BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Transfers Part 2

Tom

What are Todd Kane, Henry and baptiste up to these days, all 3 would be welcomed back on my view

Todd Kane went playing in the Eredivisie for Nijmegen, apparently Dortmund and Newcastle were interested in him. still at Chelsea at the moment but imagine he'll want to go somewhere like the bundesliga, he wants to be a first teamer at Chelsea but 0% chance of that, at this stage in his career he needs to get real.

Baptise played for Boro in the cup, firmly a squad player certainly not a first teamer.

Henry needs to leave West Ham, best he could hope for is a move to a Championship side.

• Replies 13.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Putting a squad together at the last minute. I feel sorry for the players who are here and haven't been able to find a move.

Laughing stock.

Basically cobbling together whoever we can from whichever clubs have spare players who they are prepared to let out for a low price. No real strategy, no planning beyond the immediate future, no stability as the entire squad will need rebuilding whatever happens this season.

At least Bowyer went about his business with one eye on the longer term benefits to the club. Despite pocketing nearly £40 million directly from Bowyer's good work in the transfer market they don't appear to realise the need to reinvest to develop more.

Todd Kane went playing in the Eredivisie for Nijmegen. Apparently Dortmund and Newcastle were interested in him.

Sustained a serious knee ligament injury late last season. Another one that people were glad to see the back of from here but I expect in years to come will go on to far bigger and better things.

Who's Henry? I can't remember a Henry playing for us.

It's like train-spotting at Clapham Junction. I can't keep up with it.

The one from West Ham who's had about 3 very short loan spells.

Came up on the train to Sheffield the day we played at Wednesday and made his debut. Joined again in January when Lambert was here and then went back after about two weeks.

Who's Henry? I can't remember a Henry playing for us.

It's like train-spotting at Clapham Junction. I can't keep up with it.

Defender Doneil Henry. Played about two games got cricked and sent back.

Signing rejects from other Champtionship clubs is always a good thing,.................... :rock:

Papering over the cracks I'm afraid.

When you sell 30 million plus of players in 12 months and don't reinvest at least 10% of it in a few permanent signings then something is definitely going on.

Hopefully paying off external debt leaving the club ready for sale with much lower overheads. Somehow I doubt it though, just another pocket filling % exercise and getting a lump to service the other huge debts probably.

If Hoban stays fit he will be a class act. I think Greer is okay and obviously Wharton looks good too. If this Williams can do a job at left back and Marshall gets pulled back into right back that could work well for us. We could definitely do with another Centre mid I do think Byrne would be good with someone solid alongside him. If Coyle was to go I do think Warnock would be able to keep us up with this squad. :huh:

If Hoban stays fit he will be a class act. I think Greer is okay and obviously Wharton looks good too. If this Williams can do a job at left back and Marshall gets pulled back into right back that could work well for us. We could definitely do with another Centre mid I do think Byrne would be good with someone solid alongside him. If Coyle was to go I do think Warnock would be able to keep us up with this squad. :huh:

Do not worry Butty,Dumbo will be potted well before a xmas card is wrote.

The irony of dens post didn't miss me either. 20 goal a season guaranteed man gone for 11 million & 35k pwk off the books. Replaced by freebie probably on 25k + bonuses who's so far scored 1 and will offer no resale value of any note.

Why didn't some see what was happening then :lol:

strachan won't play him. Lambert knew we'd be a better team without him. Karanka doesn't want him. No one wants him at that ridiculous price. You see, your argument was that without him we wouldn't score goals. " where will the goals come from" was the argument. The opposite viewpoint, and the right viewpoint is that it's a team game and everyone has to contribute. Strangely Stuart said this yesterday - after regularly arguing that in fact scoring a goal every third game was absolutely all that mattered. Some of us argued that replace him with a better " footballer" and the team would benefit. You said it wouldn't.

What actually happened? Well in the 21 games prior to him leaving we scored 20 goals. Lambert sold him and as he predicted the team actually went on to give much better performances and indeed scored 26 goals in the next 21 games. You couldn't have been more wrong Tomphil.

Last summer though, everything changed. We've embarked on a selling mission. Tell you what though, - if Venkys gave me £11m to invest in the squad I certainly wouldn't blow it all on a championship striker who's all round game is as poor as his.

Sorry to bring this back, but sometimes people need reminding of some facts.

I know nothing about the new signings over the last couple of days but taking away the loanees we seem to have a squad ready made for league one.

Can only hope like others have said that Duffy (and soon Marshall) will be the last of Venky's mission to generate some money before they get out.

Fingers and toes crossed...

If, if, if...............if my aunt had balls she'd be my uncle!

I don't know if anyone has already posted, but Andy Cryer says that the lad from Bristol City is more of a CB than a full back and

not really championship quality, more like League 1.

Cryer may be a little bitter towards us, but I fear he may be right on this, I suppose he'll be ok once we're relegated though.

Venky's Out, Coyle Out, Cheston Out.

I don't know if anyone has already posted, but Andy Cryer says that the lad from Bristol City is more of a CB than a full back and

not really championship quality, more like League 1.

Cryer may be a little bitter towards us, but I fear he may be right on this, I suppose he'll be ok once we're relegated though.

Venky's Out, Coyle Out, Cheston Out.

Maybe one of the contracts says we, need to sign league 1 players while in Championship, to ensure we are okay in league 1. Like Steve Keans bonuses if we get relegated

Archived