BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Transfers Part 2

Tom

We've gone from asset stripping (but not asset stripping....) to spread betting on managers, and now we are onto paranoid suggestions about team being picked to sell players? Managers will make their own decisions. See this as defending Coyle (if you are insanely childish), but its just the reality. The article doesn't say "they told me I could go then said play well here so we can flog you". It essentially says he was "not needed" but got a chance after getting on the pitch after a few injuries and poor performances - against Crewe, and to be honest thats the way it should be! Suggesting we haven't played Evans to "wrap in cotton", "show off at international" and then sell him? But doing the opposite with Marshall and Duffy, ie playing them is an attempt to do the same thing? Come of it lads, ridiculous. Get the story straight.

As JHR points out - hes not played for ages, theres no way he is in front of Akpan, Lenihan, Evans and now Byrne. Common sense says get rid if you can. Why take this as an example of "mischief" when the reality is pretty stark?

Do you not think a few others may have be told the same under Lambert? I do.

So why then does he start? Byrne has done ok - a poor game or two and a few positive performances as well so why then is he suddenly dropped in favour of Guthrie? Or if it's defensive stability we want then why wasn't Lenihan played instead? And if all of the other options other than the continually injured Evans were dropped because of form, why is Lowe still at rb, why Steele in goal, why Akpan?

When logic and reasoning is applied there's no way Guthrie started for footballing reasons. And that's before you consider the previous form/goings on at the club.

• Replies 13.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ultimately if regular, honest communication was forthcoming from those actually making the decisions, there'd be no need for any speculation, assumptions or conspiracy theories.

True that! Thing is it's still worth utilising common sense - the bookies one for example, hasta is spot on, bookies don't lose cash!

Most clubs, when they have a player on the books who is surplus to requirements and want to get rid of, put that player in the reserves and bring in players they do want to the starting 11.

It seems at Rovers we do the opposite, and those players who we actively want rid of are given starting positions in the team. See Shane Duffy, Ben Marshall and now Danny Guthrie as examples. Duffy and Marshall have been on the 'exit list' for some time now as 'assets' that the club wants to cash in on quickly.

Even to the possible detriment of results, performances and wider team spirit, Duffy was included in the starting line up every match before he was eventually sold. Even after his calamity performance against Cardiff, when he 'earned' pantomime act status after his 3 own goals in 2 games and a red card to boot, he was straight back into the team against Crewe in the League Cup.

Marshall has also had a very poor start to the season. Some will blame him for 'having his head turned', I prefer the theory that, like Guthrie, he has either been told or knows full well that the club are trying to get rid of him and he's on his way as soon as a concrete bid comes in. Hardly surprising if a players attitude and performances deteriorate when the club are doing all they can to sell you whilst pretending to want to keep you to try and keep the fans on side. Does anyone really believe that Venkys offered him and Duffy improved terms?

We've gone from asset stripping (but not asset stripping....) to spread betting on managers, and now we are onto paranoid suggestions about team being picked to sell players? Managers will make their own decisions. See this as defending Coyle (if you are insanely childish), but its just the reality. The article doesn't say "they told me I could go then said play well here so we can flog you". It essentially says he was "not needed" but got a chance after getting on the pitch after a few injuries and poor performances - against Crewe, and to be honest thats the way it should be! Suggesting we haven't played Evans to "wrap in cotton", "show off at international" and then sell him? But doing the opposite with Marshall and Duffy, ie playing them is an attempt to do the same thing? Come of it lads, ridiculous. Get the story straight.

As JHR points out - hes not played for ages, theres no way he is in front of Akpan, Lenihan, Evans and now Byrne. Common sense says get rid if you can. Why take this as an example of "mischief" when the reality is pretty stark?

Do you not think a few others may have be told the same under Lambert? I do.

spread betting ? that's a new one ,do elaborate.

What if you're laying other bets?

I am doing ok doing this shhhh...paying a credit card :)

So playing Guthrie on Saturday was to get him in the shop window just shows how our club as been ruined by the Venkys.

I hope Coyle is not expecting his 10 million he wants to spend before the window shuts tomorrow. League 1 here we come folks!!!

So why then does he start? Byrne has done ok - a poor game or two and a few positive performances as well so why then is he suddenly dropped in favour of Guthrie? Or if it's defensive stability we want then why wasn't Lenihan played instead? And if all of the other options other than the continually injured Evans were dropped because of form, why is Lowe still at rb, why Steele in goal, why Akpan?

When logic and reasoning is applied there's no way Guthrie started for footballing reasons. And that's before you consider the previous form/goings on at the club.

We haven't won a league game all season, there's your logic for Guthrie getting a chance in the cup.

Same logic goes with why Raya started the cup game in terms of your reference to Steele.

As for Lowe, do we have another right back? I know Henley is but he's been so poor at left back i couldn't see him getting a sniff.

I'm as dismayed as you by the ownership, and I have as many doubts in coyle as anyone but as Mike E said - can't wait till the window shuts so this "picked for non footballing reasons" amongst other transfer conspiracies go away.

spread betting ? that's a new one ,do elaborate.

I am doing ok doing this shhhh...paying a credit card :)

spread betting is betting on a few different scenarios like, didn't someone suggest that's how they did it? Have lots of little bets on different outcomes?

Lay betting is just taking a bet as opposed to putting on one.

Jump season short priced favourites are food and drink for lay betting :)

spread betting is betting on a few different scenarios like, didn't someone suggest that's how they did it? Have lots of little bets on different outcomes?

I know what they are .. I'm asking you were you have heard spread betting rumours as its first I've heard it regarding the tossers in india

I know what they are .. I'm asking you were you have heard spread betting rumours as its first I've heard it regarding the tossers in india

On here mate. The only place I've seen rumours about betting is on here.

Here is the Championship spread betting points market. If we still have Coyle as manger by the turn of the year, the points total could be a record low for Rovers, even taking the old two points for a win, into consideration.

http://www.sportingindex.com/spread-betting/football/domestic-championship/group_a.0a3c8e51-1f3c-4d4b-84cb-bd13d3debfdd/championship-points-2016-17

No it isn't. Spread betting is a form of betting in which the bettor wins or loses money according to the margin by which the value of a particular outcome varies from the spread of expected values quoted by the bookmaker. Is what you're describing 'hedging'?

Meanwhile, back at transfers.......

Maybe he played Guthrie on Saturday because he came on against Crewe and looked a class above anything we have seen this season...? Not everything needs to have a conspiracy behind it.

If that's the case why is he letting him go

I think there are a number of is who have suspicions about asian betting markets and the potential for making money on Rovers if you were in the know.

I'm not sure about match fixing..

Hopefully we will sign some more players on loan.

I was going through old videos of ex-rovers players. Bit nostalgic i know.

This has to be one of the worst misses in history.

A quality striker when he put his mind to it e.g Liverpool but i bet he was upset to miss this one.

No it isn't. Spread betting is a form of betting in which the bettor wins or loses money according to the margin by which the value of a particular outcome varies from the spread of expected values quoted by the bookmaker. Is what you're describing 'hedging'?

Meanwhile, back at transfers.......

Potentially or "dutching" - is it related to exchange betting? I'm not sure who or when it was mentioned but as I said, the conspiracy about potting managers after placing bets in Asian markets is cuckoo IMO.

Just like the "Guthrie played to be in shop window" idea, which is a transfers related topic and just as cuckoo IMO :)

If that's the case why is he letting him go

Didn't the article suggest he'd been told that prior to the Crewe game? I've only glanced it, Coyle makes skin crawl.

Potentially or "dutching" - is it related to exchange betting? I'm not sure who or when it was mentioned but as I said, the conspiracy about potting managers after placing bets in Asian markets is cuckoo IMO.

Just like the "Guthrie played to be in shop window" idea, which is a transfers related topic and just as cuckoo IMO :)

Didn't the article suggest he'd been told that prior to the Crewe game? I've only glanced it, Coyle makes skin crawl.

I do think some of the conspiracy theories are pie in the sky, but I disagree about the reason for Guthrie being selected.

There were other available options for midfield, so what other reason could there be to select a player who has been told he is surplus to requirements?

It's almost a reminder to any possible interested parties that he is fit and playing Championship football.

Here is the Championship spread betting points market. If we still have Coyle as manger by the turn of the year, the points total could be a record low for Rovers, even taking the old two points for a win, into consideration.

http://www.sportingindex.com/spread-betting/football/domestic-championship/group_a.0a3c8e51-1f3c-4d4b-84cb-bd13d3debfdd/championship-points-2016-17

I think we had made records many things these few seasons with venkys so maybe we can make record for that season only few win and relegated

venkys out!

Archived