BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Transfers Part 2

Tom

I think this misses the point.

No credible manager can work with no money - not if their target is to be successful.

Lambert would have totally changed the culture of the club but he needed to be able to bring in quality players. Just look at the players he brought in as his loans and freebies. The first thing was to start to change the attitude and work ethic. This doesn't happen overnight. The players were on easy street and fitness was lacking.

The next phase was to improve the quality of the squad in order to push for promotion. He was ignored.

A decent manager in isolation could only do so much. A Warnock would keep this squad in the league. But he wouldn't get it promoted. That costs money.

He did miss my point Stu, but as i said, at this point in time, as much as Coyle is an issue, he is not the problem as we speak. Replace Coyle with another manager, and nothing will change, because the same regime are still in charge.

• Replies 13.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

He did miss my point Stu, but as i said, at this point in time, as much as Coyle is an issue, he is not the problem as we speak. Replace Coyle with another manager, and nothing will change, because the same regime are still in charge.

That is ultimately , what will happen , if the going gets tough in the media for Venkys , Coyle will get potted !

It buys time and then we will have the same scenario being played out again !

Relegation is a racing certainity but will the Venkys be here in Division 1 ? Difficult one to call ...

No it IS a problem. Yes the Venkys are the biggest issue by far but a decent guy at the helm would make a positive difference. Don't understand why people don't get this! ?

You assume that they employ a manager to get the team playing well and up the league. Even play offs.

Think for a moment that the job brief is entirely different.

Coyle the outstanding candidate.

By decent guy and positive difference you think of football.... not crooked business.

I put it to you that Coyle is doing exactly what he has been asked to do and is doing a good job for whoever employed him.

I think this misses the point.

The next phase was to improve the quality of the squad in order to push for promotion. He was ignored.

Because this was lamberts plan and not the business plan of the owners.

He was only brought in to quieten the fans for a bit.

"After first challenging to get into the play-offs, the club’s position has went and went and, if it hadn’t won its last two games last season, it would have finished 21st"

A quote from the article and it appears that Coyle is having a pop at Lambert. Perverse logic. If we hadn't beat Newcastle on VE Day we wouldn't have won the Premier League.

I also read into his quotes that he isn't handling the pressure too well.

When Venkys arrived, by their own admission they knew FA about football and needed to employ an agency to advise on all football issues.

Nothing has changed in their knowledge of the game so bearing in mind Cheston by his own admission wasn't involved in hiring Coyle...

Who is now advising on all football issues? Who is in the shadows?

I don't see us getting Callum Mcmanaman. Pulis was interviewed after the game and said he expects Lambert and Mcmanaman to go before the window but also said he expects them to get their money back on the two players. They paid £4.75m for Mcmanaman so that's us out of the running.

I wonder, if he is contemplating resigning ?? , that scenario would not be good news for Venkys....

But for we fans , excellent news !

You assume that they employ a manager to get the team playing well and up the league. Even play offs.

Think for a moment that the job brief is entirely different.

Coyle the outstanding candidate.

By decent guy and positive difference you think of football.... not crooked business.

I put it to you that Coyle is doing exactly what he has been asked to do and is doing a good job for whoever employed him.

My view exactly.

I think Coyle's actual appointment told us everything we needed to know about Venky's "aims".

However, I do get the sense that-suddenly-he doesn't seem all that comfortable with his mission.....

If that was Lambert it would be described as moaning.

Ten players signed already by wee Coyley. Demanding some more. At £5k per week he has invested 2.5 million in salaries. At 10k per week, 5 million quid per year and more players to come. Plus agents fees of about 30 million no doubt.

I repeat again Coyle is getting let off very lightly here at this time. One point from 15? Zillions conceded already. I don't care if we are owned by martian's from the deepest voids in space, that is absolutely pathetic and him getting off scott free, simply not on.

Yeah I know, nothing else matters but VenkysOut. But I personally don't subscribe to the theory that it is inevitable we will go down this season as there is some right old tosh at this level with little hope, aspiration, or dollars.

A further relegation would be another nail in our coffin, damaging our finances and supporter base further, with absolutely no guarantee that the Vankers would leave. We are playing catch up already this season and unless Coyle gives a monkey at some stage about the goals we are conceeding we are in big trouble.

My view exactly.

I think Coyle's actual appointment told us everything we needed to know about Venky's "aims".

However, I do get the sense that-suddenly-he doesn't seem all that comfortable with his mission.....

He's playing the Kean card to a tee , he's trying to get the fans onboard with him by playing the sympathy card . Chimp head and ke!! Cut from the exact slimy cloth .

The reason Coyle got the job at Ewood was because of who he's represented by and the fact he'd do the job for next to nothing, no other reason.

Well Owen, not turning out like your advisers envisaged is it? you've not got the tools in the box to turn a cr@p side into a decent one, could this be your last job in football?

:tu:

He's playing the Kean card to a tee , he's trying to get the fans onboard with him by playing the sympathy card . Chimp head and ke!! Cut from the exact slimy cloth .

I have nicked "Chimp Head" . Hope you don't mind.....

I am not quite sure if he is talking to us... or the football luvvies in anticipation of the sack!

Totally OOJW - coyle could do lasting damage by pushing out more players, fans, staff etc.

He's got to go quick unless he can miraculously turn it around.

I also don't believe we NEED money spending to survive, and we'd only need to spend a bit to get the right quality in with proper scouting. GB assembled the main parts of a promotion worthy squad out of selling a few players - if you take the 10m for the two defenders, we could build a brand new squad for a quarter of that.

I'd rather it not be coyle though. I tried to get behind him but reading his rubbish is irking.

We've enough quality right now to be at least 4/5 places better off. This squad is underperforming, I think people should take stock of that.

The reason why Marshall, Graham, Akpan, Steele, Lowe, Henley, Feeney, and a few more are under performing? That's Owen Coyle, not protesters, not selling players.

They are being used in a system that's not suiting them, working or even understood.

I appreciate a few on that list have never been great players but all are capable of playing in the correct system. Henley looked like he's gone back in time or had some sort of memory loss - he's nowhere near the inconsistent average player he once was.... Lowe has been dogged by injuries so I'd give him time to get back in the fray, but he's not a full back and he's not improving. Marshall has been an absolute disgrace, Akpan obviously hasn't a clue what he's supposed to be doing and the one I feel most sorry for is Graham - he's being deployed as an advanced or poacher style strike... The mans one of the best hold up players I've seen in a blue and white shirt (no over estimate), so utilise him to bring the wingers, other forwards, overlaps and other attacks into place.

Instead we play sweeping long balls in all different directions without consistency. The result is little possession or ever being in the place to have chances.

Spending 2 million on a centre mid won't change that.

We need a rethink. If we lose twice more, I'll be audibly calling for the idiots head at the Rotherham game.

And too many analyse his words in depth looking for hope where there is clearly none.

PR BS for the masses.

Hook Line & Stinker

Spot on. Coyle is an integral part of the charade...the stand out candidate. Another Mr. Positive to front up the store where the 'For Sale' signs are plastered everywhere. Coyle's latest utterances just another part of the smoke screen. Now what was his contract term.........

Spot on. Coyle is an integral part of the charade...the stand out candidate. Another Mr. Positive to front up the store where the 'For Sale' signs are plastered everywhere. Coyle's latest utterances just another part of the smoke screen. Now what was his contract term.........

Exactamonto

There are only 2 possible scenarios for his latest words.

Scenario 1

Frustration at wanting commitment of more money to buy better players etc as his words say.

Note he won't get that, so should follow his integrity and walk soon...yeah right folks.

Scenario 2

Smoke screen BS.

It simply cannot be the former as he knew exactly what has gone on here and what role he was taking on.

Kean mk2

Hook Line & Stinker

Posted Today, 11:00 AM

Totally OOJW - coyle could do lasting damage by pushing out more players, fans, staff etc.

He's got to go quick unless he can miraculously turn it around.

I also don't believe we NEED money spending to survive, and we'd only need to spend a bit to get the right quality in with proper scouting. GB assembled the main parts of a promotion worthy squad out of selling a few players - if you take the 10m for the two defenders, we could build a brand new squad for a quarter of that.

I'd rather it not be coyle though. I tried to get behind him but reading his rubbish is irking.

We've enough quality right now to be at least 4/5 places better off. This squad is underperforming, I think people should take stock of that.

The reason why Marshall, Graham, Akpan, Steele, Lowe, Henley, Feeney, and a few more are under performing? That's Owen Coyle, not protesters, not selling players.

They are being used in a system that's not suiting them, working or even understood.

I appreciate a few on that list have never been great players but all are capable of playing in the correct system. Henley looked like he's gone back in time or had some sort of memory loss - he's nowhere near the inconsistent average player he once was.... Lowe has been dogged by injuries so I'd give him time to get back in the fray, but he's not a full back and he's not improving. Marshall has been an absolute disgrace, Akpan obviously hasn't a clue what he's supposed to be doing and the one I feel most sorry for is Graham - he's being deployed as an advanced or poacher style strike... The mans one of the best hold up players I've seen in a blue and white shirt (no over estimate), so utilise him to bring the wingers, other forwards, overlaps and other attacks into place.

Instead we play sweeping long balls in all different directions without consistency. The result is little possession or ever being in the place to have chances.

Spending 2 million on a centre mid won't change that.

We need a rethink. If we lose twice more, I'll be audibly calling for the idiots head at the Rotherham game.

The club is not going to see any of the 10 million quid, it is going to be trousered by The Rao's and agents

The reason Coyle got the job at Ewood was because of who he's represented by and the fact he'd do the job for next to nothing, no other reason.

Well Owen, not turning out like your advisers envisaged is it? you've not got the tools in the box to turn a cr@p side into a decent one, could this be your last job in football?

:tu:

I reckon he ain't doing it cheap , I think there's plenty of "bonuses " still to be had

Archived