BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Transfers Part 2

Tom

Nicko

Blackburn. Close to doing a deal for young Samuelson from West Ham. Midfield talent.

Blackburn. Still on with left back, two centre halves and another mid. At least...

I said this lad a couple of weeks ago. Quality all the way which means it won't happen. I'd be happy with him

• Replies 13.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

http://www.rovers.co.uk/news/article/2016-17/martin-samuelsen-signs-3270873.aspx

Confirmed. Neither here nor there for me. Far bigger issues to address which will take a lot more than bringing in another young loanee.

I'm ever so glad we lifted that transfer embargo though. Where ever would we be if we couldn't spend any money/sign our own players rather than relying on other teams kids?

http://www.rovers.co.uk/news/article/2016-17/martin-samuelsen-signs-3270873.aspx

Confirmed. Neither here nor there for me. Far bigger issues to address which will take a lot more than bringing in another young loanee.

I'm ever so glad we lifted that transfer embargo though. Where ever would we be if we couldn't spend any money/sign our own players rather than relying on other teams kids?

Looking like FFP was really a non-issue but helped to mask our lack of funds. Remember all that "we can't spend because of FFP"?

Highly rated youngster but not a position that was a priority to strengthen unless this now clears the way for Marshall to leave?

Which continues leaves a hole in the squad at the end of the season, and Lowe and Henley to 'fight it out' for right back. (That'll be the world's wettest arm wrestle).

It also means that areas like goalkeeper and fullbacks are just not being looked at.

Ho-hum. Welcome aboard RMS Rovers.

I have it on good authority that Duffy to Brighton and Marshall to Fulham. He also told me either Samuelson or Mcmannaman, so guessing it's samuelson.

Also Jack Cork is the premier league coup. However Leeds also interested and with Swansea connection he is likely to go there.

We bid 100k for Ba and was rejected - went in with higher offer today.

good player and i am suprised he's come to Rovers to be honest. I can see Marshall & Duffy being shipped out now. We still need a left/rightback, center half and a steady goalkeeper for us to stay up this season.

And a real manager

I have it on good authority that Duffy to Brighton and Marshall to Fulham. He also told me either Samuelson or Mcmannaman, so guessing it's samuelson.

Also Jack Cork is the premier league coup. However Leeds also interested and with Swansea connection he is likely to go there.

Cork would be a good signing.

As things stand on 1st July 2017 we will have an outfield contracted squad of:

Danny Graham

Anthony Stokes

Elliott Bennett

Elliott Ward

Corry Evans

Craig Conway

Darragh Lenihan

Liam Feeney

Out of contract next summer are:

Adam Henley

Shane Duffy

Ben Marshall

Gordon Greer

Hope Akpan

Danny Guthrie

Loans ending at the end of this season:

Stephen Hendrie

Jack Byrne

Sam Gallagher

Worrying to say the least.

Although, you've inexplicably missed out Captain Fancrapstic.

You'll have to class Wharton as a first teamer now also.

But still having only 10 outfielders is alarming

Cork is a good player but I wish he sorted the main positions out 1st like a rb/lb cd and gk

Personally I'd play Wharton as left back and if this Ba is good enough play him there with Greer. Leaves us terribly short but we have to predict by now that Wes Brown is going to come in eventually + flat-foot Ward when he's back from injury.

Right back is a REAL problem, especially with Marshall off. Lowe isn't good enough and Henley certainly isn't. I just don't see any others out there.

We will have to deal with Steele I think.

I don't think we'll get Cork and many on twitter claiming it isn't him, with that "talk of Ewood" constantly barking on about "I know who it is but I can't say I wish I could!!!!!!!!!" crap (worse than Nixon, don't say anything if you can't....) and he says it isn't him. However I trust the guy I heard it off today more than him. But even he said Leeds' links with Swansea more or less means if they go in Cork will go there over us.

Archived