BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Transfers Part 2

Tom

• Replies 13.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You didn't actually believe him did you Chaddy?

Footballers are mercenaries at the best of the times, who the hell would want to play for us in our current situation?

Then dont start lying to fans and make comments that he wanted to start. nobody forced him to make those comment.

No true, but you didnt expect him to say 'Nah, you know what, I don't like playing for that new bloke I'm off in January so I can have a nice signing on bonus' did you?

Didnt need to answer the question

I dont believe Wheelock approach Marshall about his future but probably the other way

So do I, cried my eyes out when he left.

Assuming you mean Big Al.

Shearer not Nixon.

Stuff like that makes you more cynical (or realistic). I actually believed him and it felt like the world was lifted off my shoulders when he said he was staying. I was gutted when he left.

Marshall wanting to go is as niggling as forgetting to put the green bin out.

So it seems the club has succeeded in portraying the players as the wrongdoers in this whole sordid affair. Operation success.

As LDRover says, its been blatantly obvious since the moment Lambert quit that Hanley, Duffy and Marshall would all be sold at some stage this summer. This has been the clubs intention from the word go. Forget all the nonsense about wanting to keep them and offering them improved terms, its all lies to try and salvage some credibility for the club.

I can't believe anyone can lay the blame at the feet of Marshall and Duffy in this situation. Yes they have been poor, even woeful, this season. Is that a surprise when the club is trying to sell you? When the club makes no effort to keep you by offering a new contract? When the latest clueless manager spends every press conference admitting other clubs are interested and have been making bids? When every other decent player has been sold in the last 12 months?

There was never any intention to keep either of them. The players know it, Coyle knows it and most realistic fans know it. The club want to pass this off as selling two players who 'don't want to wear the shirt' or 'who aren't prepared to put a shift in'. The reality is their performances are a result of the clubs problems, not a cause of them.

Hook line and sinker time. They've hit the jackpot with Duffy's display against Cardiff because some fans would happily drive him to Brighton, when the real problem lies higher up the chain with the people who have been trying to sell these two players all summer.

I'd prefer to see him rot in the U23s but I suppose it's best to get rid of the chump. No way on gods earth are we receiving a straight 4 million, never. More window dressing here, sick to the back teeth with all this.

He has engineered a move by performances that were totally unacceptable. Not the first to do this and ultimately the club are better off without that type of individual at Ewood. I would much rather give Lenihan or Wharton a game - lads who actually want to play for Blackburn Rovers. No player is bigger than the club and certainly not one who is as average as Duffy. Good riddance.

Someone behind the scenes isn't as stupid as some people think. Whoever is running affairs from the shadows (advising/instructing Venkys on what to accept and what to reject) clearly knows a thing or two about the importance of timing and numbers.

Selling Duffy for £1 million to Brighton the same week as Hanley was sold would have caused a riot. Selling Duffy for '£4 million' (yeah right) after he's delivered two catastrophically bad performances and 'rejected an improved contract offer' (another thing I don't believe has happened) then all of a sudden selling him becomes a lot more popular with the fanbase.

This has happened time and time again over the last few years and still people come out with the old mantra of 'we're better off without these sort' or 'we dont need them' or 'for that price we should snap their hands off'.

We won't be better off because their replacements will be loans or bargain bucket rubbish. We do need them because if managed properly they are part of a small and diminishing group of Championship standard players. The price we get is ultimately irrelevant to the football club because it won't benefit from a penny of it.

I'm sick and fed up with this.

He has engineered a move by performances that were totally unacceptable. Not the first to do this and ultimately the club are better off without that type of individual at Ewood. I would much rather give Lenihan or Wharton a game - lads who actually want to play for Blackburn Rovers. No player is bigger than the club and certainly not one who is as average as Duffy. Good riddance.

Agreed. Unfortunately these promosing youngsters are going to be learning under the leadership of Owen Coyle... God help them.

I would much rather give Lenihan or Wharton a game - lads who actually want to play for Blackburn Rovers

You don't know this is true, plus even if it is, it's only because it's their only hope of professional first team football. The men have all gone now, boys stepping into a mans world.

If you were a junior academy member, u16, u18 or u21 with any type of potential, they'd be away to a properly run club.

I know he's got a bit of potential in terms of learning the game and gaining experience but he'll never iron out his clumsiness on the deck I don't think. Being honest I wish we'd never set eyes on him as a centre pairing of Hanley and Killa or Baptiste would have saved us a good few conceded particularly a few seasons ago. Also it may have stopped Hanley losing his focus and form when he did.

They clearly didn't get on and struggled to play together when this guy first popped up. I'd also be interested to know who brought him to the club, why and what part they've played in his antics so far. A fading carrot topped managers brother who was friendly with a shelf seller maybe ?

Indeed. Think Nzonzi and Samba. Both portrayed as not wanting to play for the club and sold when in reality the moves were engineered by the club.

The club and these owners and whoever else is involved in this operation have been engineering arrivals and departures to suit a non-footballing agenda since the day they arrived. There was a welcome break in this process whilst Gary Bowyer was manager, but its back underway and as I mentioned yesterday the similarities to 2010-12 are remarkable.

These players are the latest in a very long line of people over the last 5 years who have been pushed towards the exit door for non-footballing reasons. The only thing that will suffer from this is our task of surviving in this league will become more difficult.

I now await Coyle bemoaning the timing of their departures as it leaves no time to find replacements, especially in this harsh financial climate, such a shame because of FFP etc. etc.

Trying to look on the bright side but once the other two of Marshall and Evans have gone, and they will, then there is nothing left to sell in player terms. No parachutes and no sign of another crop of players coming through who will be worth anything more than peanuts to lower league clubs.

That should be enough for them to dump us when there is nothing left to pilfer or service the gargantuan still increasing borrowings they no doubt have.

End game please.

Trying to look on the bright side but once the other two of Marshall and Evans have gone, and they will, then there is nothing left to sell in player terms. No parachutes and no sign of another crop of players coming through who will be worth anything more than peanuts to lower league clubs.

That should be enough for them to dump us when there is nothing left to pilfer or service the gargantuan still increasing borrowings they no doubt have.

End game please.

Our saving grace is that we seem to have a lot of influential people ready in the wings to take over (Seneca). If it was true about their offer in earlier in the summer and money to invest then if we do go down and do lose value it shouldn't be an issue to pick us back up.

Anyway, I'm glad the mug is going. Has shown me nothing the past few weeks to make me believe he cares about us or the club. Let's just say I can't wait to give him a reception when Brighton come to ours. Despise the man. Especially if the whole armband story is true. PIG.

Archived