BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Transfers Part 2

Tom

Weakens us significantly despite the histrionics on here, as for replacing him with Brown :lol: why not bring back Keeley? or Mail? they'd get more games in than Brown.

Bunkem. Duffy was a liability for a large portion of last season. 10 minutes of Brown is better than 90 minutes of Duffy losing his man constantly. Though Brown will be purely back up for one of the young lads who lets face it can't be any worse than Duffy.

It shows how far we have fallen when fans lament the loss of such dross

#venkysout

• Replies 13.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

No end game. The cycle starts again, only this time in Division 1.

I really wouldn't be surprised, they'll be telling their bankers we can keep repeating these sales every 2 or 3 years whilst reducing costs.

Too stupid to realise if it was so simple every club outside the Prem would be doing it. Idiots.

Bunkem. Duffy was a liability for a large portion of last season. 10 minutes of Brown is better than 90 minutes of Duffy losing his man constantly. Though Brown will be purely back up for one of the young lads who lets face it can't be any worse than Duffy.

It shows how far we have fallen when fans lament the loss of such dross

#venkysout

Brown doesn't play football, he's a crock, finished, so lets put him to one side a minute.

Duffy is attracting attention from Sunderland, promotion chasing Brighton and Celtic that we know of, Hull are also interested apparently. He played in the Euros for the Republic having been a bench warmer previously and you think he's a liability, not good enough for league 1 bound Blackburn Rovers?

You need to stop reading this site pal, most wouldn't know a decent central defender it he tackled them above the knee keeley esq.

The clubs weakened significantly if Duffy goes, simple as that.

#'venkysout - Nothing else matters (But I'll argue Duffy is a decent full back all day long) :P

I remember City paying £16m for De Jong when he was in the last year of his contract. If Brighton sell Dunk they will need a new CB before the window closes. If they have decided they way Duffy we can probably get a decent fee for him. Would imagine Everton would have a fair chunk of any profit.

I can say one thing for Brighton if they think getting Duffy in is a vital piece in their promotion jigsaw they'll end up bitterly disappointed.

I wonder if any of you have played in a team with a veteran defender? I have, and as a goalkeeper have been able to observe the positive effect that an 'old head' has on younger players, especially in the back four. Of course a veteran may lack the acceleration and raw power of a younger team mate, but this is more than compensated for by their ability to read the game and to use their experience to influence the passage of play. So, for me, the prospect of Wes Brown coming in doesn't pose any other problem other than the obvious one of him missing more matches through injury than he actually plays. Ideally what we need is a settled back four who get to know how each other plays and who can operate as a unit. At the moment the idea of losing a liability (Duffus) and replacing him with players that vary from game to game due to injuries and availability being compromised, makes me more worried about our chances this season than anything else. If we continue leaking goals at the current rate we will be doomed by Christmas - the downward spiral will increase in momentum with every further body blow that this side and club takes. I don't know how much more we can tolerate before the whole thing becomes a inevitable slide into League 1...

A normal club would laugh up their sleeve, take the £4m for Shane Donkey and replace him easily. Same goes for Grant Awol Hanley.

This should be how Rovers look as they take the cash.......in a normal situation

Manchester-City-v-West-Ham.jpg

Sadly we are no longer a normal club

One veteran is fine but it's conceivable that we'll have 2 at the combined age of 71 at the heart of our defence if they're both fit. Blimey, they'll have to sit so deep they'll be on their own goal line.

Got a horrible feeling that they may ask J-Lo to fill in there as he's done it before. Or even worse, put Lenihan in there and try him again in the engine room. What a terrible side we have.

Brown doesn't play football, he's a crock, finished, so lets put him to one side a minute.

Duffy is attracting attention from Sunderland, promotion chasing Brighton and Celtic that we know of, Hull are also interested apparently. He played in the Euros for the Republic having been a bench warmer previously and you think he's a liability, not good enough for league 1 bound Blackburn Rovers?

You need to stop reading this site pal, most wouldn't know a decent central defender it he tackled them above the knee keeley esq.

#'venkysout - Nothing else matters (But I'll argue Duffy is a decent full back all day long) :P

Gav needs to be told where Duffy plays - nothing else matters.

A normal club would laugh up their sleeve, take the £4m for Shane Donkey and replace him easily. Same goes for Grant Awol Hanley.

This should be how Rovers look as they take the cash.......in a normal situation

Manchester-City-v-West-Ham.jpg

Sadly we are no longer a normal club

Yep a decent manager and a club with a plan could take a couple of million from the possible nearly 10 million for those two (probably about 7 mill in reality) and easily replace them.

Remember Chris Samba & Ryan Nelson, combined fees of what 1.5 mill or something ?

I wonder if any of you have played in a team with a veteran defender? I have, and as a goalkeeper have been able to observe the positive effect that an 'old head' has on younger players, especially in the back four. Of course a veteran may lack the acceleration and raw power of a younger team mate, but this is more than compensated for by their ability to read the game and to use their experience to influence the passage of play. So, for me, the prospect of Wes Brown coming in doesn't pose any other problem other than the obvious one of him missing more matches through injury than he actually plays. Ideally what we need is a settled back four who get to know how each other plays and who can operate as a unit. At the moment the idea of losing a liability (Duffus) and replacing him with players that vary from game to game due to injuries and availability being compromised, makes me more worried about our chances this season than anything else. If we continue leaking goals at the current rate we will be doomed by Christmas - the downward spiral will increase in momentum with every further body blow that this side and club takes. I don't know how much more we can tolerate before the whole thing becomes a inevitable slide into League 1...

i agree with the old head bit , but having 2 of those in Greer and Brown starting every game , in this league where it seems every team we come up against as pace is asking for trouble

Gav needs to be told where Duffy plays - nothing else matters.

Play the ball no the man, you'll be getting banned again, bit of advice :tu:

Todays a new day so you'll get my attention until you inevitably ferk it up it again, so behave.

At this moment in time and for the Rovers, Duffy is not a good centre back

Play the ball no the man, you'll be getting banned again, bit of advice :tu:

Todays a new day so you'll get my attention until you inevitably ferk it up it again, so behave.

Trouble is pal you're sticking up for someone who you obviously know nothing about. You're just trolling for the sake of it. Duffy is a big lumbering CB, not a FB.

Duffy cost us the game the other night, and also cost fans that went to the game a lot of money to watch one of the most disgraceful performances ever from a Rovers player. Get some perspective pal.

Trouble is pal you're sticking up for someone who you obviously know nothing about. You're just trolling for the sake of it. Duffy is a big lumbering CB, not a FB.

Duffy cost us the game the other night, and also cost fans that went to the game a lot of money to watch one of the most disgraceful performances ever from a Rovers player. Get some perspective pal.

Playing the man, mixed up with a bit of ball, is still playing the man blueboy, no matter how many 'Pals' you put in :blink:

Talk transfers, not Gav please :tu:

Duffy a full back? Definitely not. He's an average centre back who still seems to be very raw. He's okay in those 'backs to the walls' games but often seems to make huge errors and has bouts of losing concentration. He cost us derbies vs Preston and Burnley last year, and his start to this season has been absolutely disgusting.

He was ok last year, but whenever Hanley didn't play (as evidenced this year) he looked lost. He definitely needs an experienced head next to him.

He's probably better than most others we have (not hard!), but not too bothered to see the back of him, purely because he strikes me as a total c0ck and his performance on Wednesday will forever be remembered as one of the most disgraceful Rovers showings ever.

Age is a different game Ila's a CB at this level - the expert makes a good point (I can't help but read his username and say "who made you the__expert" everytime... Haha).

I want Duffy gone, I'd rather see someone like Lowe even play centre back and try hard and fail, rather than than these overpaid idiots not putting their brain in.

Back to age though - Berg and Short was a really good combo! Didn't we have harkness and bjornebe as well? That's like 125 years of old defender!

There are a number of seasoned pros within the team still who will be pretty upset about how this reflects on them. I think you can see that Graham, Stokes and Greer in particular are disgusted at what's going on with both management and team 'mates'.

Saw Graham in Blackburn town centre yesterday, weirdly enough. He was wandering into the mall with some chap (around 4pm). Not that any of this has any real relevance. I thought he's looked a bit chubby this season but he's a big guy in person.

I think there are real problems behind the scenes. Whether the divide is amongst the players or between them and Coyle, I don't know. I imagine Duffy and Marshall are probably receiving the scorn of some, perhaps it's been the case for any player who's wanted to leave. Tbf, no one would come in for the majority of our squad so maybe there's a little bitterness there.

I think there is a divide between players and a divide between players and management.

Nixon has obvously been sniffing glue, he reckons we're in for 6 players and want answers on 3-5 of them asap. He also replied to a Rovers fan who questioned why anyone would want to come with a sarcastic, "aye right, cheerio". The man is a complete tool and so deep in a certain agencies pocket it hurts.

I think there is a divide between players and a divide between players and management.

Nixon has obvously been sniffing glue, he reckons we're in for 6 players and want answers on 3-5 of them asap. He also replied to a Rovers fan who questioned why anyone would want to come with a sarcastic, "aye right, cheerio". The man is a complete tool and so deep in a certain agencies pocket it hurts.

He's never really bothered me that much but in these circumstances... He's a total cretin.

Age is a different game Ila's a CB at this level - the expert makes a good point (I can't help but read his username and say "who made you the__expert" everytime... Haha).

I want Duffy gone, I'd rather see someone like Lowe even play centre back and try hard and fail, rather than than these overpaid idiots not putting their brain in.

Back to age though - Berg and Short was a really good combo! Didn't we have harkness and bjornebe as well? That's like 125 years of old defender!

One of the more remarkable turnarounds in a Rovers season came when we snapped up John McNamee. We were heading to the Fourth Division until Big John arrived and sorted out our defence. His knees had gone, he couldn't get around the pitch but he got young Faz to do his running and organised the rest of the defence. Personally, I could see Greer doing something similar with either Wharton or Lenihan alongside him. Centre back is all about being able to read the game and that has never been Duffy's strong point. As a stopper, with the right player alongside him Duffy was OK, but it's become clear he doesn't want to be here and no doubt his agent will have worked a decent deal for him at another club.

Come on JBizz, look at the team they had in front of them!! The opposition had to worry about us, not the other way about.

As it stands, our defence never get any respite because we can't win the ball and when we do get it we can't keep it.

Part of me doesn't blame him PB - we hardly are showing ambition - it just doesn't excuse his behaviour. I'm not one for conspiracy theories - I don't think he meant to score two own goals but the cause was obvious - lad doesn't care.

I'd sooner watch Greer with someone developing than a player who doesn't care. There are a few more - Marshall has his head so far down, I'm sure I saw him call someone on the bench a "bellend" against Wigan and so far that's been his only sound contribution. As a decent right back, he doesn't even help out defensively anymore!

Conway for example - nowhere near the quality but we need more of his attitude.

• Backroom

he blocked people yesterday who tweeted #coyleout when he wasn't even tagged in the tweet!

Archived