BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Transfers Part 2

Tom

Aye it was all Rhodes fault the amazing talent of joking couldn't replace him , because King has set the prem on fire these last 15 months.

Didnt say that.

King has been decent in prem.

I just wonder if we played differently whether we would have got promote.

I would have liked to see more of Gestede and King partnership.

• Replies 13.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I've gone right off Duffy and would gladly see him move on. He's at the heart of the worst Rovers defence in a long time.

Posters said the same about Dann and Hanley, most couldn't spot a decent center back if they tried.

If Duffy leaves we'll be worse off for it, just like we ended up when Dann and Hanley both left.

Thankfully its irrelevant anyway, nothing but getting rid of Venkys matters.

#venkysout

• Backroom

hes been awful in the prem.

Ran United ragged and was his teams top scorer and earned a new deal - not that awful.

Just as inconsistent as he always was though.

I'm a little biased granted as I always thought he had something to offer, when he's bad he's useless but like Rhodes even when bad has attributes that scare defenders and has them on edge.

• Backroom

Posters said the same about Dann and Hanley, most couldn't spot a decent center back if they tried.

If Duffy leaves we'll be worse off for it, just like we ended up when Dann and Hanley both left.

#venkysout

I did quite like Dann but he couldn't defend crosses at all. He got shorter when he jumped!

I did quite like Dann but he couldn't defend crosses at all. He got shorter when he jumped!

Never rated Dann but saying that I am not sure he really wanted to play for us ...Railroaded up the M6 by Big club, started off well at Palace seems to be going backwards again , a strange player !

Calum Mcmanaman, because you only need a couple of centre halves, no full backs and plenty of wingers.....

Does someone need to point out the goals against column to Coyle? It's certainly not fair or right for his development to be pushing Scott Wharton in a team at the bottom of the table conceding goals for fun.

#venkysout

That seems to be re-writing history. Dann was all too often poor for us, quite disaster prone until we were well established as a Championship side. Hanley was similar, absolutely vilified until last season - when he finally stopped leaving position to crash into his own players.

Duffy is inferior to both. A gormless calamity.

Apparently Callum McManaman on loan from West Brom to replace the departing Ben Marshall. No one will be left to sell. Venky's getting as much out of the club as possible.

Yep, however because McManaman is well known and is a 'Premier League player' many supporters will lap it up and embrace it. Lets get rid of another important player who apparently 'doesnt want to be here' and replace him with another loan who is being let out for game time who will worth nothing to this club at the end of the season.

Sigh!!!! and no its not Jason Lowe this time

2000 goals conceded in a few games, and we still wanting to sign more midfielders. Yet we have no recognised full backs, a CB that wants out and young kid trying his best.

Currently we or I cannot assess our central defenders. Why, because our full backs, wing backs are so poor the central defenders be it Duffy, Greer or Wharton are forced out of position to cover for abject defence from our so called full backs. This was also the case when Dann was here.

To address this situation is not rocket science but we appear to have no solution. Oh for a Salgado or Le Soux or Keith Newton?

Until this situation is sorted then we cannot assess central defenders because while they are forced to cover they will look awful.

Currently we or I cannot assess our central defenders. Why, because our full backs, wing backs are so poor the central defenders be it Duffy, Greer or Wharton are forced out of position to cover for abject defence from our so called full backs. This was also the case when Dann was here.

To address this situation is not rocket science but we appear to have no solution. Oh for a Salgado or Le Soux or Keith Newton?

Until this situation is sorted then we cannot assess central defenders because while they are forced to cover they will look awful.

Yep, fullback is one of the most important positions on the pitch, strange how coyle has completely neglected it.

#venkysout

We are on the same page Gav, owners out is most important.

But Dann is on warp speed to the championship for the third time and Hanley (who I do rate) can't get in at Newcastle. For me we haven't lost a player worth worrying about since Jones. Rest of them are just passing through.

We are on the same page Gav, owners out is most important.

But Dann is on warp speed to the championship for the third time and Hanley (who I do rate) can't get in at Newcastle. For me we haven't lost a player worth worrying about since Jones. Rest of them are just passing through.

Got to disagree, for reasons already stated, Dann especially.

Rent-a-squad.

We are Blackpool-in-waiting.

The only thing papering it over was the signing of Graham but looking at the rest of Saturdays squad that's exactly what we are. Just imagine it in another 12 months :(

Yep, fullback is one of the most important positions on the pitch, strange how coyle has completely neglected it.

I wonder if he's got a relegation bonus?

I'd take a Brannigan and Rathbone.

Duffy and Marshall will be sold before the deadline. That's been quite clear for a while.

Personally, I'm not too bothered about incomings/outgoings or results this season. The real result is Venky's leaving and then re-building. I feel next month could be interesting. Can't see Coyle lasting much longer and I wouldn't be surprised if there's a 'for sale' sign on the club in Sept.

Archived