duffy family are one of the few people who owe the Venkys a thank you.

I really think they'll pot Coyle in a few weeks as he'll do nowt with this team and signings whether he's recruited them or not. Nee idea !

Latest fall guy being used willingly or not to oversee the outgoings we all knew was coming and plug the holes somehow with cheapos. He's all part of the dismantling process and now we'll bumble along and fans will increasingly turn on him, he'll get potted job done. Another cheapo coach or whatever will step in and have to work with what's left but paying for all that will be peanuts after the latest influx of transfer cash.

Scandalous.

I couldn't give a flying @#/? what a bunch of overpaid millionaires think, who jump ship at the chance of a better contract when they've underperformed... @#/? em.

Archived