BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Transfers Part 2

Tom

• Replies 13.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Personally I'd play Wharton as left back and if this Ba is good enough play him there with Greer. Leaves us terribly short but we have to predict by now that Wes Brown is going to come in eventually + flat-foot Ward when he's back from injury.

Right back is a REAL problem, especially with Marshall off. Lowe isn't good enough and Henley certainly isn't. I just don't see any others out there.

We will have to deal with Steele I think.

I don't think we'll get Cork and many on twitter claiming it isn't him, with that "talk of Ewood" constantly barking on about "I know who it is but I can't say I wish I could!!!!!!!!!" crap (worse than Nixon, don't say anything if you can't....) and he says it isn't him. However I trust the guy I heard it off today more than him. But even he said Leeds' links with Swansea more or less means if they go in Cork will go there over us.

Did Wes brown not play right back for man utd and England

Wharton is one of the first Blackburn defenders I've seen that can pass a ball 40+ yards to another player in a long while. Some of his passes against Burton were top draw. At left back he can do the diagonal balls much more. Also think he lacks a bit of physicality for a centre back at the moment but he's only young. Think he's perfect for full back atm.

It is the end of Marshall, definitely. Not shown owt this season to say he wants to stay anyway.

When the club has behaved the way it has is it really any surprise if his attitude/performances have been affected?

I know some will say that he's a professional footballer and he has a duty to put in 100% every game regardless of the situation, however that isn't the way it works in practice.

This club's behaviour has been nothing short of a disgrace. Where do we start? Repeatedly selling quality players and pocketing the money, spending nothing on new players, showing no ambition, almost certainly heading into League One because of it. No effort whatsoever made to keep hold of Marshall and Duffy long term as evidenced by leaving contract discussions until mid August. Club advertising them as being for sale at every opportunity. A club in a state of civil war between fans, staff and owners.

Its hardly a surprise if another Championship club comes along, has a whisper in his ear, offers him a wage rise and a chance to play at a professional club, that players will enjoy playing at, with ambition, prospects, where he will be made to feel wanted.

Selling Marshall and Duffy has been a project all summer long. We're reaching D Day because time's running out and Venkys will be most disappointed that until now there has been little to no interest in either of those two. They probably expected about £7 million for the pair of them and will now be happy with £4 million.

I'm firmly of the view that the deterioration in Marshall/Duffy's attitude and performances is a result of the clubs behaviour and nosedive towards League One, not a cause of it. I imagine in the case of Ben Marshall the club he's at today is a far cry from the one he signed up to in 2013, and its only going one way, with or without him.

When the club has behaved the way it has is it really any surprise if his attitude/performances have been affected?

I know some will say that he's a professional footballer and he has a duty to put in 100% every game regardless of the situation, however that isn't the way it works in practice.

This club's behaviour has been nothing short of a disgrace. Where do we start? Repeatedly selling quality players and pocketing the money, spending nothing on new players, showing no ambition, almost certainly heading into League One because of it. No effort whatsoever made to keep hold of Marshall and Duffy long term as evidenced by leaving contract discussions until mid August. Club advertising them as being for sale at every opportunity. A club in a state of civil war between fans, staff and owners.

Its hardly a surprise if another Championship club comes along, has a whisper in his ear, offers him a wage rise and a chance to play at a professional club, that players will enjoy playing at, with ambition, prospects, where he will be made to feel wanted.

Selling Marshall and Duffy has been a project all summer long. We're reaching D Day because time's running out and Venkys will be most disappointed that until now there has been little to no interest in either of those two. They probably expected about £7 million for the pair of them and will now be happy with £4 million.

I'm firmly of the view that the deterioration in Marshall/Duffy's attitude and performances is a result of the clubs behaviour and nosedive towards League One, not a cause of it. I imagine in the case of Ben Marshall the club he's at today is a far cry from the one he signed up to in 2013, and its only going one way, with or without him.

I don't disagree that the club have behaved in a less than acceptable way. The treatment of our better players over the past few years has been nowt short of criminal. However that isn't the fans' fault and as a professional they should understand that. When you are on the pitch you are first and foremost a footballer and therefore you must put your talents to maximum use, otherwise don't be on the pitch. Both Duffy's and Marshall's performances have been awful and the people that have paid the price have been us, the fans. We, the people who spend our hard earned money, have been let down by folks who pick up grands a week to do a job. They haven't done that job. If any Joe Bloggs went to work tomorrow unhappy with the way their boss is operating and decided to down tools and do half a job they'd be let go. It's the way the world works.

I don't disagree that the club have behaved in a less than acceptable way. The treatment of our better players over the past few years has been nowt short of criminal. However that isn't the fans' fault and as a professional they should understand that. When you are on the pitch you are first and foremost a footballer and therefore you must put your talents to maximum use, otherwise don't be on the pitch. Both Duffy's and Marshall's performances have been awful and the people that have paid the price have been us, the fans. We, the people who spend our hard earned money, have been let down by folks who pick up grands a week to do a job. They haven't done that job. If any Joe Bloggs went to work tomorrow unhappy with the way their boss is operating and decided to down tools and do half a job they'd be let go. It's the way the world works.

We've been let down by some players yes, but we've all been let down by the owners.

Directors, staff, managers, coaches, players and most importantly the fans have all suffered because of the cretins that own this club.

Of course players should always give 100% when wearing the shirt, but when the owners, and from that the club, behave like they have and treat everyone associated with it like rubbish then its inevitable that attitudes and performances will be affected. That isn't even something limited to this club, it has been seen elsewhere. When a player wants to leave or is being pushed out of the door then his performance will be affected.

My performance as a fan has been affected. I'm still going to the games as it has always been such an important part of my life, and I still enjoy the Saturday routine of going to games, but without doubt it is harder to enjoy and really rally behind the team as much as it should be because of what they have done and knowing what is happening behind the scenes. Its very difficult to ignore it. I'm sure the same applies to the various managers and players we've had, who find it increasingly difficult to do the job asked of them because they are at a toxic club and treated like dirt like the rest of us. Their advantage is they can walk away from it all with a healthy cheque for their troubles, whereas we can't, we've to watch it continue year on year.

I suppose its down to the individual on which process you prefer to believe in.

Players want to leave BRFC --- performance and attitude deteriorates --- club decides to sell them because of this

OR

Club wants to sell players --- club fails to offer new deals and advertises availability to rivals --- players performance and attitude deteriorates --- club decides to sell them to fulfil a hidden agenda.

I know which version I'm subscribing to right now.

Might be a shout to put Ben Marshall at right back?

Agree, if he stays that's where I'd play him. I think it's his best position and he sees plenty of the ball which he likes. Really took my eye in this position at home to Burnley last season - I thought he was a revelation driving forward and to cap it all, he's a far superior defender to Lowe!

Talk of N'Zonzi to Leicester for £25m. Always rated him and thought his £3m fee from Stoke was ridiculously low.

The fact that some of our fans were happy with the £3 million shows just how clueless a lot of our fanbase is.

And Wharton would suite a defensive midfield role much more than fullback imo.

The fact that some of our fans were happy with the £3 million shows just how clueless a lot of our fanbase is.

And Wharton would suite a defensive midfield role much more than fullback imo.

Some of our lot are small in the brain department.

They say the same guff year after year. ' it's a lot of money for him '

Wonderful news about Samuelsen. I heard rumours he was headed to Ipswich and thought we should be all over that.

Two footed, amazing dribbler. Will probably overdo things and not sure how his defensive game is, but the entertainment factor is worth it.

Wee Coyley weaving his transfer magic again, what a gem the bloke is.

N'Zonzi was class when playing for a proper manager...

He should rather try get people in positions we need, like RB and GK. But I am sure that Samuelsen will be really good for us.

He should rather try get people in positions we need, like RB and GK. But I am sure that Samuelsen will be really good for us.

He should do both. You do not pass up an opportunity on Samuelsen. Left back, centre back, midfielder and command goalkeeper should be high on the list. Haven't trusted a goalkeeper since Friedel. We need someone who can dominate the area.

He should do both. You do not pass up an opportunity on Samuelsen. Left back, centre back, midfielder and command goalkeeper should be high on the list. Haven't trusted a goalkeeper since Friedel. We need someone who can dominate the area.

Too give Robbo credit in his first season or two here he was decent and there was even talk of an England call up at one point if I remember rightly but since that we've had a poor Robbo and Kean Eastwood Steele and Raya who were all and still are extremely inconsistent. I think Raya could definitely develop into a class goalkeeper but for now we definitely need another in to replace Steele. Samuelson is a class signing but it's our defence that needs sorting big time, hopefully Coyle can bring a couple in then get the boot and let a proper manager do his thing. ^_^

He sounds an exciting prospect, but IMO we need 2 x FB's, 1 x CB (providing Duffy stays which is unlikely) and an experienced CM before adding another youthful, fancy dan type, to the playing squad.

Oh well, it's akin to rearranging deckchairs on the Titanic in any event.

The lad is well thought of. There's no pleasing some folk.

Archived