SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Transfers Part 2

Tom

• Replies 13.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

He's been scouting at the olympics.

Seen a few promising whiff-whaffers, put in a few bids, looking promising but progress is slow. Wee gems, leaders of men, daughter's handbag, worldies, partick thistle, pass me a donut, trying to get them in, <eyeballs swivel, adopts robotic voice> ILLUMINATI WILL CONQUER, RESISTANCE IS FUTILE!

Wheelock now reporting that Coyle "would certainly like to add" before the Fulham game. Well that's some climb down, Wee Gem was talking about bringing in 4 or 5 a few weeks ago, then it came down to 2 or 3 and now its talk of making an addition. Whilst I know the football is a sideshow at the moment the prospect of having our trousers unceremoniously pulled down to our ankles on a weekly basis with a load of teenagers filling out the bench isn't something I'm looking forward to.

Wheelock now reporting that Coyle "would certainly like to add" before the Fulham game. Well that's some climb down, Wee Gem was talking about bringing in 4 or 5 a few weeks ago, then it came down to 2 or 3 and now its talk of making an addition. Whilst I know the football is a sideshow at the moment the prospect of having our trousers unceremoniously pulled down to our ankles on a weekly basis with a load of teenagers filling out the bench isn't something I'm looking forward to.

Key words being 'would certainly like to'.

I would 'certainly like to' see the back of him and his paymasters before the Fulham game. That doesn't mean its going to happen.

I would 'certainly like to' see Lionel Messi driving down Bolton Road at tea time. That doesn't mean its going to happen.

Coyle is just playing for time. A week from now and nobody will be here. The Duffy/Marshall performance appears to have died down since last week, so expect to see another escalation on that front in the next few days as the people in the shadows step up their efforts to sell them before the window shuts. Then, and only then, will Coyle be permitted to bring in a new player, and that will only be a loanee or free agent.

this is what I reckon will happen Duffy & Marshall will be sold then we will sign Brown and probably Spearing before the summer transfer shuts if the Venkys authorise the deals in time

Brown is due to feature for the U21s tonight. If he comes through that unscathed then I expect he will be given a short term contract, probably pay as you play. Its now clear we're operating on a 'one in one out' basis. The Gallagher loan wasn't authorised until John O'Sullivan went off to Accy, so if he wants Spearing he will only be able to do it when someone departs, and we all know what that means.

Brown is due to feature for the U21s tonight. If he comes through that unscathed then I expect he will be given a short term contract, probably pay as you play. Its now clear we're operating on a 'one in one out' basis. The Gallagher loan wasn't authorised until John O'Sullivan went off to Accy, so if he wants Spearing he will only be able to do it when someone departs, and we all know what that means.

Spearing was USELESS when last here.

Spearing was useless when last here.........................PLEASE NO!!!!!!!!!

I remember in the days of Clubcall spending 1 transfer deadline day at work phoning every few minutes after beng told that we were due to announce some huge signings. Turned out it was the manager and assistant signing extended contracts I think. Maybe this is something like that.

I expect Duffy and Marshall to be offered 'improved terms' this week, which will be reported as turned down and sets them up for a sale.

Brown and Spearing will be lauded as champions league experience players, the wee gem will be telling us we're trying to build something here, bring the young boys on, etc, etc. Load of tripe

Surely we aren't going to offer Brown a deal are we? He's an inury prone player who has been using our treatment facilities for a couple of months now since coming on trial. Should make him pay his bill and tell him to jog on. Even on a pay as you play it isn't worth it because he's always going to be injured when we need him. Not worth it IMO.

I expect Duffy and Marshall to be offered 'improved terms' this week, which will be reported as turned down and sets them up for a sale.

Brown and Spearing will be lauded as champions league experience players, the wee gem will be telling us we're trying to build something here, bring the young boys on, etc, etc. Load of tripe

He's already jumped in on the fact we had to play Wharton as we'd no one else by saying we've got to build this club up from the ground. He is right of course but you've no chance of that whilst people are still in the process of pulling it to bits. Also he seems to be trying to gain credit for playing Wharton when it was an unavoidable situation and I doubt he'd have been all over it if the lad had a mare.

Proper spin merchant.

Spearing was USELESS when last here.

Spearing was useless when last here.........................PLEASE NO!!!!!!!!!

Yes. Danny Murphy described him this week as not athletic enough to play at a higher level.....feck me, if danny murphy is calling you for athleticism, then you must be bab.

Yes. Danny Murphy described him this week as not athletic enough to play at a higher level.....feck me, if danny murphy is calling you for athleticism, then you must be bab.

And he even looks like Murphy - not a good memory

Archived