BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Transfers Part 2

Tom

• Replies 13.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Rovers11 - I see you have 'New CM' in your lineup there... I've read the posts about Hoban, new LB and new CB, but I've not seen much regarding a new CM. What's the info on that front? Apologies if I've missed it earlier.

Nicko on Twitter says we're waiting on word for a midfield sitter from a prem club (loan).

Possibly the young French lad as the other CB I'm guessing. We'd then have Greer, Ward, Hoban, Ba and maybe Brown if we sign him. That's probably too many so I could imagine that maybe Brown won't get signed.

Ba deal dead. Lens are not selling. CH is a loan deal from prem club apparently.

New player and he's not Scottish.

And no wonder its a Loan...he will need permission to leave his Mama!

Not the right sort of team struggle an 18 year old(?) should be subjected to.

Wouldn't worry about that. He moved over to Manchester City as a 15 year old. Has the supreme confidence (arrogance?) that top players have and will not get fazed by the team struggling.

Is there a limit to the number of loans you can have?

If Duffy goes for £4m, I think that would bring the net spend since we were relegated to c£25million income to Venkys, highest in the league.

They wouldn't have got away with that under the spotlight of the Premier League.

What's interesting(?) is that we appear to be planning only for this season (at best). Loans and one year deals will end and we will have a very small squad. Is somebody looking at it and working on the basis that we will be relegated so why buy Championship players?

As OJ said, the only hope is that they are prepping for a sale.

Hoban and Samuelson are good signings. Hopefully the loan CH and CM are of a similar quality.

Steele

Lowe Hoban New CH Williams

Samuelson Byrne New CM Conway

Graham Gallagher

Not a bad first 11. Terrible manager and owners though which means we have no chance.

Running out of spaces for loan players only allowed 5 in squad on a match day

Is there a limit to the number of loans you can have?

If Duffy goes for £4m, I think that would bring the net spend since we were relegated to c£25million income to Venkys, highest in the league.

Rule 52.4.1 of the 'EFL':

"A maximum of 5 players registered on a temporary loan transfer can be named in the players listed on a team sheet for any individual match"

Nicko on Twitter says we're waiting on word for a midfield sitter from a prem club (loan).

Ba deal dead. Lens are not selling. CH is a loan deal from prem club apparently.

Ba deal not dead according to todays LT. Lens have just rejected a bid(s). Doesn't mean they're not selling.

Why do we keep employing managers who can put two words together? What's all this about in the LT?

Asked about Duffy and Marshall, Rovers boss Owen Coyle said: “As we are getting closer to the window there might well be renewed bids for them.

“As we speak at the moment, no, I can’t say we’ve turned this down or turned that down. It’s where it is.

“Now if that changes we need to be in position that we are able to react to that or have people lined up.

“But the targets I have in mind, that’s still with the players here at the club so I’m not envisaging on this or that, because if you do that it doesn’t help anybody.

“All I’m focusing on is trying to improve the squad we’ve got and if something happens the other way we need to look at that quickly and make sure that the squad has strength in depth because when the window closes we know there are no emergency loans.”

Villanueva looked a world-beater in the highlights of his Chilean club career (or so Ince thought). What happened to him?

If you don't dig in the ground you never find a diamond.

Why do we keep employing managers who can put two words together? What's all this about in the LT?

Asked about Duffy and Marshall, Rovers boss Owen Coyle said: “As we are getting closer to the window there might well be renewed bids for them.

“As we speak at the moment, no, I can’t say we’ve turned this down or turned that down. It’s where it is.

“Now if that changes we need to be in position that we are able to react to that or have people lined up.

“But the targets I have in mind, that’s still with the players here at the club so I’m not envisaging on this or that, because if you do that it doesn’t help anybody.

“All I’m focusing on is trying to improve the squad we’ve got and if something happens the other way we need to look at that quickly and make sure that the squad has strength in depth because when the window closes we know there are no emergency loans.”

Reading between the lines

'We're desperate to sell, please someone come in with a cash bid before the deadline and you can have them. I don't know where things are at because I have no input into player sales, its all done over my head without my opinion'

I wonder whether Venkys know yet that the emergency loan system has ended? Maybe they were hoping to make do this season with 3-4 emergency loans filling up the squad.

The Midfielder is Jack Cork I think, would be a good signing, but Leeds after him and with Monk being ex Swansea manager can see them getting Cork

Nixon: 'Blackburn about to pull in over £10 million in sales this window alone. Now we find out what Venkys all about in the next few days....'

I think we all know what Venkys are all about, the next few days won't change anything or make any difference. If they had the slightest intention of spending or reinvesting then they would have done so in January or already this summer.

Nixon is clearly panicking on behalf of his mate Coyle. Get Owen out of the firing line, because the fans anger is going to be increasing and increasing and Owen needs to be out of the way of it. Ready made excuse for when we get relegated being that poor Owen was helpless without money being reinvested.

Some interesting signings and yes they need a chance and Coyle to his credit seems to be working hard to get guys in for the right positions.

Just don't think this approach of plugging holes with loads of loans will keep us up. Still early season but this is typical Rovers under Venkys doing everything last min and rendering pre season virtually pointless again. Blooding an almost new side based around journeymen and kids starting at the bottom of the league isn't a great idea.

Tough ask for any manager and pretty soon we might be 3 or 4 points adrift at the foot of the table. Complete shambles as always.

Hope these lads have plenty backbone because they'll need it !

Glad Duffy has gone. Utter tripe, bad attitude, poor distribution and the brain of a wasp. How anyone can rate him, especially after his 2016 antics amazes me.

I will miss him frustratingly heading over from three yards and his plethora of own goals, red cards and mistakes. Get gone.

At the start of the summer the majority said we needed to keep hold of Hanley, Duffy & Marshall.

2 of the 3 gone with the 3rd likely to be off shortly, in fact, we will have a clear picture tomorrow when Marshall is struck down with illness.

Stocking up on loans, soon to have too many to put in the squad, utterly pointless.

Awful summer transfer window.

Awful manager

Awful owners

Duffy gone. £4m apparently.

Good riddance to the lanky dozy twohat and look forward to him plying his trade in this div for the next 5 years. He'll start like a train at Brighton but within 10 games he'll be regularly costing them points and blaming everyone else.

Celtic / Sunderland my arse !

I see a very talented but very frustrating player in that Samuelson ... Rubén Rochina mk 2 , a few times in that opening 2minutes of Briansol video a pass was on and held on to the ball and got fouled , having said that he does look extremely gifted

If he's as good as Rochina that will do for me. Needs to be played and not sat on the bench like Rochina was. He was wasted.

As Stuart says the short termism is continuing at an alarming pace. Hence we are dropping like a stone

The loans will either be A. crap and get sent back. B. OK and get sent back because we won't pay for them or someone else will

Glad Duffy has gone. Utter tripe, bad attitude, poor distribution and the brain of a wasp. How anyone can rate him, especially after his 2016 antics amazes me.

I will miss him frustratingly heading over from three yards and his plethora of own goals, red cards and mistakes. Get gone.

I can understand those feelings, but the fact he's going to Brighton, managed by a top manager at this level, and is going to be their record signing, suggests they rate him highly.

I'm not a fan of his, but that's more for his frustrating inability to convert the umpteen headers he wins into goals rather than his defensive ability.

What we all know deep down is that Blackburn Rovers will be worse off for it. That has been the case with virtually every departure over the last 18 months, as our senior players have been offloaded to Championship rivals whilst we accumulate kids who need experience and unwanted cast-offs.

The Duffy sale was predicted 12 months ago along with Hanley and Marshall, so only 1 to go now and the assets have been stripped.

How can the Duffy sale be a good deal? when the cash goes straight back into the owners pockets and we lose the best defender at the club?

Stop spouting rubbish, good job its doesn't matter in the grand scheme of things.

#venkysout

Archived