SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Transfers Part 2

Tom

• Replies 13.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If it ain't nailed down it's for sale.

Amazing how we can't get a word out of them when it comes to buying players but they are quick to respond when there an outgoing transfer in the offing.

No communication? No clear plan? There is when it suits.

£4.5 for Duffy? Amazed if it's half of that but happy, the more cash they get in they more likely they may just sod off

Suspect Rovers' leaks from same person who publishes official gate numbers !!!

Losing Shane Duffy would be nothing short of a disaster for the club, just puts us a step closer to league 1.

But if it means those rats in Pune scurry off back into the wilderness then brilliant, anything else is just a disaster.

Blackburn accept bid for Shane Duffy from Brighton. Fee around £4.5m

More asset stripping

Another player sold for decent money,will it be invested in getting in a decent replacement ,not a chance,and still the Rovers Fans will not see what is happening before there eyes.

Venkys Out and take all your puppets with you.

If he's gone for £4.5m then it has to be seen as a decent outcome. I know some will argue not, but he doesn't want to be here and can walk away for nothing in the summer. I'd love to think that we may actually be able to pay a fee for someone now but I doubt it.

Only Marshall & Evans to go after Dudfy, might as well get on with it and take the hit now. Once they've gone if those shysters don't show any sign of doing one or reinvesting at least 10 mill then we know there is no end game in sight.

At least everyone knows then, i'll be out for good if they stay as I'm sure another few thousand will soon.

Not rated by many experts on here.

Correct me if I'm wrong but didn't we sign him Nzonzi from ligue 2?

If the Duffy deal gives a chance to replace him with a 6 foot 7 replacement from the same league, it might be a good investment going forward, one could hope.

Obviously a risk selling Duffy who has all the raw materials to be a good player for us but, similar to Marshall - I'm not sad to see either go, maybe a symptom of the "brainwashing" that JHR mentioned, more likely just sick of seeing both underperform.

I can also fathom the theory of Venkys leaving when we are at the point of max debt cleared - and that involves selling players. Bring it on if it means dialogue to get us out of this misery.

Another step on the stripping down process. False reports of £4.5 million being the bid, no doubt put out by Rovers in an attempt to pacify the fanbase as they prepare to cash in on yet another asset. Its amazing how many people on twitter have already hailed this as great business or a good outcome. In reality it won't make a jot of difference to this club whether we get 1 million, 4 million or 14 million, the entirety of that money will follow the Cairney, Gestede, Rhodes and Hanley money into various bank accounts in Asia and the club will go from struggling to survive to really struggling to survive.

We've now successfully dismantled what was last season one of the strongest defences in the league. There's a reason why promotion favourites like Brighton and Newcastle are coming knocking for these players and a reason we're going to be left fighting relegation with a makeshift defence of two 36 year olds and an 18 year old finding his feet at this level. The summer before we successfully set about dismantling what was one of the most feared attacks in this league with Cairney, King, Gestede and Rhodes.

We won't benefit, so it ain't good business. We won't get a better CB than Duffy with zero money and less than a week of the window remaining. Perhaps someone should get a message to India that we're going to run out of spaces for loan players soon so the plan to fill the squad with other clubs kids isnt going to get much further.

There's no way Brighton are paying £4.5 million for Duffy with less than a year left on his deal. No way. We'll probably get £2 million up front with some more in add ons for appearances and if they get promoted. Will do us a whole lot of good in League One.

Hopefully, at some point, this team will be introduced to each other!

Do I recall Coyle saying at the end of last season that it was important to get the transfer business sorted out early?

Or was that just a succession of Venky-appointed managers who spoke in hope rather than experience?

From Nixon

Blackburn next two will be Tommy Hoban from Watford loan and Derrick Williams from Bristol City buy. Both play ch and lb. Prem loan ch due.

More info on Hoban

http://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/tom-hoban/profil/spieler/183161

I know not much about either player tbh

Hoban broke through when he was 18 when Watford were trying to get out of this league, got linked with some big clubs like United at the time. If Venkys model is to buy young developing players and sell them on then Hoban should have been the one to cough up for if there was a chance... He's a fairly big lad and would have been a like for like for Duffy in many ways.

I know nothing of Williams except he's out of favour at Bristol City... Which doesn't look good.

Archived