BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Transfers Part 2

Tom

Trying to look on the bright side but once the other two of Marshall and Evans have gone, and they will, then there is nothing left to sell in player terms. No parachutes and no sign of another crop of players coming through who will be worth anything more than peanuts to lower league clubs.

That should be enough for them to dump us when there is nothing left to pilfer or service the gargantuan still increasing borrowings they no doubt have.

End game please.

No end game. The cycle starts again, only this time in Division 1.

• Replies 13.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Our saving grace is that we seem to have a lot of influential people ready in the wings to take over (Seneca). If it was true about their offer in earlier in the summer and money to invest then if we do go down and do lose value it shouldn't be an issue to pick us back up.

Anyway, I'm glad the mug is going. Has shown me nothing the past few weeks to make me believe he cares about us or the club. Let's just say I can't wait to give him a reception when Brighton come to ours. Despise the man. Especially if the whole armband story is true. PIG.

Don't be so sure regarding Seneca: whilst their intentions as Rovers can't be questioned, pulling that level of investment together won't hang around forever. It has to be assumed that the ship has sailed thanks to Venkys rudeness.

I still can't believe people are delighted to see the back of duffy. He is not the problem the owners are, you are being conned. Duffy was stupid yes but would he have done that under a good manager and a well run club, out of all of us who would really want to play under coyle and Venkys, as JHRover says this almost a set up.

They wanted Duffy and Marshall sold, forget new contracts they were not offered them, read the LT again coyle does not say a new contract, just talk of new terms. Marshall will be next.

Don't fall for it folks venkys out is the only answer.

Duffy is average at best and if the fee is 4 million then the world really has gone mad.

A very error prone centre half (impressive collection of own goals on YouTube) and going off the armband incident he's not the sharpest knife in the drawer either.

The lack of re-investment to replace Hanley is the major concern for me.

So it seems the club has succeeded in portraying the players as the wrongdoers in this whole sordid affair. Operation success.

As LDRover says, its been blatantly obvious since the moment Lambert quit that Hanley, Duffy and Marshall would all be sold at some stage this summer. This has been the clubs intention from the word go. Forget all the nonsense about wanting to keep them and offering them improved terms, its all lies to try and salvage some credibility for the club.

I can't believe anyone can lay the blame at the feet of Marshall and Duffy in this situation. Yes they have been poor, even woeful, this season. Is that a surprise when the club is trying to sell you? When the club makes no effort to keep you by offering a new contract? When the latest clueless manager spends every press conference admitting other clubs are interested and have been making bids? When every other decent player has been sold in the last 12 months?

There was never any intention to keep either of them. The players know it, Coyle knows it and most realistic fans know it. The club want to pass this off as selling two players who 'don't want to wear the shirt' or 'who aren't prepared to put a shift in'. The reality is their performances are a result of the clubs problems, not a cause of them.

Hook line and sinker time. They've hit the jackpot with Duffy's display against Cardiff because some fans would happily drive him to Brighton, when the real problem lies higher up the chain with the people who have been trying to sell these two players all summer.

Woaaaah!! The club are an absolute shambles but let's get something straight. Everyone of those players is like a pampered pooch on millions of pounds a year. Whatever the club have done or haven't done to keep him...however much the lads feel part of a pantomime in Owens doughnut Friday factory, there is no justification for not giving 100%. It's unprofessional and unacceptable.

Marshall has behaved like a petulant child and Duffy even worse...the end.

Once again the club have played a blinder in 'assisting' anything of value out of the club. How on earth can you let two of your biggest assets contracts run down to within ten months of their end? There won't be a real outcry though because both have been poor this season which has deflected away from the symbolic way in which this particular situation has been handled. The club treats the fans with utter contempt and disrespect.

If only we had a football manager with the cunning and foresight as whoever has managed and engineered this.

Duffy is average at best and if the fee is 4 million then the world really has gone mad.

A very error prone centre half (impressive collection of own goals on YouTube) and going off the armband incident he's not the sharpest knife in the drawer either.

The lack of re-investment to replace Hanley is the major concern for me.

To pay four million for a player you could pick up for free in twelve months is simply crazy, particularly for a player like Duffy who, like you say, is still very raw and prone to errors. Sadly, I think we all know that Wes Brown, some freebie or a loan is likely to be the replacement. However, Duffy's recent performances, and from what I read on here the tweet by Duffy's father, would have made his position at the club impossible. A parting of the ways is best for all concerned at this juncture.

Both parties are to blame in my view. The club have made it clear to other clubs they want to sell, they've courted interest for him through inferences made throughout these so called 'contract negotiations', the same with Marshall. They have also treated both players with utter contempt and set them up to be looked at unfavourably with fans, although both have grabbed that with both hands, morons.

Duffy cannot be excused for his totally unprofessional attitude and performance. Disagreeing with your manage to is no excuse for such terrible performance. I was director of a company where the chief exec was a chocolate fire guard, I still did my job to a very high standard, there is no excuse. Especially in a 'job' such as football where all that is required is endeavour. There has been nothing stopping Duffy and/or Marshall giving their maximum effort other than their unwillingness to do so.

Both parties are to blame in my view. The club have made it clear to other clubs they want to sell, they've courted interest for him through inferences made throughout these so called 'contract negotiations', the same with Marshall. They have also treated both players with utter contempt and set them up to be looked at unfavourably with fans, although both have grabbed that with both hands, morons.

Duffy cannot be excused for his totally unprofessional attitude and performance. Disagreeing with your manage to is no excuse for such terrible performance. I was director of a company where the chief exec was a chocolate fire guard, I still did my job to a very high standard, there is no excuse. Especially in a 'job' such as football where all that is required is endeavour. There has been nothing stopping Duffy and/or Marshall giving their maximum effort other than their unwillingness to do so.

Agreed. Giving 100% is the minimum requirement. It also the commonly agreed level amongst the players. I believe that these two players are just as likely to be using the shambles behind the scenes as an excuse to lever a move away. The weirdest thing is that both have been pretty unremarkable and had we kept the Cairneys, Gestedes, Rhodes and Hanleys of the team they would probably be being pushed out of the club now...

They will both be getting absolutely caned by the lads for their behaviour. Duffy in particular is an absolute disgrace.

To pay four million for a player you could pick up for free in twelve months is simply crazy, particularly for a player like Duffy who, like you say, is still very raw and prone to errors. Sadly, I think we all know that Wes Brown, some freebie or a loan is likely to be the replacement. However, Duffy's recent performances, and from what I read on here the tweet by Duffy's father, would have made his position at the club impossible. A parting of the ways is best for all concerned at this juncture.

Depends if you are about to get double that for Lewis Dunk..

A dustbin would be an improvement on Duffy (even last season) so Brown would be fine on low wages

:lol: yeah, I'm sure Captain Lowe is ripping them a new one.

I'm assuming you don't know him then? Trust me mate being amongst those lads when you're behaving like that isn't pleasant. I'd imagine that they'll both be about as popular as a fart in a space suit after throwing one in for the first three games. Extremely unforgiving bunch!

I remember City paying £16m for De Jong when he was in the last year of his contract. If Brighton sell Dunk they will need a new CB before the window closes. If they have decided they way Duffy we can probably get a decent fee for him. Would imagine Everton would have a fair chunk of any profit.

• Backroom

I'm assuming you don't know him then? Trust me mate being amongst those lads when you're behaving like that isn't pleasant. I'd imagine that they'll both be about as popular as a fart in a space suit after throwing one in for the first three games. Extremely unforgiving bunch!

Sorry, but I don't believe you.

Once again the club have played a blinder in 'assisting' anything of value out of the club. How on earth can you let two of your biggest assets contracts run down to within ten months of their end? There won't be a real outcry though because both have been poor this season which has deflected away from the symbolic way in which this particular situation has been handled. The club treats the fans with utter contempt and disrespect.

If only we had a football manager with the cunning and foresight as whoever has managed and engineered this.

The whole thing is a set up job. I am convinced. I think 'they' have stepped it up a gear as the deadline approaches in less than 2 weeks, no doubt concerned that they are running out of time to get this done before the window slams shut. I think there has been a plan all summer long to cash in on these two, its been rumbling on in the background with people behind the scenes attempting to get them sold off, the manager inviting more bids, the club making no effort to get new contracts signed.

I don't believe they have been offered new deals, or if they have then certainly not on improved terms, I think this is just another mechanism to bring the situation to a head in August before the window closes, and then when the players reject the 'offers' the club can then claim it tried to keep them when actually there was never any serious attempt to do so.

Just to be clear, I don't think either Duffy or Marshall are irreplaceable, but we then get back to the old story of 'if' Venkys allow the manager to reinvest some of the money. We should all know by now that there is no chance whatsoever of the manager being able to spend money to replace them, so in the medium to long term the only thing that will suffer is Blackburn Rovers as our task of surviving in this league becomes even more difficult than it is at the moment. Yes, their performances have been dreadful this season, but they certainly aren't the only ones in that team who have been appalling in the 3 games so far.

I understand what people are saying about Marshall and Duffy's performances and attitude this season. I understand they are professionals paid huge amounts to play for this club. But ultimately no matter how much you are paid, in football when a club behaves as disgracefully as this one has in recent times and attempts to push players out the door then those players attitudes and performances will be negatively affected. It happens at numerous clubs where a player is the subject of constant transfer speculation.

I think we need to shift our attentions away from the players and towards 'the club'. The club have allowed this situation to develop. Its been happening for years now with suspicious circumstances around players leaving. Samba, Nelsen, Emerton, NZonzi started it all off and there have been numerous others over the last few years. Every time the club has succeeded in convincing the fanbase that these players needed to be removed for the good of the team/club, that these players were 'bad eggs', that we would be better without them, and now we're on the brink of League One and are doing it with unquestionably two of our better players again.

A dustbin would be an improvement on Duffy (even last season) so Brown would be fine on low wages

Weakens us significantly despite the histrionics on here, as for replacing him with Brown :lol: why not bring back Keeley? or Mail? they'd get more games in than Brown.

Archived