BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Transfers Part 2

Tom

• Replies 13.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Fail to beat Fulham on Saturday and if the club, or whoever is calling the shots, had any sense, they would start thinking about a new manager to bring in over the international break. Otherwise relegation is nailed on. Make a change and get a tactically astute manager who could grind out draws and wins with this weary squad and we might just give ourselves a chance.

Does anyone know roughly how much relegation would cost the club in lost revenue? In terms of TV money, gate receipts and sponsorship the impact will be significant.

If we go down the League One then home crowds will likely drop from the 7,000-9,000 we've had recently to 5,000 or lower. The club wouldn't have the benefit of huge away crowds from the likes of Leeds, Newcastle, Villa and Preston, and substantial away crowds from the likes of Wigan, Wednesday, Derby and Wolves.

I would imagine we'd be looking at about £5 million less revenue over the first year. So that's another big hole that Venkys are going to have to fill and there won't be any more players to do it. What happens next? Will they find the money from somewhere? Look to make an exit? Finding a buyer, especially in Asia rather than the UK, will be extremely difficult if this club is in League One rather than the Championship.

the venkys won't get rid of coyle if they are thinking of selling up,that will cost them more money. Duffy, Marshall and maybe Conway/Evans will be sold before the transfer window shuts.

I said on Tuesday night that Conway will be the next one on the exit list after Duffy and Marshall are gone. He's starting to hit a bit of good form lately and is a good Championship player on his day. Someone will throw £500,000 in our direction sooner or later.

Really? I'd be very surprised if they tried to sell up in the next 4 weeks. There's no signs that they will, so what do you know?

I agree, nothing to remotely suggest they will sell. They're getting off on torturing us in my opinion and they are only at the feet tickling stage.

Coyle will sign him then let Marshall go and free right wing up for his boy Feeney then McNamara will start left whilst he then freezes out Conway. Can see it now.

I hope that you are wrong. Feeney is useless.

I hope that you are wrong. Feeney is useless.

We've been saying that since his last stint here. Ridiculous signing and behind what we already had in terms of ability add to the fact he already looks like he doesn't want to be here. Did he get 2 years ?

I refuse to believe there aren't players in league 1 who couldn't offer more than him.

Nicko saying we are close to a loan deal for the young lad Martin Samuelson at West Ham. Was on loan at Posh last season in league one and is a midfielder. Not sure what position specifically but he is a creative type...it would imply that Marshall is offskees I guess.

Doesn't actually specify that its a loan deal in his tweet, but i'm assuming as much as the kid is quite highly rated.

SamuelsEn (I think its an E) from West Ham looked a very tidy little player in the FA Cup match for Peterborough v West Brom.

Norweigan International too.

That said, I think he's a Byrne replacement/challenge, I can't see two young loanees playing in the middle all season.

As things stand on 1st July 2017 we will have an outfield contracted squad of:

Danny Graham

Anthony Stokes

Elliott Bennett

Elliott Ward

Corry Evans

Craig Conway

Darragh Lenihan

Liam Feeney

Out of contract next summer are:

Adam Henley

Shane Duffy

Ben Marshall

Gordon Greer

Hope Akpan

Danny Guthrie

Loans ending at the end of this season:

Stephen Hendrie

Jack Byrne

Sam Gallagher

As things stand on 1st July 2017 we will have an outfield contracted squad of:

Danny Graham

Anthony Stokes

Elliott Bennett

Elliott Ward

Corry Evans

Craig Conway

Darragh Lenihan

Liam Feeney

Out of contract next summer are:

Adam Henley

Shane Duffy

Ben Marshall

Gordon Greer

Hope Akpan

Danny Guthrie

Loans ending at the end of this season:

Stephen Hendrie

Jack Byrne

Sam Gallagher

I think we need to focus on this season and staying up. Worry about next season next summer

I think we need to focus on this season and staying up. Worry about next season next summer

Sam Allardyce (and good managers) are always ahead of the game in terms of planning. He would be looking at January now and have one eye on who will be available next summer. I know we are not a normal club with a useless manager but short term planning only could be disastrous. We are just winging everything on and off the field.

Unfortunately I can't see us staying up and looking at the list above we could definitely do a blackpool and drop again.. We need something to happen off the field

SamuelsEn (I think its an E) from West Ham looked a very tidy little player in the FA Cup match for Peterborough v West Brom.

Norweigan International too.

That said, I think he's a Byrne replacement/challenge, I can't see two young loanees playing in the middle all season.

We desperately need improvements in the first XI, not back ups. So far we have only looked competitive against Mansfield and Crewe (which is pretty damning). IMHO we need:

A goalkeeper (desperately), two backs (to improve on Hendrie/Lowe - send Hendrie back), a centre back (Wharton is still too young for a full season as first choice, so we'll need two if Duffy leaves), a leader in midfield (to replace Akpan), a goalscorer (of the forwards I only really rate Graham and half of Stokes).

New owners (goes without saying)

In reality we are never going to get all of these. So I'd focus on the keeper and fullbacks and one CM leader.

--------------- New

New ---- Duffy ----- Greer ---- New

Marshall - Byrne - New - Conway

------- Graham ------- Stokes

Subs:

Steele

Ward

Wharton

Evans

Feeney

Akpan

Gallagher

Debatable omissions / squadies / assuming first XI improvements signed:

Lenihan (loan out, bench if Duffy leaves)

Lowe (prefer Evans in CM role cover, bench if Marshall leaves)

Guthrie (hasn't done enough, sell if a new signing can be made)

Bennett (long term injured)

Henley (squad cover)

Hendrie (send back)

Wonder if Conway could play in the David Dunn mould and perhaps play Gallagher on the left and drop Stokes?

8 but only 5 in a match day squad.

We currently have 3. Gallagher, Hendrie and Byrne.

Looks like we are going to have to 'wee with the willy we've got' then as we won't improve on the First XI with freebies.

The left back is Bennett from villa on a perm, £500,000

Highly unlikely they will sanction £500,000 being spent on one player.

If by some miracle they decide to release some funds for new players then I think it just sums up their mismanagement of this club. If they have money to spend and are prepared to spend it then it should have been there all summer long for the manager to strengthen weeks ago. They've left us now with a dreadful squad of frees and loans 4 games into the season and it would just encapsulate Venkys if they suddenly allowed Coyle to spend some money on new players in the last week of the window after woeful results and performances.

If by some miracle they decide to release some funds for new players then I think it just sums up their mismanagement of this club. If they have money to spend and are prepared to spend it then it should have been there all summer long for the manager to strengthen weeks ago. They've left us now with a dreadful squad of frees and loans 4 games into the season and it would just encapsulate Venkys if they suddenly allowed Coyle to spend some money on new players in the last week of the window after woeful results and performances.

They could be subbing a bit of the money they are going to get for Duffy and Marshall.

Think that's the asking price, like you say, probably won't happen mate

Archived